Chapter 6: Dr. Gius
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A day later inside the Fretz mansion, Benjamin currently stayed on his post, behind the front door that is, it had been five days since they let out the notice, being in the countryside they didn’t expect much from their attendees, in fact, over the last five days, there wasn’t even a single psychiatrist, let alone a doctor taking up the notice.

Lord William, haaah, Married life really takes over the body doesn’t it… Benjamin sighed, being a former assassin who tried taking William’s head, he gradually accepted that his former target became such a doting parent just by a few years.

He was a vicious knight that stopped several battalions during the battle of Lion’s Pass, the enemy was so desperate that they used penal battalions to fight for them, Benjamin was one of those penal soldiers, with the skills and background that of a former assassin, he was selected to assassinate William, only to fail miserably.

“Haaah… Life sure is fun…”

Benjamin imagined his youth as he stood by the doorway waiting for any possible doctors, although he was supposed to be the head butler of the mansion, that was supposed to be in-charge of overseeing the overall duties of the others, he sure took his time waiting on the door for a non-existent person, an official doctor.

As Benjamin was about to leave his post for his break, mostly eating crumpets and drinking coffee, he heard a knock from the other side of the door, Benjamin instinctively opened the door, due to him being the butler for the Fretz family for a total of 18 years already, his body memorized all the necessary movements he needed to do, if it had a trigger that is.

Being a man who almost followed William everyday and mostly opened doors for him or the door he guarded, Benjamin’s body already knew what to do, without his brain even ordering it.

As the door opened, Benjamin was greeted by a young guardsman from the mansion’s gates, he bowed his head towards Benjamin and informed him a man.

“Head Butler, I’m here to announce the Presence of a Doctor.”

“A Doctor? Really?”

“Yes, Head Butler.”

An awkward silence then ensued as both seemed to be oblivious on what that next task was, given that the guardsman informed Benjamin, the Head butler, it must’ve meant he kept their guest doctor waiting, which made Benjamin snap in realization.

“…What are you waiting for? Bring him in then!”

“Y-Yes Head butler!”

The guardsman soon ran away from the door and onto their dirt road which had several parked carts loaded with the Baronetcy’s goods, mostly agricultural goods, Benjamin sighed in relief, as even though he was a butler for 18 years, he still had some problems with tasks other than cleaning, guarding, and organizing.

But with a doctor finally taking up the notice, Benjamin ran to the staircase and immediately ran straight towards the Patriarch’s study, but immediately stopped right before the doorway, he was a butler and he also had to maintain his job’s dignity, along with respect towards his lord.

Benjamin then knocked on the door so as to alert his presence to his master, William Fretz, after knocking he immediately said his name to inform William that it was his trusted servant.

“Lord William, it is me, Benjamin.”

What occurred next was pure silence for a few minutes, before William responded, this confused Benjamin on the other side, as whenever he alerted William of his presence, he would immediately reply, adding to it being the William’s most trusted servant and former assassin.

“C-come in!”

Yet he responded to him quite late, which made Benjamin had suspicions.

“Then, sorry for intruding.”

Benjamin opened the door and was immediately greeted by a William who was reading several books relating mental health and overall psychology of a child, there were several books stacked from the ground up, with even teared pages on the ground.

The butler then looked towards William in a confused but also shocked manner towards William, who paid little to no attention towards Benjamin, William was still reading the pages of several books relating to mental health.

That was how much of a doting father he was, even sacrificing his sleep schedule just to have a grasp of his son’s problem.

“Lord William, I have some good news for you.”

Benjamin alerted William, this alert immediately made William lose focus on his books and shift it on his Butler, Benjamin, he then massaged his almost dead eyes as he was feeling tired from constant and tireless book cramming, then letting out a faint voice.

“Hahh, what is it…”

“We have a doctor!”

Hearing this, William’s tired state immediately disappeared with his eyes even opening wide by just the mere information, he stood up from his desk and rushed towards Benjamin, placing both of his hands on Benjamin’s shoulders

“Finally! You did a good job!”

