3: A Glimpse of Hellfire
1.1k 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The naked redhead that was masturbating just a second ago and was now bright red not only from horniness but also from embarrassment. She fumbled to cover her nakedness with the crumpled bedsheets and accidentally hit her bedside table, knocking over the nearly empty bottle of red wine that stood on the very edge of the table, next to an empty wine glass.

And as the redhead tried to cover herself, she emitted such a high pitch scream that it made the empty wine glass shake and tremble.

Still crouched, balancing on the narrow windowsill, Seto winced and tried to cover his ears with his hands out of pure reflex, trying to block out the piercing waves of the naked girl’s high pitch scream, but it had very limited effect.

The sound waves seemed to blast through his very body, and Seto saw the wine glass shatter into a thousand pieces. The young man couldn’t believe that such a cute young woman could be capable of emitting such dreadful, destructive sounds. He tried to come up with what to say to calm down the screeching banshee.

“E-erm, you look good enough to star in videos—!” Seto tried to outshout the redhead banshee. At first, Seto didn’t have any intention of making excuses nor handing out overcompensating complements—what was done was done. But with the situation exponentially worsening by the second, Seto had to try something, anything, before the situation got even more troublesome. But—of course—it could not have possibly worked. Seto’s own voice was obliterated by the redhead’s scream. There was a very good chance that the girl didn’t even hear him.

“Just because a guy saw you naked, doesn’t mean you can’t get married!” Seto shouted, trying out different strategies.

“GET OUT YOU PERV!!!” The redhead screamed, finally ceasing the high pitch bombardment. Instead—as her beautiful facial features contorted from embarrassment to fury—the girl thrust her right arm forward, the palm of her open hand facing Seto, and unleashed a massive fireball right at Seto, right there in her bedroom.

“Argh!?” Seto gasped in what seemed to be more than just surprise. Genuine terror swept across his face as blood retracted from it. 

Seto let go of his ears, finally coming to terms that there was no longer any chance of resolving this situation even remotely rationally. And as Seto watched the giant fireball rapidly approach his pale face while the bright light from the fire reflected in his dark blue eyes, a certain scene flashed in his mind, triggered by the approaching inferno. A recent event that changed the young man’s life forever and eventually led him to this moment, where he found himself about to be blown up for accidentally peeping on a masturbating redhead beauty.

“Fufufu~ How wonderful!” a warm, sultry, yet poisonous voice echoed through the destroyed shipyard. The hellish light from the surrounding burning oil illuminated a monstrous snake-like female form that slithered past countless bleeding, mutilated bodies. While the poisonous, pitch-black fumes separated the shipyard from the rest of the world.

“I might have fallen in love~”

Seto blinked his mind returned to reality just in time to see a scorching fireball mere inches from his nose.

“Tch, Meat Shield!” Seto screamed as he instantly leaped backward through the window, back where he came from. A small, circular, dark purple portal materialized at Seto’s chest, just outside the white shirt of his school uniform. And out of that portal, several tentacles rushed forward and formed a round shield made of entwined, circular tentacles. The shield took the fire blast head-on, the exploding fire wave spread out in all directions excluding the one that the Meat Shield was designed to protect.

Seto landed on the pavement without so much as a sprained ankle, despite jumping from the third floor while dodging an explosion. Seto remained crouched while broken glass and broken plastic frames fell around him. When the debris ceased falling, Seto looked up and saw the fifth-floor window utterly destroyed and the plastered walls scorched black around the blasted opening.

Hunters really are a different species, Seto thought as he looked at his hands that normally would've had at least second-degree burns if not for his new powers. To think that I’m still getting used to the vast difference in physical abilities compared to how I was before.

But Seto wasn’t the only one that had exceptional abilities. After all, he was on the grounds of Lotus Battle Academy. He’d have better luck at seducing the Academy’s student council president than finding a single person here who couldn’t put an Olympic champion to shame. And the girl that Seto ended up peeping on was no exception. Having gotten her hands on her school uniform, she appeared in the destroyed frame of her former window, looking down at the peeping young man, her luscious red hair dramatically blowing in the wind.

Special thanks for supporting my writing goes out to my S-ranked Patrons: Gawb1in and Chosen Juan!

7