Ch 16 – This isn’t a dinner date right…?
128 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...No mOre...I cAn'T dRin-*hic*-no more..."

"Hah...I told you to stop drinking..."

I shook my head disapprovingly as I lent Ern my shoulder. It was around 6:30 pm already, about 15 minutes from now till dinner with Adria. As we stumbled across the Guild's wooden floor, I navigated pass all the drunken men that laid on the floor, unconscious. As I crashed out the door with Ern's arm wrapped around my neck, I located a drain to our right, and dragged Ern towards it.

"Urlp...ughh...Oh sHit...I thInk iT's ComIng..."

"Oi- Don't you dare do it right now I swear to go-"

With no other choice, I dashed towards the drain, as I pushed Ern towards it. Then, Ern, quite literally, let it ripped.

"..B- BLARRRGGHHHHH!!!"

"Oh fuck dude, that's gross!"

The incomprehensible liquid of all sorts of unknown objects erupted from Ern's mouth as I averted my eyes in disgust. I patted Ern on the back, hoping it would make him feel better. I sighed.

"Bro, I told you not to drink that stupid 96% spiritus! Look where we are now!"

"Blarg...Ugh....I...had...to..."

"NO! You didn't have to listen to those drunken idiots!"

"...Well...it was....a celebration...and...I'm...a god damn man..."

"...You're a god damn dumbass, that's what you are."

Finally, Ern stopped puking, as I dragged him back to the Guild, and plopped him into one of the open seats. 

"Sorry Ern, I gotta dip. Made a promise to Adria."

"...Huh...? W- wait! You fucking bastard...!"

Smiling, I gave a piece sign and walked out the door, as Ern seemingly sobered up instantly, alas, still with a red face.

"Receptionist! Look after him will you?"

"Of course. Also, my name is not 'receptionist', it's Ariel Breckinridge! Remember it already!"

"Yeah, yeah let's hope I remember it..."

As I waved goodbye to her, Ern persisted to crawl on the ground, cursing and shouting all sorts of threats and what not, but I simply ignored him. I could always duel him anyways.

Standing outside the Guild door, my eyes met with her golden sparkling eyes, as her seemingly fluffly hair fluttered in the late afternoon cold wind. She wasn't wearing any makeup, instead, she wore an off-shoulder white thin dress that complemented her stunning golden hair, which was tied with a tiny ponytail that fell behind her back, with a braid that laid in front of her left shoulder. On her neck, was a white velvet choker, made of fabric which further enhanced her mature beauty. I immediately averted my eyes on reflex. 

(...Isn't that too stimulating...?)

While my inner thoughts were in turmoil, I voiced my honest opinions.

"Adria, you look.....very mature and alluring."

I had never really complemented a girl's clothes before, so I wasn't sure if my choice of words were correct. Luckily, Adria gave me a devilish grin, before slapping me in the back.

"Oh god, you're too innocent...Say, can I take you home?"

I felt my face burning in embarrassment, as I scratched my cheeks.

"...Shut up. And no, you can't. I would like to live for another day."

"Buu~ Stingy~"

(...Is she always like this?)

Her childish playful side completely threw off my initial impression as a mature young lady. I had only met her for a day, and I could tell that she absolutely enjoyed teasing people for fun.

The sun was setting, and the luminescent orange lights flicked on as we walked along the concrete streets.

As we silently walked beside each other, I drifted into my thoughts.

By no means did I think that this was a date, as I had only met her for one day. I didn't really think too much of it, and assumed that this was just Adria's style of thanking people. Due to this, I thought of Adria as a very kind, yet childish person, and I could see why she was very popular among the Guild members.

My train of thought was interrupted, when I felt something poking the side of my abs. I flinched, as I turned my head towards Adria. 

"...Why are you poking me?"

"Cause I feel like it?"

"No, are you always this close with other people? Because I'm pretty sure that most people don't poke people that they just met for a day."

"Maybe...?"

"What?"

She grinned mischievously as she pointed towards a store front.

"We're here! Diska's Diner!"

