Chapter 52
287 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
press that 💜

Lin Feng slightly pulled on the rod after feeling the disturbance. With it, the line rushed out of the water with something attached at the end. It was a fish.

A silvery fish, the length of Lin Feng's arm, was firmly hooked at the end.

"Yes!" Lin Feng exclaimed with excitement as he quickly stood to receive the incoming fish.

The dog by his side wagged its tail furiously to the point the trail became a blur, in all its years, never had it tasted marine lifeforms, majorly because it was always concerned about cultivation matters and didn't linger on worthless things like food, but ever since it met Lin Feng. It didn't have to be constantly looking out for enemy attacks or cultivating to the next realm. One could say it was living life without a single worry.

Just as Lin Feng prepared to receive the fish, an unexpected scene occurred. The calm waters below trembled, and out emerged a monstrosity of a fish. The monster itself was several times the size of Lin Feng. The black and white-coloured beast jumped out of the water and headed straight to Lin Feng's fish that was still mid-air.

*Snap*

The jaws of the beast opened to reveal its dagger-like teeth and snapped them on the hooked fish. After that, the monster fish returned to the water with a splash sending gigantic waves towards Lin Feng's cloud. Luckily, the cloud was conscious and was able to avoid the giant waves.

"..."

"..."

As the events unfolded under Lin Feng's and the dog's eyes, they could only remain speechless and watch since none expected such.

"What the hell was that?" After the waves calmed down, Lin Feng finally exclaimed as he pulled back the empty hook.

"Luckily, this thing is strong," Lin Feng, after pulling back the line, examined it. Despite the monster's jaws of steel, it was unable to scratch the fishing line.

"Unexpectedly, there is such a big fish hidden in these calm waters," Lin Feng wasn't particularly surprised by the size of the monster fish. He had many times seen giant beasts in the forest surrounding the small mountain to be surprised by the fish. "Catching that should be my goal for now," Lin Feng was excited, though the monster stole his catch. Catching the monster would be enough to repay its debts.

Lin Feng prepared another bait and tossed it inside the water. Just like before, it wasn't long until the rod registered movement.

"Judging by this strength, it should be a smaller one," Lin Feng could feel the resistance given by the fish. It was the same as the last. "No matter," Lin Feng said as he pulled on the rod, "a fish is still a fish no matter the size."

With Lin Feng's pull, the silvery fish shot from the waters, but this time Lin Feng didn't watch the caught fish. "Is it going to come again?" Lin Feng wondered as he glued his eyes at the water surface.

The water bubbled, and the black and white monster emerged and gracefully revealed its enormous body for all to see.

"Don't think I will let you again," Lin Feng said as he yanked the rod harder, causing the speed of the caught fish to increase.

But just as Lin Feng relaxed, assured the monster could no longer get hold of his catch, the monster surprised him again. It nimbly turned its body and somehow headed towards the fish. Lin Feng was now in a situation where a huge shadowy figure blocked the sunlight.

Lin Feng turned his head to the incoming fish and stared at the razor-sharp teeth nonchalantly, though the situation was dangerous. Lin Feng was surprised by how calm he was. He didn't feel a shred of danger despite, to his knowledge, having no way to contend with the monster.

The dog, on the other hand, wasn't going to sit and watch the monster ruin his master's mood. If his master was to take action, then what was his use being there?

Just as the dog was about to take action, Lin Feng ordered the cloud to move out of the way, simple as that, and he avoided the monster fish, though the same couldn't be said about his catch. The monster had won again.

"This thing is irritating," Lin Feng was getting annoyed by the creature's disturbance. One time was okay, but twice was crossing the line, and the thing that bothered him the most was that the bait didn't seem to work on the monster.

***

Deep in the depths of the calm river resided a powerful beast that roamed the waters unhindered, many marine life forms that had the unfortunate fate of encountering the monster and good luck of escaping with only a few wounds thought it was the most bizarre creature they had seen, and it was true too.

The beast had a black and white body and dark and light eyes. The same could be said about its personality. When it was young, the monster would change between a horrible and the most lovable character. The other creatures avoided it as it was always undecided. As it grew older the monster's lovable personality faded until only the horrible side remained. 

The fact that the creature was powerful and would gladly eat anything that dared cross its path made more marine creatures fear it until no one stayed by its side.

The monster right now munched on something it had just caught a while ago.

"I didn't expect to be able to enjoy those slippery bastards finally," the monster munched some more. "And it was worth the wait." It finally swallowed. Of all the marine life, the beast had tasted all but one species. The species was blessed with a speed that even the beast couldn't hope to achieve, and thus it had never caught even a single one of them.

"What is that thing anyway?" The monster wondered as its gaze strayed to the surface. The beast found the 'thing' irresistible. A while ago, it had been on its daily business of terrorising the other marine creatures when the compelling hook descended from the heavens.

Unknown forces had compelled the monster to go and bite but the slippery fellows, fast as always. Managed to bite the hook before it. It was only then that the monster snapped out of its stupor and saw the chance before it.

Just as the creature was wondering what the 'thing' was, it descended again, and just like the first two times, the slippery fish rushed towards it.

The monster smirked inwardly, and it knew its meal was prepared. The monster's massive tail propelled it towards the fish at unimaginable speeds.

"Since you are here, don't even think about leaving!" As the monster jumped out of the water, a cold voice greeted it.

***

After the waves calmed down, Lin Feng went back to the river. But this time, he hatched up a plan to catch the notorious bandit.

Lin Feng fished out a spear and a long rope from his spatial ring that seemed to contain about everything. The spear and rope he had made a while back when he was bored, he firmly tied the rope to the spear's butt. After ensuring all was well, Lin Feng then threw the bait inside the water and waited.

Just like before, after the rod's disturbance, he pulled on it. But this time, he was armed with a spear tied to a long rope on his right hand.

The monster emerged as expected, "Hmph, since you are here, don't think about leaving," Lin Feng coldly said as he casually threw the spear

The monster watched as the spear's head shone brightly under the sun. Before it could react, it watched as the spear arrived at its open eye.

*Slosh*

The spear tore asunder the monster fish's tough defenses, silencing it for good.

"So the rope wasn't needed?" Lin Feng thought as he watched the spear push the monster across the river and unto the open lands.

Lin Feng's cloud gently flew towards the lifeless monster, "I should invite the girls to this meal." Lin Feng thought as he thought of ways to prepare the massive flesh.

Remember to favorite and rate it.

8