Ch 12 – Investigating
130 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Author's Note: ...I died yesterday.}

===========================

(...Me and my shitty patheticness...)

While drowning in self deprivation, I thought about how shaky I had become when I shot the AK47 at the orc. I had lost my cool, lost the ability to hold the gun properly, lost the ability to use the AK47; The recoil of the AK47 shocked me. I needed to learn how to use it. Learn how to get comfortable with it. Swiveling the AK47 into my hands, I pondered. 

(Always ask questions, make theoretical guesses based of them, and always try and prove them. If more questions appear from these answers, then continue to investigate. The fundamental laws of investigating.)

So, how do I control the AK-47? How do I reduce the recoil? How do I get to the point when my speed and precision is on point?

Answer: 

1. Stock placement: Firmly and full contact on my shoulder/chest.
2. Stance: Always keep one leg behind to avoid falling backwards when shooting the AK47.
3. Using your support hand, drive it into your shoulder: My shoulder should be in line with the bolt carrier; A single file line from the muzzle of the AK, to the bolt carrier, to the shoulder. This is best way to mitigate recoil. 

After messing with different grips on the AK47, I decided with a C-clamp grip, with some modifications; Instead of fully extending my left arm, I decided to give it some bend, which in my opinion felt the best with mitigating recoil, as I could easily drive the stock of the gun into my shoulder.

Now to answer how to get my speed and precision on point, all I have to, is practice.

Practice, practice and practice. That's all it is. That's all it comes down to. Familiarity with the gun. How much strength do I have to use to fully trigger the hammer?  What is the most efficient way to reload? Is it to bump the magazine off using another magazine? 

While thinking of all these things, I got another idea. This was only possible in this shitty isekai world. I had [Ruler's Hand], that allowed me to basically use telekinesis. If that's the case, couldn't I basically catch the magazine and shove it into my pocket using it? I essentially had a third hand; I could just focus on getting the magazine off the AK47 and putting a new one in, while leaving my "third hand" to catch the ejected magazine. 

(...I like how I think sometimes.)

(It's probably going to look weird though from the outsider's point of view though lmao.)

At first, it was extremely difficult. Multitasking with [Ruler's Hand] was something I never got used to. I would often miss the ejected magazine. I would put too much power, or too less of power, and it would result in launching the magazine into the air, or sometimes the magazine would just fall to the floor. I repeated this for approximately 75 tries, until I eventually managed to "catch" it. Now I had to focus on placing it into my pocket; I couldn't just lose a valuable magazine after all; I just needed to use my pocket like a dump pouch. This time, it took me approximately 100 tries. However, I was happy with results; I could now comfortably control the AK47, as well as being able to reload with record time. My aptitude with [Ruler's Hand] also increased. 

During this time, my MP had also recovered a bit. But something was amiss. My MP had increased faster than before, if not still slow. 

[MP: 101/200 ---> 123/200]

I had been practicing for about 2 hours, so originally, it would have given me [1 MP] every 6 minutes; That means I should of only received 20 MP, instead of 22 MP. However, I did recieve 22 MP. 

Confused, I asked status.

[Every LVL-UP, MP recharge time will be reduced by 2 seconds. Currently, 1 MP will be recharged every 5 minutes and 30 seconds.]

"...2 seconds? Are you fucking kidding me? You know how slow that is? Status, come on bro wtf?"

 [...Not my problem.]

"What!?"

Status replied to me in an uninterested tone. Wait, tone? 

I'm going crazy.

As I shook my head, one more thing that popped in my mind was the ability to increase my speed using [Materialisation] and [Ruler's Hand]. I obviously could launch myself with Ruler's Hand using a heavy object as leverage, just like with the fight with the Orc. However, if I could accelerate my knife using [Materialisation], theoretically I could accelerate myself as well, using the air around me. I just needed to coat my feet with wind, and then instantly increase my speed. I got to work immediately. I failed miserably the first few tries. I slammed into trees, and sometimes I would fly upwards and fall to the ground. And sometimes, even though I tried to go forward, the wind just threw me sideways in the opposite direction. Ow.

While doing this, I created a new method to get to the floating island; by using wind magic to fly myself upwards. But currently, my [Materialisation] was simply just too unreliable at this point; I still needed to practice the control over it. 

Sighing, I looked back to the river. I needed as much food as I could. I wanted to find a town at least. If so, I needed as much supplies as I could muster. And if possible, to earn some money once I get to the town.

I took my knife out of its sheath, and aimed at the family of fish swimming in the river. As I threw it, I accelerated it once again using [Materialisation], taking them out with one go. I could of dragged the fish out with [Materialisation] itself, but I wanted to practice manipulating the wind with [Materialisation] as much as possible. 

I created a plastic cooler box, filled it with ice and stuck the fish into it. I slung the cooler box over my shoulder, grabbed my knife, and proceeded to find a road. 

[MP: 123/200 ---> 103/200]

Coating my right foot with wind, I pushed myself off the ground and into the tree branch. I continued to climb, until I reached to the top. My eyes widened with fascination. The dazzling orange sun shimmered in the warm orange sky; It felt something out of a picture, something unreal. I stood there for a minute, until snapping back to reality. In the corner of my eyes, I spotted an unpaved concrete road to my right. I immediately made my way towards it, as the soft wind fluttered in front of my body.

7