Ch 18 – The Morning Routine of Shiro
93 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wobbled back to the Guild, hoping that I could stay there for the night, as I had no money at the moment. The receptionist immediately widened her eyes when she spotted me, as there was nobody else in the Guild. It was quite late after all, but I still needed to ask her.

"...It's very late you know?"

"Yeah, but I don't have any money at the moment, and I need a place to sleep."

"Do you have anything that you think you can sell? Maybe like a monster core, or a hide of an animal."

"...!"

I rummaged through my pockets as I felt the cold stone in my fingers. I placed it on the desk. 

"A Major Orc's Mana Stone?"

"What about it?"

"Well, Major Ranked Monsters (B) in general are extremely hard to come by, so it's pretty expensive to get one. The guild will take it for 2300 Dals. Is that alright with you?"

I scratched my cheeks as I felt my face slightly heat up.

"...Um, I've come from a far place so I don't really know how the currency works."

"Oh yeah, that's right, you come from the Akashi Region. Sure, I guess I can explain."

"Thank you."

According to Ariel, the currency was called [Dals]. Suprisingly, the world shared similar currency to the one of Earth. I estimated the costs of things around the town, and estimated that 1 Dal equaled to $1 in the original world. 

(AN: I didn't really want to make it complicated.)

I had just earnt $2300 from just killing the Major Bloody Orc.

"Can you pass your adventurer's ID to me?"

"Sure."

She placed my ID onto a small platform, with a magic circle enscribed onto it. She then punched in some numbers, as the magic circle slowly emitted a faint white light. She handed the ID back to me.

"Your adventurer's ID acts as a form of storing money as well. Long time ago, a great wizard introduced this system to all of society. He was later hailed as a hero, but I don't really want to bore you with history." 

"Thank you."

(...Probably a person that was transported to this world as well.)

"You were looking for a place to sleep right?"

I nodded.

"Go around the corner to the left of the Guild, and you'll find an inn called [Triangular Rose Inn]. It costs $20 each week for rent, so you should be good for a while. It’s $70 per month though, so you might want to choose that option instead. However, please do not slack off working as an adventurer."

"Of course I won't."

"Alright! Is there anything else you want to know?"

I shook my head, as I thanked her for the information. 

After walking out of the Adventurer's Guild, I followed Ariel's directions, and reached the inn. With the soft orange lamps glowing onto the building, I made out the words [Triangular Rose Inn], which had a triangular emblem with silver metal roses as it reflected the orange dim lights. Upon entering, I was greeted with a man around his mid-30s with brown hair at the receptionist desk. The building was well maintained; a stunning chandelier rested above the lobby, and the floor was made out of walnut wood. A small glass pot sat in the corner of the room, which housed a beautiful bush of white roses. I stood still, admiring the mystical scenary.

"Hello! Welcome to the Triangular Rose Inn! How may I help you?"

Snapping back to reality, I opened my mouth.

"I'd like to stay here for a month."

One of his eyebrows immediately shot up as he looked at me strangely.

"Sir, it's 70 Dals for a month's rent. "

"Yes, I know. Here."

As I laid my adventurer's card onto the desk, the receptionist immediately stopped staring with a questionable look and nodded.

"Sorry, most people usually come here without looking at the prices, expecting it to be cheap for a few days."

He grabbed my card and placed it on a similar platform with a magic circle enscribed on it. As if confirming the transaction, the circle faintly shone green, before fading away.

"Here's your key and card. Your room is located on the second floor, 203. There's a dining area for breakfast every morning, which your money covers for. Oh, and if you want to cook your own food, you can use the secondary kitchen on the side. Do you have any other questions?"

"Is there a place that I can use to train?"

"Train? Yeah we do. There's a rose garden behind the inn that most people don't go to in the morning."

"Thanks, I needed it."

"Alright then! I need your name."

"It's Shiro Shiratori."

He then wrote my name next to 203 with a [30] next to it. 

"The name's Stanislav Baran. I hope you enjoy the inn for the next month!"

I nodded my head, and made my way up the walnut wood steps onto the second story. After finding room 203, I unlocked the door as I explored my room with my eyes. 

A red carpeted floor, with a small desk in the side of the room, as well as a small lantern with a comfy large single bed that laid in the back. Another door led to the restroom, with a toilet and a tub of water with an assortment of blocks of soaps. Unfortunately, the water was cold, but was heated up with a small gadget that seemed to be powered by a mana stone that emitted fire magic. 

