Ch 2 – An Isekai World
283 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(...)

I laid beside a tree, a white curtain of warm light around me, enveloped in dream-like atmosphere.

(...!)

Somebody was calling me.

(Shi...!)

I couldn't do anything though, as I sat there listless. Couldn't move nor speak.

(..Shiro..!)

Stange, my heart was stinging, and I felt an overflow of sorrow mixed with happiness.

(Shiro!)

My eyelids slowly open. The glaring sunlight stung my eyes. Ow. I sat up as I rubbed my eyes. My body felt heavy, but it was a lot better compared to yesterday. I had fallen asleep the moment I finished the fish. 

(The fatigue must of hit me hard.)

With the hunger issue solved, I could now start thinking about where I was and how I had gotten here. I suddenly remembered about the orange flame that had appeared. I looked around, nowhere to be seen, and as usual, I was alone.

(Well first...)

As I imagined the shape of a fireball, I shouted, 

"Listen to my prayers and heed thy call, the flame that exists within of my soul, FIREBAL-!"

THUMP!

I immediately slam my head against the grass in embarrassment.

(What the fuck am I doing? Am I some 8th grade kid with chuuniyobu?)

Nevertheless, a fireball had actually appeared in front of me. It confirmed my suspicions of a different world. Afterall, there was no way that normal Earth had magic. My memories were still in a jumbled mess, but it seemed that former habits and common sense were still engraved in my mind.

...Still doesn't explain the AK47 beside me. Maybe I had brought it from former Earth, and that seemed like the best idea of why it was with me, but nevertheless, I focused back towards the fireball.

(Disappear.)

The fireball disappeared.

(Can I do it chantless?)

I imagined a big glowing fiery ball, and it appeared again. 

(Thank god, I would of definitely suffered from doing a chant.)

Currently the fire ball floated in front of me, but the heat was immensely weak, only as good as a fire from a stove cooker. 

As all normal humans would do on Earth, [Author: I think], I softly muttered, "Status."

A translucent board appeared in front of my eyes. I took a deep breath and sighed.

(Of course this happens...)

Now I was certain I was in another world. The clichéd status board sat in front of me, following my eyes.

============================

Name: [Shirō Shiratori]

Nationality: [Japanese]

Age: [17 Years Old]

Level: [5]

HP: [180/200]

MP: [45/50]

SP: [95/100]

Status: [Malourished] [Fatigue]

Skills: [Materialisation] 

============================

(Shirō... Shiratori...?)

Suddenly, a massive headache assaulted me, clawing into my head. I grabbed my head in pain. Why did it feel like I was missing something important? What did I forget? I stopped thinking as the headache was getting worse. What didn't make sense either was the fact that I was Japanese. In Japan, firearms were strictly prohibited, so how did I have an AK? And why did I know how to operate it? I had field stripped it out of habit and muscle memory, so the clues clearly didn't fit. I returned my gaze back to the status board, where in the corner of my eyes, I caught something.

(Materialisation? What's that?)

Another window popped in front of me as if it had answered my question.

[Materialisation: The ability to manipulate and create matter. Depending on the Materialisation, mana will be used accordingly.]

(...Isn't this kind of OP?)

As long as it was made of matter, I could essentially create anything in the world. There had to be some drawbacks, right?

(Wait. I have an idea.)

I stood up and closed my eyes. I started to imagine oxygen molecules pumped into a gas, filled with sparks of heat energy, like a small match, creating a combustion reaction, light and heat being produced with other chemicals such as water vapour and carbon dioxide being released.

(Huh...?)

I felt an extraordinary fiery heat next to my face. I opened my eyes. 

(Ohhhh shit...)

A scorching blue fireball was present, floating in front of me, it's sheer mass and heat radiating, with the size of a tree, and its heat with the power of the sun. Instantly, sweat started to pour out of my entire body. Without hesitation in a panic, I threw it towards an open barren field, about 500 meters away from my current position. 

As it hit the ground, the grass, dirt and soil immediately caught on fire, as it disintegrated, black soot being produced. The ground erupted, creating a massive crater as the fireball slammed into the earth, violent vibrations traveling through the crust. And last, the collosal amount of heat burned the entire area in a 400 metre radius, immediately taking the lives of any unlucky animals or monsters that may have resided in the area.

A massive migraine assaulted me as the fireball disappeared into the atmosphere. I fell to the ground, and my lungs started to hyperventilate, and my heart felt like it was being squashed. I screamed in pain. My entire body felt like it was set on fire. As I desperately tried to glance at my status bar, my eyes widened.

MP: [-100/50]

Status: [Malourished] [Mana Deficiency] [Drowsiness] 

(Negative MP? What the fuck?)

I grabbed my chest as I writhed in pain on the ground, gasping for air. 

(Shit. I feel like dying.)

(I don't want to die.)

Ha...ha...ha...

(I don't want to die.)

I desperately groaned and screamed.

(I don't want to-)

The light disappeared, and I laid lifeless, as I fainted under the glaring sun.

 

 

11