Chapter 39
436 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
press that 💜

Bing great emperor looked at the sky with a hateful expression. He prayed to the heavens that the voice to not be genuine, and he was hallucinating.

His wish wasn't answered. He looked at the man with untidy hair and clothes unbecoming of an immortal venerable. A sword was sheathed and was loosely hanging on his waist. He knew just how dangerous the sword was as he had once experienced its fierceness when war broke out in the olden times.

"What are you doing here?"

Bing great emperor asked with a hateful expression.

"What? Don't tell me you don't welcome old friends."

Sword great emperor said with a sneer, he knew he couldn't fight the old man, but that didn't stop him from annoying him.

"Don't forget about us."

A lady-like voice chimed in at the exact moment.

Two figures appeared after the voice boomed. One was of a woman with a green zither on her hands. She wore a yellow dress with black hair combed to the side into thin pieces like cicada wings. She was a true jade beauty.

Beside her was an old man with a long beard and white hair tied into a bun held in place by a blue crown that matched his robes.

"Zing Ling!"

The sword emperor and Bing emperor exclaimed at the same time when they saw the Zither great empress.

"Hey, are you guys forgetting about me?"

The old man beside the zither empress spoke with annoyance. He had purposefully made sure that he arrived with the empress so that the other two men could feel jealousy, but it seemed in front of the woman, his presence was the same as air.

"The empress is welcomed, but what do you two men want in my sect?"

Bing great emperor said after clearing his mind.

"Old man, stop pretending. You know exactly why we are here."

The sword emperor started.

Bing great emperor was confused. How was he supposed to know why they were here?

Suddenly everything clicked. These people must be here because of the forbidden land. He concluded. How they knew it was rather easy for him to figure it out. A spy must have been set up at the great gate that divided the mortal and immortal realms since he usually doesn't pay attention to his surroundings while opening the gate.

"So you guys have spies watching me?"

Bing great emperor said with a sneer though he had also done the same.

"Spare us the nonsense and tell us what happened to the forbidden land."

Huo great emperor said.

"If that's what you're here to find out, then you are out of luck as that had nothing to do with me."

Bing great emperor said while putting his hands behind his back.

"What do you mean it has nothing to do with you? What were you doing in the mortal realm then?"

The zither empress asked the old immortal venerable. From her spy's information, she concluded the matter had everything to do with the old man.

"You know I can't lie, to you at least."

Bing great emperor said gently.

'Strange, is he telling the truth?'

Zither empress thought to herself, she knew the old immortal was always trying to win her love. So it was strange if he lied to her. What she never told him was, if he tried to be more dominant instead of treating him like a princess, perhaps they would be together by now. She was a woman with a strange taste.

"Then how do you explain the forbidden land disappearing?"

Huo great emperor spoke. He would be a fool if he believed the old man.

He knew the forbidden land had many secrets. If it were him that had discovered a way to take it, he would never share.

"That was the work of a passing senior."

Bing great emperor said honestly.

"A passing senior? At least make a believable lie if you don't intend to tell us the way."

The sword immortal said with a sneer.

'How can the saints have time to visit the mortal realm?'

He thought to himself. He knew the old man was probably referring to a saint when he mentioned a senior.

"Hahaha.. then how come I sense extremely pure spiritual energy around you?"

Huo great emperor said with a laugh. He had almost believed the old man when he sensed the  energy around him.

"This.."

Bing great emperor was speechless. How were they supposed to believe him now? The spiritual energy around him resulted from him trying to absorb the energy around the old king. It was like entering a kitchen where various kinds of food were being prepared. Of course, the smell was bound to stick to him. What frustrated him was he only managed to absorb a wisp, and now it was bringing trouble.

"You can believe what you want, but what I said is the truth."

The old immortal said dismissively. He knew no matter what he said, they would never believe him.

Huo great emperor, looked at the other venerables. He tried to signal them to attack the old man, but no one dared. They didn't live this long to act impulsively on something they were not even sure they could get. Besides, if the old man could get the forbidden land, a feat they had failed, that showed just how powerful he was.

"Maybe we should also try our luck?"

Huo great emperor asked the other venerables. The only other forbidden land he knew of had appeared in the northern mortal territory five years ago. He had never tried to break in since past experience had taught him it was impossible. But now, it seemed forbidden lands could be removed. He was not going to waste the chance.

"Yes, another forbidden land appeared in your northern mortal territory five years ago. It shouldn't be hard to snatch it."

The sword immortal nodded at the idea.

"What about you empress?"

Huo great emperor asked the zither immortal.

"Forgive me, but I have something to attend to."

The zither immortal said. She thought things didn't seem quite right, plus even if the two old venerables managed to take the forbidden land, they would only fight and never share. Thinking of this, she circulated her qi and disappeared to her immortal western territory. A decision she would come to be proud of.

"No matter how powerful they are, women will always be women, timid creatures."

Huo great emperor said with a sneer.

Together with the sword immortal, they disappeared. Their destination was the forbidden land in the northern mortal territory.

Bing great emperor looked at them and sighed. He knew they were wasting time. How could they manage to take a forbidden land? That aside, the zither immortal had aroused him. His wives and concubines were going to pay the price.

Thinking of this, he disappeared and went to search for one of his wife with the fattest behind.

If you've reached this point, you might as well leave a review or a rating. Whatever you're comfortable with.

20