Chapter 18
1.1k 3 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Have you stopped them?" Lin Feng asked Mei Lin.

"Yes." Mei Lin replied.

"Then add a little more speed to discourage stubborn people from following us." Lin Feng told Mei Lin.

"Yes, master." Mei Lin replied to Lin Feng while she increased the speed of the boat.

Seeing everything was back to normal, the two continued observing the beautiful landscapes.

While Lin Feng and Mei Lin were appreciating nature, trouble was brewing for Li Cheng lei in the immortal territory.

"Old Cheng, don't think we don't know you are hiding something from us." An old voice spoke excitedly.

"Yes, I agree with old Yun. We immoral emperors should share everything." Another old man spoke.

"Two of you old men are bold. Do you dare to demand my things in my territory? Do you think I dare not attack you?" Li Cheng lei finally spoke up with evident anger in his voice.

Seeing this, the two old men knew their guesses were correct, so they struck while the iron was still hot.

"Old Cheng, it's not that we are domineering. Rather, we are looking out for your safety. What if the immortal venerable discovered what you were hiding?" The old man spoke, neither domineering nor humble.

The two old men had come to attend Li Cheng lei's birthday party, they didn't expect they would sense a treasure, though it was only briefly, they immediately rushed to investigate, and as if to confirm their guesses, a suppression formation that hinders the aura of treasures from being discovered was set up in a secret room.

They decided to pressure Li Cheng lei, but he was a stubborn old fart. Though they had the number advantage, they didn't dare to attack Li Cheng lei. There was a reason they had survived this long to become immortal emperors, that plus the three of them looked after one another.

Li Cheng lei suddenly had a bold idea, why did his son hesitate for a long time before sending the boxes over? It was within reason that he should have sent the boxes over as soon as he couldn't determine their grade, and why were the boxes five?

Li Cheng lei figured maybe the expert wanted five people to do his biddings? This must have been the only reason since he could only open one box before he got exhausted. So the boxes were supposed to be gifts to whomever fate brought, Li Cheng lei felt he had solved a big mystery.

"It is not hard for me to give you the treasure. The question is, do you dare receive it?" Li Cheng lei started pretending to be mysterious.

The two old men were startled, was old Cheng going senile? Initially, they had planned on slightly forcing the old man to get some benefits from him, but now he took the initiative to give them.

"Why shouldn't we dare?" Old Yun spoke with apparent excitement on his face. He couldn't tell what grade it was from the brief interaction with the treasure, but he was sure it was a high-grade immortal treasure or above.

Li Cheng lei didn't answer them but instead took out two boxes and handed them to the two old men. He then used the full power of the formation and concentrated it into the secret room.

"I'll give you guys one last chance to reconsider. If you open the box, there will be no turning back." Li Cheng lei warned the two old men.

"Trying to be mysterious to trick this old man?" Old man Lu spoke.

"Looks like you have already made a decision," Li Cheng lei said. He knew there was no way the two old men would back down because if he were in the same position as them, he too wouldn't back down.

"The boxes should only be opened one at a time," Li Cheng lei spoke up as he gestured to old Yun to open his box.

Old Yun was about to open the box, but he felt something was wrong. He was a sharpened veteran, so his sense of danger never let him down. He summoned a defensive talisman to protect his body then he proceeded to open the box.

Suddenly a terrible pressure was released from the box, the pressure descended on old Yun, and immediately, the defensive talisman he was so proud of broke like a piece of paper.

Cold sweat dripped from old Yun's forehead. He regretted his rash actions. An old man like him that had survived countless tribulations and boasted immense experience, he wondered where his usual caution went, but alas, it was too late for regrets. He could only hope that the other old men didn't harass his sect after his death.

When old Yun lost hope and accepted his fate, he suddenly heard a voice transmission from Li Cheng lei.

"Kneel." Li Cheng lei told old Yun through a voice transmission. He knew the only way to counter the pressure is to submit. He wanted the old man to suffer first before sharing the solution.

Old Yun wasted no time and threw himself to the ground. It was only then that the pressure disappeared. He knew if he hadn't knelt, death would have been a privilege. The skin that was in the box floated in the air and took the form of body armor. Old Yun wasted no time and snatched it from the air and directly wore it. The armor then disappeared. Old Yun could still feel it, so he wasn't worried. The old man was beaming with a smile like someone who hadn't encountered a life and death situation.

Li Cheng lei was not surprised with the scene as the same had happened to him. He felt he could take on an immortal venerable and win the fight.

Old man Lu was startled. One moment old Yun was dying, the other he received a treasure? When he saw old Yun almost dying, he had thanked the heavens he was not the first to open the box, but now he wanted to open his box, only that he still had some fears, what if he didn't survive? Naturally, he didn't know of the method of kneeling as the crafty Li Cheng lei had told old Yun using a sound transmission.

Old man Lu hesitated before his desire triumphed over his fear, he opened the box and soon he was in the same situation as old Yun, Li Cheng lei was amused before he told him how to handle it.

"Old Cheng, you are a hateful person." After old Lu was done, he couldn't help but curse Li Cheng lei.

"Next time, you guys should think twice before threatening me in my sect." Li Cheng lei spoke with amusement in his tone.

"Old Cheng, can you tell us how you got your hands on the immortal emperor's remains?" Old Yun asked.

"Don't worry. Those were gifts from your new master. We shall be meeting him soon." Li Cheng lei spoke calmly.

"So that's how it is." The two old men spoke together. They had guessed it was something like that by connecting dots.

"Why are you guys not complaining?" Li Cheng lei asked.

"Where in this world can you get free lunch?" Old Yun answered.

"Besides, what is the point of complaining? What is done is done." Old Lu added.

"Unexpectedly, you two are more clever than you seem." Li Cheng lei spoke in a positive tone.

"Don't talk nonsense. When are we meeting our master." Old Yun spoke, noticing Li Cheng lei's mocking words.

"We are supposed to go to the mortal realm, so I need to gather some resources before we go, and you guys need to bring some gifts with you to show your sincerity." Li Cheng lei addressed the old men.

"Then we shall meet tomorrow after everyone is done with preparations." Old Yun suggested.

The two old men nodded, approving old Yun's suggestion, old Yun and old man Lu disappeared and went to their sects to make preparations.

45