It was already extremely late, and my body was already flooding with drowsiness. Getting rid of my shoes, I plopped onto the soft bed as I closed my eyes. 

======<>======

I woke up the next day, around 5:30 am, as small traces of light shone through the cracks of the silk curtains. Jumping onto my feet, I stretched my body and took a whisk of water down my throat as I proceeded to start my morning routine.

Cero would always barge into my room in the morning, yelling like a drill sergeant, to wake me up and start working out. As a result, it became a morning habit. However, this also made me question the timeline between meeting Cero and waking up with no memories. There was a gap in between, blurred and still missing. I couldn't explain the disappearance, so the only solution that I could come up with was that I still hadn't remembered everything. Shaking my head, I walked outside to the lobby, as I greeted Stanislav with a small good morning, before heading out to the rose garden behind the building. All sorts of coloured roses sprung from the ground, creating a dazzling mix of velvety pedals. The soft rosy aroma filled my lungs, as I started working out.

What Cero taught me, was pushing, pulling, and lifting my body. 
'Remember, the more you get used to using your body, the more comfortable you will feel in moving your body in battle.'
A small grin spread on my lips. No matter how long it has been since I've seen him, I could still hear his rough and serious voice in my head.
The morning routine really just consisted of hard variations of these techniques, such as muscle ups, planche pushups, L-sits, and handstand pushups. By the time I finished the workout, my body was filled with numbness, and sweat had covered my entire body.

I walked back to my room, passing the receptionist desk. I gave a small wave to Stanislav, who was sitting at the receptionist desk.

"Good morning."

"Good morning."

"Sorry for my sweat. I'll go clean up."

Stanislav broke into a large grin.

"...Why are you grinning so hard?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it."

"...Okay?"

"There'll be breakfast soon, it'll be done around 8:30am."

He slapped me on the back before heading back into the receptionist desk.

I made my way back to the garden, as I rubbed my sore back. Creating some water with [Materialisation], I doused myself in cold water, before manipulating the wind around me to dry up slightly. I had one more thing that I wanted to do. I took off my black T-shirt, and set it aside on the tree branch. 

Bouncing on the spot, I twisted my leg and threw my other leg through the air. I practiced my kicks and punches, movement and my dodges. Each kick and punch ripped through the air, as small grunts of breathing surrounded the garden. Each time I hurled a punch, I twisted my legs and my core, sending out powerful cracking attacks. Each time I hurled a kick, I concentrated on my stability, power and my technique. Each time I threw a punch, the more the world around me slowly melted into my unconscious mind.
I was there, just fighting a shadow. It dodged, and then threw a punch back at me. I dodged, and then I shot a punch towards it. We fought each other, to no avail. I kept missing, and it also missed me. It dodged my attacks, and I dodged its attacks. I created a bokken from wood using [Materialisation], grasped the hilt and swung at it, twisting my body, keeping the hilt close to me as I slammed it into the shadow. It in turn, created a shadowy bokken, before launching towards me. I swung, over and over, each time becoming more precise and more powerful, before I realized that somebody was coming towards the garden. My surroundings immediately cleared up, as the blurred world gradually faded away.

I breathed heavily, my lungs and body scorching, sweat pouring. At that point, it was around 8:30 am. 
A voice vibrated across the garden into my ears.

"Hey! Breakfast's ready!"

Stanislav leaned on the door frame.

"Sorry...give me a second."

As I spawned a ball of water in the air, Stanislav glanced at me, with a surprised expression. I ruffled my hair shaking the water as much as I could, before using the wind around me to dry my body.

"...I'm done."

"Alright, let's go!"

Stanislav guided me through the building. Eventually, the aroma of cooked bread, eggs and ham could be smelt.

Entering the dining area, multiple wooden tables were laid out, with benches as chairs. On the side of the room, food and drinks such as bread, milk, eggs, and ham were on another table, ready to be served. There were other customers as well, some already filling the tables, while others still grabbing a plate or so. 

I grabbed a plate of toasted bread with melted butter, with fried ham and scrambled eggs, as well as grabbing a cup of milk as refreshment.

(Yum.)

=======<>=======

(Author's Note: Not going to lie, I completely forgot that I wrote this story. LOL. Anyways, I've got exams soon, but at very least, I want to complete this story that I left for a year. Sorry for all the people that actually enjoyed my novel. I'll be getting right back on it. Btw, reading back on it, I find my novel kinda cringe, but maybe that's just me.)

2