It was a pretty well built establishment. The lights were bright, the place was bustling with people, and the nice aroma of food wafted throughout the building, stimulating my appetite. As we sat down, a waitress soon came, and asked for our orders. The waitress eyed me suspiciously, as she talked with Adria. It seemed like they were friends, as they were giggling while glancing back at me, which made me feel awkward. 

"I'd like a beef risotto please."

"I'll have the spaghetti bolognaise! Thank you!"

After Adria waved goodbye to the waitress, she laid her head on her palm, which was on the table, as she stared intently at my eyes. Perplexed, I asked her,

"Is there something on my face?"

"...Nothing. I just thought that you had a very ordinary face."

"Ow. I know."

"Pff- I can't believe you admitted that!"

"Well it's the truth, so I don't see a reason to deny it."

We were gaining a lot of attention from the surrounding customers, obviously due to Adria's charm and me, who was clearly out of place with Adria's beauty. Adria didn't seem to mind though, as she continued to hum while gazing at me.

"Like I said, why are you even looking at me?"

"Cause I want to."

"That doesn't make sense..."

"It doesn't have to make sense!"

I felt very uncomfortable, having a girl such as Adria stare at me for a long period of time. Sure, I was sort of used to it, due to Anna, but even then, she was the only girl that would intensely stare at me. As such, I didn't have much resistant to beautiful people. Adria knew that I felt uncomfortable, but she still continued anyways. 

(...She's an S, I swear...)

My face twitched, which resulted in Adria bursting out in laughter.

"HAHA- I can't- ha- your reactions are too interesting!"

"..."

I just looked at her with half open eyes, gazing with dismay. 

"Here's your order! Enjoy your meal!"

Our food arrived, and we finally stopped bantering with each other, and proceeded to stuff our mouths. 

Midway through the risotto, Adria twirled some spaghetti with her fork, and held it in front of my face. 

"Ahhhh~"

I immediately froze, as the surrounding seemed to chill. I swore I heard a lot of things break, and a wave of tongues clicked as she offered me the food.

"""Tsk!"""

Nervously, I asked Adria,

"Uhhh...I don't think this is necessary..."

"Of course it's necessary! Please, it's my way of thanking you!"

(...She's kidding right?)

"No, even then, I can't accept it."

(Plus, you just used that fork, you airhead woman...)

"...I see. So you won't even take my reward..."

She looked down dejected, as I felt the temperature drop to -100 degrees celsius. 

With no other option, I waved my hands in front of me.

"N-n-no it's fine, I'll eat it- I'll eat it okay?"

She immediately brightened up and raised her head with a massive smile.

"Yay~ Here... Ahhhh~"

My face was burning at this point, and my palms started to sweat. Hesitantly, I covered her fork with my lips, before pulling away as I munched on the soft delicious spaghetti. My eyes were not looking at Adria's direction, as to lessen the embarrassment of being fed by her.

"""TSK!""" 

"This bastard...."

"...Fucking lucky guy..."

"...Can he go explode already?"

I sighed out of tiredness. Adria on the other hand, continued to smile happily, as she finished her food.

After we left the establishment, it was already dark, so I offered to take Adria back home. She widened her eyes, but soon, she nodded her head and grinned once again.

"Oooh~ Being cheeky huh?"

"...No I'm no- ...whatever, you're doing this on purpose anyways."

"You seem to have gotten a grasp on my personality already huh?"

"..."

I remained silent, as we continued trudging along the dark streets.

We soon arrived at her house, which was decently large, made out of wood with a metal gate in front of it. 

"Thanks for dinner, Adria."

"No problem! It was for saving me anyways, so you don't have to worry about it!"

"Try not staying outside this dark alright? It's dangerous."

"Ara~? Are you worried about me being too beautiful that lechers would attack me?"

"Yes, I am."

She widened her eyes. I stared at her crystal-like eyes, before she averted them, and turned her back towards me.

She mumbled something quietly, before heading inside her home.

"..uh..yeah....thanks..."

I rubbed the back of my head as I waved goodbye to her. I didn't notice her ears, which was tinted in a slight crimson red, but she still waved at me nevertheless.

As I stood there silently, a thought dawned on me.

(...Where can I sleep?)

welp I got a test thursday kms

 

 

4