4: The B-ranked Hunter
1.1k 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Apparently, the girl had no intention of letting Seto off with just a light scare. But to the girl’s surprise, Seto did not even attempt to run, despite the fact that he had at least eight seconds while she got dressed after she expelled the young man from her room.

Seto looked at the girl, studying her posture, how she clenched her fist. Neither of them moved from where they stood, both waited to see what action the other would take. The two found themselves in a dramatic standoff, separated by a three-story height.

Looks like, besides spewing fire and screeching like a banshee, this girl’s special abilities also include dressing up exceptionally quickly, Seto concluded, amazed that anyone could get themselves clothed so quickly under such circumstances.

Analyzing the girl’s black sailor skirt and her white shirt, noticed that the redhead even managed to button all but one button on her shirt. It might have even been done on purpose or on pure instinct—with a subconscious desire to leave some teasing cleavage. An unnecessary gesture, considering that Seto had already seen the goods on full display, along with the rest of the redhead’s spectacular, fit body.

Seeing that the peeping pervert apparently had no intentions to simply run off, the redhead leaped out of the building and landed gracefully some twenty feet from Seto and faced him with calm determination.

Seto found the girl’s sudden calmness far more menacing than her previous childish outbursts. The distance that the girl chose seemed less suited for a talk and far more suited as a battle position before a duel. And Seto was right.

“Did you stay around hoping to see more?” the redhead asked with nothing but contempt for Seto in her eyes. “Or have you realized that you have no chance of escaping a B-ranked hunter?”

B-rank? Seto’s eyes went a little wider as he realized that he saw not just any beauty masturbate, but an exceptionally deadly one. For an overwhelming majority of Hunters, achieving a C-rank in combat capabilities was the pinnacle of their career and the most they could ever hope for. And even that took decades of dedicated training and combat. 

For someone so young to already be graded B-rank by the System, Seto was genuinely impressed by the teenager's accomplishments. Even if they keep saying that Lotuss Battle Academy is one of the weakest in the country, it still manages to get its hands on prodigies like this, huh?

“No answer?” the girl asked.

“I was just wondering what’s the name of the beautiful Hunter that managed to achieve a B-rank at such a young age,” Seto said in a monotone voice. “Was that what you expected to hear after parading your ranking as if it had anything to do with the situation?”

“Are… Are you trying to make this even worse for yourself?” the girl asked, shocked by the young man’s snide remark instead of prostrating himself like he was supposed to.

“I just did not see how your rank—or anyone’s for that matter—has anything to do with the situation,” Seto shrugged. “Even if my sole reason for living was to climb windows and peep on female Hunters as they drink wine and pleasure themselves, isn’t attempted murder a bit of an overkill?”

“Seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me,” the redhead said and crossed her arms. “Peeping Toms are the scum of the Earth and should be wiped from existence. And… And I have no intention of letting any… Any perv that saw me masturbate live to tell the tale!”

“I’m pretty sure that murder is a big no-no in the Academy’s rulebook,” Seto pointed out. “Not to mention that all you’ve managed to do so far is destroy your own room.”

The girl looked at the scorched wall of the dormitory building with a big hole instead of a window where her room was.

“If only I cared!” the girl declared boastfully with a smile, completely unfazed by the damage she had done. It almost looked like she was proud of the damage she could do without even trying. “One of the perks of being a Ranked Hunter in the Academy—I’ll just get a new room instead of that one.”

“Ranked? But everyone has a rank by the time they enroll into the Academy.”

“You… You seriously don’t know? How is that even possible!? Even the first years have been here for two months already!”

“I’ve been accepted here just yesterday,” Seto explained.

“W-what?” the redhead stuttered but regained her composure. “It doesn’t matter. All the more reason to wipe you out of existence before you spread your depravity throughout the Academy!”

Special thanks for supporting my writing goes out to my S-ranked Patrons: Gawb1in and Chosen Juan!

10