Ch 6 – Memories (1) ~ Disillusioned with Isekai Worlds
257 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An unfamiliar place filled my sight. My classmates and I were on top of a soft red mat, mixed with hints of yellow. Pillars extended from the floor to the roof, made of white brick and sculptured into perfection. The sunlight basked us in warmth as it entered through the glass windows near the roof. In front of us, laid an old man on top of a gold throne, with small stairs that lead downwards to us. He housed a white beard, as well as short white hair, combed backwards. His gaze was sharp, and he sat upright with open legs, as if to show he owned the place. And last, he wore a grand crown on his head.

The king. 

Around him, knights stood with their metal longswords beside their waists, and beside the king, laid a young woman that was in her 20s. Her face was lovely and charming, with a small nose and mouth, her blue eyes wide, and her long blonde hair travelled all the way to her waist. 

My classmates were bewildered and started murmuring amongst themselves. I calmly analysed my surroundings. 

(From the looks of it, as much as I hate to say it, this is probably another world.) 

One moment we were in our classroom, and the next was in this palace. As most people would think, such things were impossible, and just a fragment of fiction. But here we were, in front of a king and his retainers. The woman next to him was probably his daughter, but it also could of been his wife, which I like to think not. I hoped this was just a dream; I didn't want to fight demons and monsters on the behalf of them. Why you may ask?

Cause you shouldn't shove your own shitty matters onto innocent non-related people, that's why.

His voice boomed through the palace.

"Heroes! (We aren't heroes.) Please, will you save our kingdom? (No shithead.) I beg of you, our people are starting to suffer and the demons are advancing closer to our kingdom. (Yeah, cause your dumbass can't wipe your own shit.)"

My classmates' eyes widened, as they started to get giddy. I mean, this was an isekai world, so how could they not? But I didn't care. I had my own thoughts on the matter. One of my classmates stood up at the front. He had brown curly hair, his bangs travelling down his nose and the sides of his forehead. He had brown eyes that were soft and determined. His height stood at 183 cm, and his body was well built; Tooru Yoshioka was the classic example of an ikemen, a person that stood on top of the class caste. He stuck his head high, and replied to the King.

"Of course, we will be willing to help, but first may I ask that you explain the circumstances plea-"

"Let me ask you one thing before my classmate here agrees to you, please oh great king."

I interrupted Yoshioka. The king gazed at me. He motioned me as to allow me to speak.

"Can you send us back to our original world?"

With a troubled expression, he shook his head. Irritation started to boil in my blood.

"...Are you kidding me?"

Yoshioka replies with a wry smile,
"Well, calm down Shiratori-kun, can't we just listen to them firs-?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"..."

The whole palace goes quiet. Everyone around me gazes at me, with an indescribable expression. I spoke once again. I looked around at my classmates.

(This is why I hate isekai worlds.)

"You guys laugh about it, expressing your excitement for its magic, swords and fights in another world, wishing for such an event to happen in your own colourless, unchanging life. You say you would learn magic, and fight against monsters for the sake of a kingdom."

"The thing is though, that is pure and utter bullshit."

"...?"

Everybody looks at me like I'm crazy. But I didn't care.

"Would you actually risk your life for the sake of others that you have no relation with? Are you actually caring and kind, just like the protagonists in those fake light novels, manga and anime? Do you think your OP skills will one handedly kill every enemy that you encounter just like those novels?"

"Bullshit."

"Sure, they may have healing magic to help you recover your injuries, but the pain of losing an arm, a leg, or your eyes is not to be messed around with. Are you actually telling me that you can actually live through that pain, trying to fight against monsters that could take your life at any moment, or dismember your body? Are you saying you won't immediately fall to the ground in fear? You may have OP skills and a confident demeanor, but guess what?"

"When the time comes when everyone's life is in danger, at that current moment of your life, you'll regret everything."

"You'll regret trying to save a person, regret promising white lies to save their kingdom, regret trying to kill the Demon Lord for them, regret lying to yourself and disillusioning yourself that each day of improving your magic and skills will help you survive the next day and kill the monsters."

"But you know what, you shitty King?"

"Eat my shit, dumbass."

I flipped my middle finger at the king, as I turned around and walked past through the large gaping doors.

"You guys can be oh-so-kind "protagonists" and save their kingdom, but I ain't giving you shit. Time to wake up. We're normal highschool students, not some protagonists out of a light novel. This is reality."

My classmates just watched me walk out with hints of anger, frustration, bewilderment, but I honestly couldn't care less.

8