Ch 7 – Memories (2) ~ I don’t have any skills, but so what?
220 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sighing, I trudged along the white hallways. Wooden doors to the left, with more pillars and windows to my right, the sunlight shining through. None of my classmates ran to stop me. A male knight however did as he stood in front of me, clearly agitated. He glared at me through the helm of his helmet. He raised his sword to my throat, as he growled,

"Oi, what was with your filthy language with the king?"

"...A language that anybody with rational thinking would have with a crazy bastard that has no right to ask favours from unrelated people. Isn't that obvious?"

"...! You fucking bastar-"

"Then let me ask you right now. Do you have a right to apprehend me when you guys selfishly summoned us to to this world, without any forms of transport back to my original world?"

"...That-"

"You basically ruined our lives. I can't see my caring parents anymore. Can't see my lovely cute cat anymore. And what's more, my childhood friend was summoned without her permission and has to go through shit for you guys. Knowing her personality, I know she's going to help you. She's just that type of person. Yet this would have never happened if you didn't summon us in the first place. You ripped us from our own lives and you're over here selfishly asking if we can help you? If that isn't shameful enough, then what is?"

"..."

His mouth shut tight, as his lips pursed in anger. He knew I was right. 

"If you even have a shred of shame left inside of you, can you at least give me a decent place to live with food and water?"

"...Yes, we can."

"Thanks."

"...Follow me."

This time however, some of my classmates, including Yoshioka and my childhood friend scampered behind me. 

"Wait Shiratori-kun! Can't you at least listen to their side of the story?"

"Yeah! At least listen to them!"

"Come on, are you a loser or something?"

"Don't be a coward!"

My childhood friend stayed silent, gazing at me softly.

I furrowed my eyebrow. Irritation once again boiled in my blood.

"Can you please shut up?"

"...!"

"Did you not hear my argument just a minute ago? Are you absolutely retarded? I don't want to deal with their shit and I'm not going to wipe their asses for them."

"But-"

"Like I said, you can follow the king if you want, you can learn magic if you want, you can save their kingdom if you want, I don't care. You have the right to choose whether to help them or not. But I'm not helping them."

"Come on man-"

"Just like I said to this very honorable knight, their sense of shame is almost non-existent. I have no plans to help people that forcefully drags random unrelated people to wipe their asses. Even if the king had a reward at the end for us, it still doesn't change the fact that they one-sidedly forced us to help them."

One of the male classmates shouted and pointed at me with disdain.

"You're just a coward!"

"Why are you so adamant on me helping this kingdom? All you have to do is just ignore me. There is no need for every single person in our classroom to help them. Just one guy who doesn't want to help will change the outcome of a fight. If you get that then leave me alone."

"..."

"You do realise before we even got summoned, that we weren't even friends in the first place? None of you guys are my friends. I've never interacted with you guys, and I never will. You guys are just my classmates. Just people in the same classroom as me. And that's it."

I drew a clear line between me and them. I had no intentions of getting along with people that were braindead, trying to force me into something I didn't want to do. I glanced at my childhood friend's eyes. Her clear jade eyes stared back at mine. I averted my eyes as I sighed.

I couldn't just leave her. She was strong-willed, but she always put others' safety in front of herself. It was a good yet bad trait of hers. I grumbled in my mind. 

(...Guess I'll at least try and protect her if she goes too far.)

"...I'll at least learn magic to protect myself. May I?"

I glanced at the knight with a wry smile.

Frowning, the knight nodded his head. He knew that was the least he could do.

"Thank you."

 Tsk!

I wasn't sure if it was Yoshioka that had clicked his tongue.

(What a surprise. Looks like even this ikemen can have an annoyed side.)

My classmates returned back to the throne room, leaving me and my childhood alone, as well as the knight next to me.

She was still gazing at my face. 

I gave her a wry smile.

"Stay safe yeah?"

"...Yeah I will."

This time she averted her own eyes and turned around to the throne room. I watched as she slowly walked out of my sight, her wavy, lush snowy hair flowing through the air. 

(Still as beautiful and elegant as the first time I met her, huh...?)

I scratched the back of my head as I turned to back to the knight.

.....

I laid on the soft bed and as I stared at the white roof. My room contained a bedroom, a toilet, and a shower. It reminded me of a prison cell, but it didn't bother me. The smell was normal, and a small table stood next to the bed. The only thing that bothered me was the lack of a bathtub.

(No more baths huh...)

Extremely exhausted, the light traveled through the window which covered my stomach, as I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. 

.....

.....

.....

I woke up from my nap, as I rubbed my eyes. I yawned as I got off my bed. A knock came from my door. 

