Ch 17 – Interlude (Adria Arthur)
197 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was saved by a young boy one time, while gathering herbs for a Quest from the Guild.

Normally, I would of been wary of my surroundings. However, this time I had relaxed quite a bit, because there were no presence of monsters at the time. It was weird, but I thought that it would be an easy job, just gathering some herbs for some pocket cash, however, I was wrong.

Goblins had surrounded me, with their twisted faces and disgusting intentions. I had nowhere to run. I had forgotten my rapier as well, which was the worst situation that I had been in quite a while.

I had no means of defending myself, except for some martial arts that I had learnt from my teacher, however, I primarily focused on the rapier, as it was my main form of defense, and overall, it was just more fun to use. I must of been quite out of it on that day, even forgetting the weapon that protected my life. 

I may have been an Emerald Ranked Adventurer (B), admired by many in the Guild for my appearance and skills, but I was still a 20 year old young lady. I'm sure many girls when they were young dreamed of such heroes saving damsels in danger, swooping in to help them and asking if they were okay. But I was already strong, and I believed that such people didn't exist in this world, so I locked it inside my heart as an embarrassing secret of mine.

Maybe I was secretly wishing for such an unlikely thing to happen for me, even if it was childish. But, when I was at my worst, he swooped in and saved me, and I just... couldn't take my eyes of him.

He came over, and asked if I was okay, just like how I had imagined my dream-like encounter to be. It's weird. I never believed in people falling in love on first sight. But maybe, I was wrong. Or maybe, these feelings of mine, are just gratitude towards my savior, misunderstood as feelings of love and admiration. 

So, I'll just watch him, and then just maybe in the future, I'll understand whether these feelings of mine are real, or just misinterpreted. 

I wanted to go on a date with him, so I forced him using the pretext of me repaying him, as thanks for saving me. I hope he didn't realise, or else I would of died of embarrassment. I dressed up quite maturely, hoping I could see his reaction. I couldn't help but laugh at his embarrassment when he complimented my clothes. Of course, I felt happy when he did so, but I felt more fun teasing him, even going as far as feeding him. He surprisingly had quite well-defined muscles, in comparison to his average looking face, with his unusual black hair and grey hazy eyes. I felt like I had learnt another secret that no other person would know, and that filled my heart with ease and content.

And when he was worried about me walking around late, I immediately felt blissful but shocked at the same time, because I wasn't expecting him to actually say yes with such seriousness. So how could I have looked at him when he said such things? There was no way I could of looked at him when my face was burning hot red with happiness and shyness. 

I plopped onto my bed face first, as I recalled his words as he dropped me off. I immediately cringed and started hitting my bed as a way to fight off these feelings. I grasped my pillow between my legs and chest, my face still red and my heart still beating fast. 

I hope that I can see him tomorrow. After all, it's the first time I've been interested in a boy within all my 20 years of living.

3