Ch 5 – Fear
214 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Relished, I laid on the ground. A burp escaped my stomach, as I threw the stick away.

(I'm thirsty.)

MP: [15/50]

Creating a ball of water, the size of a basketball, used up 1 MP point only. My dry throat quickly moistened, and a cold liquid delight entered my body. 

Rubbing my lips, I mutter,

"Status."

============================

Name: [Shirō Shiratori]

Nationality: [Japanese]

Age: [17 Years Old]

Level: [5]

HP: [180/200]

MP: [14/50]

SP: [100/100]

Status: [Fatigue]

Skills: [Materialisation] [Ruler's Hand]

Title: [The One That Trains While Sleeping: The Weird Maniac]

============================

(A new skill?)

The status board quickly opened and responded.

[Ruler's Hand: a mass of shapeless mana, which allows the manipulation of objects. Does not require any MP.]

Intrigued, I stared at my knife. 

(Weird. I can't see it, but rather feel it.)

The shapeless mana wrapped around the knife, as the blade floated in the air. It felt like an extension of my own arm, something second nature to me. It didn't feel awkward to use. I twirled the blade, moving up, down, left and right. It was precise with clean movement, compared to the previous attempt using [Materialisation]; The blade felt uncontrolled, where it shook and wobbled in the air. However, I realised that I struggled trying to pick the AK47 up. Mental strain assaulted my mind, forcing me to stop. I massaged my forehead, as the AK fell back onto the ground.

The new skill, [Ruler's Hand] derived from the original skill, [Materialisation]. It was evident that new skills could be made just by experimenting with original skills; it could be branched off into other unique skills.

Another thing I noticed was the non present status of 'Strength,' 'Agility,' or any type of physical characteristic. 

Evaluating myself using the reflection of the water, my body was slim, with minimal muscles. My stamina and speed was average, but I stood at a somewhat solid 175 cm height. My face... I don't know. I had black medium-sized hair, my bangs were shifted to the side, and it was slightly curled but smooth. I also had black eyes, and my face was average looking. 

(Damn, I look pretty dumb don't I-)

BOOM!

Flinching, I turned my head to the sudden vibration of the earth. My eyes widened, and beads of sweat fell onto the floor as I froze. 

A menacing creature stood in front of me, about 20 meters in the forest. Its size stood around 240 cm, and its body was large and muscular. Its face had a flat nose, its bloodshot eyes glared at mine, and its bottom crooked teeth peeked over its lips. In its right hand, a chipped gargantuan bloody cleaver was gripped. The ears were small and slightly slanted and long. It wore small silver metal rings on its earlobe and its nose. Its skin was rough and pale, and an unbearable stench attacked my nostrils. I instinctually flinched a second time, snapping me out of my trance.

As it glared at me, every instinct in my body was telling me to RUN. As I snatched my AK47 and survival knife, the creature charged towards me, almost appearing instantly in front. It traveled a terrifying 60 km/h speed, as it swung its cleaver downwards. I rolled to the side the last second, but the air pressure as it cleaved into the ground slammed me 10 meters into a tree. My back ached in pain, as I coughed out blood and groaned. 

It slowly walked towards me, as I tried to raise myself off the ground. My muscles were giving, shaking, but I grabbed my AK and aimed at its head. Panic was overflowing, fear was assaulting me, and adrenaline pumped through my veins. I couldn't stop shaking.
I knew that there was no chance of escape. I couldn't outrun it anyways.

As like it was mocking me, it strolled slowly, like I wasn't even a threat to be wary of.
I mean how could it not? My breathing was irregular, inefficient, and my heart rate was pumping like Usain Bolt, making me unable to aim. My gun shook, in tangent with my whole body shaking. It knew fear was overtaking my mind. I squeezed the trigger. 

BANG!

The bullet whizzed past the creature's head. The recoil struck my shoulder, as the gun flew up. It continued to walk. Slowly, one by one, its feet stomping into the ground. My heart rate picking up each time it inched closer to me. I pulled the trigger once again.

BANG!

This time, it sliced into its chest. My heart went cold. It didn't even flinch. The bullet was lodged into its chest, and it ignored like it was nothing. I pulled the trigger once again.

BANG!

This time it wedged into its stomach. Yet again, it didn't even flinch. My aim was getting worse every second. The bullets were stuck on the surface, only about 2 cm deep. Panic surfaced onto my face.

(Shit!)

My mind was in a turmoil, fear twisting inside of me, sweat and blood mixed. I wasn't ready for a fight. Even more so, if it was against something that could withstand an AK47. It swung its cleaver downwards, once again, as I twisted my body, ready for the air impact. 

I slammed to the side, and rolled 5 times, the rocks and dirt cutting into my skin. My whole body ached, and bruises appeared. My gut was telling me if I threw my knife at it right now, I would not be able to get it back, even if I accelerated it with [Materialisation]. Its body was too heavy to move with [Ruler's Hand], and my AK47 was useless. I aimed one last time and pulled the trigger.

BANG!

My blood drained from my face. The bullet lodged into its head. 

It didn't flinch.

(.....)

It grinned. It lunged at me. Its fist was high in the air, and my body was screaming to dodge. I twisted my body once again. However, this time I was not so lucky. It pummeled into my shoulder. My vision went dark. I wanted to scream, but no voice came out. Almost as the pain had come, my thoughts came to a stop. Suddenly, memories erupted into my mind. 

============================

Name: [Shirō Shiratori]

Nationality: [Japanese]

Age: [17 Years Old]

Level: [5]

HP: [25/200]

MP: [14/50]

SP: [15/100]

Status: [Fatigue] [Dislocated Shoulder] [Fear]

Skills: [Materialisation] [Ruler's Hand]

Title: [The One That Trains While Sleeping: The Weird Maniac]

============================

 

 

7