"Hello? Shiratori-sama? I'm here to help you practice your magic just like you've asked me to."

It was the same male knight a few hours ago. His name was Cero Fose.

"Yeah, I'm coming."

He led me to a training barracks of some sort. It was an open field of land, with dirt as the ground, with what was presumably training dummies. It reminded me of those Chinese wooden dummies back on Earth.

All my classmates were present, clearly having mixed emotions of me being at the training barracks. Some, with scorn, and others, with surprise. 

"Well first, can you please say [Status]?"

(Status exists?)

Complying I muttered, "Status."

The Status Board appeared in front of my eyes.

============================

Name: [Shirō Shiratori]

Nationality: [Japanese]

Age: [17 Years Old]

Level: [1]

HP: [120/120]

MP: [10/10]

SP: [60/60]

Status: [None]

Skills: [None]

Titles: [None]

============================

"May I ask for your Status?"

I complied, as I began from top to bottom. However, as I got to the skills, everybody stopped what they were doing and gazed intensely at me.

"Skills: [None]"

Everybody's eyes widened.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

While shaking his head regretfully, he answered with a sombre tone.

"I'm sorry, but you're the only person with no skills."

"...Nice."

Snickering started to erupt from some of my classmates, and some others stayed silent as they looked at me as if I was a foreign substance. 

"The reason why having no skills is bad, is because that's the only thing allowing you to fight against monsters. There's no [Strength] or [Agility] type levels that could increase with leveling up. In other words, you're no match for them."

"..."

I didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable. I just stood there as I pondered about alternative routes.

Murmuring started to explode throughout my classmates, with mockery, and obvious scorn.

"Lol, did you hear that?"

"Imagine having no skills..."

"Isn't he just trash then?"

"Even I got at least 3 skills..."

"Why is his MP so low? Everyone's MP is around 250..."

Such whispering appeared throughout their conversations. 

I opened my mouth calmly,

"Hey, even without skills, is it possible to kill a monster?"

Troubled, Cero answered my question.

"While it is possible to kill a monster without any skills, it's extremely hard, since their physical abilities are at least 20x fold stronger than the average human. They also have their own skills that are on par with super humans."

"...Right. Then what if I trained my body and learned swordsmanship?"

"...Then, yes your chances of killing them will increase quite dramatically, if not by 20% or better."

"Alright, what are we waiting for?"

Cero widened his eyes with shock. 

"Oi, are you retarded?"

I turned to the scornful, sarcastic voice. It was the same male classmate that called me out as a [Coward] a few hours ago. He had blonde hair, which was tied in a man bun, with a sharp gaze and clearly irritated expression. His name was...

...I don't know.

"Did you not hear the instructor just then? If you don't have any [Skills] then you're practically useless; you're absolute trash."

Sighing, I ignored him as I turned back to Cero. I just wanted to train already, since I was way behind everybody else.

For some reason he looked at me with captivation. 

"Um, hello?"

"...! Sorry, it's nothing. Since you don't have any skills, I'll separately teach you from your other friends over there."

(They're not my friends though.)

"Sure."

As quickly as it had came, the male classmate exploded at me.

"...ARE YOU IGNORING ME RIGHT NOW!?"

"...My head hurts."

He didn't hear my muttering as he stomped towards me. He grabbed my collar as he scowled at me. 

The snickering from my classmates continued. And soon, some of them started jeering.

"Yo Kenji, beat his ass!"

"Show this trash what he really is!!!"

"Fuck him up!"

(Why though...? If this isn't a bruh moment I don't know what is.)

Without any sense of panic, I apathetically stared at Kenji.

"...This fucking bastard..."

"...!" Cero tried to move in front to break up the fight, but it was too late.

As he lifted his other fist in the air, in one successful motion, I grabbed the back of his head with my left, pulled it towards me, and pushed my right leg off the ground with power, as my knee pummeled into his liver. His body hunched over and stumbled backwards, as blood and saliva flew out of his mouth, with a groan. He released my collar in pain, as I gave him one last present. Twisting my left leg and body to the right, I showed my back to Kenji as I lifted my right leg. Using the twist of my leg, my core and my upper body, I generated power and drove through with my right leg into his forehead, as his head snapped upwards and his body flew back two meters onto the ground, as he fell on his back. 

The classmates that jeered fell silent, as the blood from their faces drained. Everybody fell silent.

"...What I don't understand is why you tried to attack me when you haven't practiced your so called [Skills]."

"...Ironic huh, who's the trash person now?"

Kenji couldn't hear me though, as he fainted on the ground. Without any emotions, I grabbed the astonished knight by his shoulder and dragged him along with me. 

5