Ch 10 – Anger and Sorrow
170 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"..."

The memories came to a stop. I could feel the slapping wind as I flew through the air. 

I unlocked my eyes, as I planted my right hand into the dirt, propelling my whole upper body off the floor as I landed on my feet. 

The creature stared at me, its eyes widened. 

My left shoulder was aching in anguish, presumably dislocated. However, my senses felt clear, just like that time. My instincts were screaming and anger boiled in my blood.

It grinned as it once again charged with its cleaver up in the sky.

As it drove the cleaver towards my forehead, I twisted my hilt into a reverse icepick position, and shifted my body to the left. The knife contacted the cleaver, as I shot forward towards its wrist, the blade screeching as sparks of metal flew pass my face.

[...How many times do I have to tell you to redirect it dumbass...]

The cleaver slammed into the floor, but now I was next to the creatures hand.

[...If he slashes at you, slash his wrist...]

Thrusting my knife through his carpus, I tore open his hand, blood gushing and coating my knife, as the creature howled in pain and its cleaver collapsed onto the ground.

I dashed towards his upper body, but the creature raised its other fist, ready for an attack. As it threw its left fist at me, I twisted my body to the side, as I plunged the blade into its forearm, following up his arm to its shoulder. A line of blood was drawn as it shrieked, his arm shaking in the process. I lost my balance, but with a last push off its arm, I activated [Ruler's Hand] and yanked myself towards its neck.

If [Ruler's Hand] couldn't move heavy objects, then I could just move my own body using the object as leverage.

As I wrapped my legs around its neck on the back, I slammed the blade into its right eye, blood bursting out into the air as it screamed.

[...Aim at their vitals motherfucker...]

"ROOOOAAA-"

"...Shut the fuck up already you absolute revolting piece of shit."

Prying the blade out of its eye, I slammed the knife into its throat from the side, as its voice immediately came to a halt, but I wasn't done.

Changing into a filipino grip, I coated my knife in fire using [Materialisation], as I twisted the hilt forwards and ripped out to front, its head exploding in blue flames as blood rained from the sky.

I swiveled my AK-47 back into my hands, jammed its muzzle into its open throat, switched to [Full Auto] and pulled the trigger.

BANG- BANG- BANG!!!

A three round burst exploded out the other side of its throat, and its body toppled back onto the ground with a loud thud.

"...Hah...hah...hah..."

I breathed heavily as I fell to the floor, gasping for air. Its body laid lifelessly, and the excruciating pain began.

(Fuck- I went into the negatives!)

[MP: 14/50 ---> -25/50]

It only lasted for a second though; As I braced for the agony, a sudden screeching sound erupted into my mind.

[LEVEL UP!]

(What?)

The burning pain ceased. I glanced back at my status board. My eyes widened.

============================

Name: [Shirō Shiratori]

Nationality: [Japanese]

Age: [17 Years Old]

Level: [5] ---> [20]

HP: [25/200] --->[500/500]

MP: [-25/50] ---> [200/200]

SP: [15/100] ---> [250/250]

Status: [Fatigue] [Dislocated Shoulder] [Fear]

Skills: [Materialisation] [Ruler's Hand]

Title: [The One That Trains While Sleeping: The Weird Maniac] [Major Bloody Orc Killer]

============================

(I leveled up?)

(Wait, all of my status has increased and gone back to max!)

[New Title: Major Bloody Orc Killer.]

(I got a new title? I wonder what the Major in front of the name means...)

Another status board appeared in front of my eyes.

==================================

[Major: A ranking used to measure Monster Danger Levels.
The Ranks are as concluded:

Lesser - F - [A normal human being can kill it.]
Normal - E - [Requires to have some knowledge of fighting to kill it.]
Great - D - [Requires to have large knowledge of fighting to kill it.]
Greater - C - [Requires at least one skill to kill it.]
Major - B - [Requires at least five skills and knowledge fighting to kill. Recommended to avoid. Can destroy a whole town.]
General - A - [Requires at least 10 skills and immense understanding of fighting to kill. Strongly recommended to avoid. Can destroy a whole city.]
Commander - S - [Requires many skills and insane knowledge of fighting to kill. Extremely recommended to avoid. Can destroy a whole continent.]
Ancient - SSS - [Run.]

==================================

My eyes drifted along but it eventually came to a stop as it glued to a part of the status board.

(...What do you mean [Run]...)

(Now that I think about it, I don't even know how I even killed a Major Class Monster...)

Gazing back at the status board, I pondered about how the level up system works.

"Status, how does my base abilities increase?"

[Base Abilities:
10 MP gained each level up.
20 HP gained each level up.
10 SP gained each level up.]

However, I suddenly remembered  a person's gruffy voice when I was fighting.

"...Cero Fose."

His name made me feel sorrowful. I felt gloomy, and sad emotions mixed in my heart. I didn't know why. It was a nostalgic name, but I felt frustrated for some reason.

Why?

9