William yelled as a compliment towards Benjamin who barely partook in the task, But I didn’t even do anything? Questioned Benjamin in his own mind, but soon after complimenting Benjamin, William rushed out of his study and towards the main room, to Greet the doctor.

“Uh… huh…”

Benjamin said in a shocked state, but given that he was a butler and servant, it was his job to clean up his master’s mess, so he stayed behind inside the Patriarch’s study.

William on the other hand rushed towards the doorway, to where he saw a young man, he wore a monocle on his left eye, on his head was a black top hat, under it was what seemed to be brown-colored hair, and he wore a black tailcoat, under it was a pure white waistcoat, and black trousers, the young men then held on his left arm a leather bag, probably containing his medical equipment.

As soon as the young doctor saw Baronet William, he immediately bowed and greeted him an a loud voice that rang aloud inside the whole mansion.

“Ah, Baronet! it is an honor of meeting you! My name is Gius Lor.”

“Gius Lor? Can I address you as Sir Gius.”

“Yes, address me as you may want it, I’m just here as a temporary doctor.”

“Wait, but can I see your diploma and doctor’s license?”

William asked, he very well knew how the medical system of the Empire worked, although he hadn’t seen it first hand, he knew very well from reading books and hearing rumors, that once a medical student graduates and receives their Ph.D or Doctorate, they must undergo a certification and license exam to be real, certified, and official doctors.

Although there were instances of forgery, it was quietly dealt with, because all that mattered was.

“Mana paper…" William said as he examined the Identification card that Gius gave him, before adding, "I see, you’re an official doctor Sir Gius, I’m very sorry for doubting you.”

“Hahaha, No worries, Baronet.”

Mana paper, it was an elven commodity that was stolen from them by the humans, its main ingredient was the tree of Drassil, a rare tree that can only be farmed at Mana-rich environments, making it the luxury of the rich, but then again, they were too rare and expensive that only government officials used them.

It was easy to differentiate Mana paper and normal paper for 1 reason, one had mana, and one did not, for those that could see and feel mana it was sign of officiality, and William being a knight, knew how to use magic and aura, making him knew full well what mana was.

And the Paper he just examined had many of it, to the point it was even overloading, that was mana paper.

Most non-mages or non-mana-sensitives cannot sense mana, and therefor if they did try forging a government license and work for a noble or rich merchant, they’d immediately get arrested for their crimes, since their preys had the wealth, they needed to hire experts, they also knew full well that what the government used wasn’t normal paper.

“Come this way, Sir Gius, please make yourself at home.”

“I’ll do so, baronet, thank you for allowing me to work for you.”

Gius bowed towards William who had respect towards him, William as a baronet, controlled 3 well-developed towns, he was well-known and was regarded as the most benevolent leader the locals ever had.

As William brought about an end to the bandit raids and famines that occasionally plagued the towns, but not only that, he was even benevolent and understanding enough to give surplus goods to the locals for them share equally, that was how benevolent he was to the people, and in return he was their most beloved leader.

“Ahahaha, Well thank you.”

William then left the entrance, but before leaving he signaled the maids to escort Sir Gius to the guest room, to which the maids immediately followed and escorted Gius to the guest room to where he waited patiently.

With William going towards the second floor, he then took a sharp turn towards the west wing, before being immediately greeted by two well-armored knights in front of Liam’s doorway at the end of the second floor’s hallway, those two well-armored knights were employed by William himself as a means to protect his son from any types of danger.

Being their employer, they allowed William to enter the room without any opposition, and there William saw his son staring endlessly at the sky through his window, he noticed a letter with a flower over it, indicating that Bernadette, Liam’s younger sister had already visited him.

As Liam noticed his father’s presence, he gave a fatigued smile towards him, although just before he was in a mentally unstable state that almost killed himself, yet now he acted as if nothing happened, William didn’t know how to react, whether to be anxious or relieved.

“Liam, we’ve finally received psychiatrist, he’ll be here in a few moments, we’ll try to help you, don’t worry, you aren’t alone, your family is here.”

William said to Liam who listened to him as he rested on his bed, William then gave him a smile before leaving the room.

…Funny, it’s been quite some time since I heard old man’s voice, but… 'you aren’t alone'… is that really true…

1