chapter 10 zombie apocalypse (4/4)
62 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was already expecting this from the start, since powers were emerging here and there, but what the fuck is this?

Weapons don’t have effect on this zombie, its built was so big and it had a mutated knife as a hand. His clothes surmised that he was a butcher back when he still had his insanity.

We readied our weapons and fired at this giant, all bouncing off and not leaving a scratch, he jogged his way to where we were. Having to carry that big body, his movements was slow. Even trying a grenade, it still didn’t work, the fire user tried burning it but it still had no effect.

We had trouble slaying it for a while, but we eventually we found its weakness to be metal. The metal user who just got his powers, tried controlling nearby metal pipes, slicing through the zombie’s flesh like butter.

Exhausted by this unexpected monster, my father, as the leader of the group, made us go back to the base. Wanting to report the emerges of powers and zombies evolving with it.

People with powers started showing up in our base, though not many. We had one metal user, two people that can control and create fire, and someone who had a space.

The space user made the expedition easier as we only had to throw the goods to his space, we made sure to protect him and have guards around him since he was only a civilian.

Expecting to have mine, nothing happened. Guess I’m not the protagonist in this story.

We continued this at pace until we stacked a good amount of foods for the people inside the base.

Researchers were also hired to start creating a cure.

Experimenting first at mutated plants, destroyed the laboratory and made the virus evolve much further. The laboratory was far from the base but news still traveled fast. Looking for any survivors, they were met with moving carnivorous plants instead. Firing a stream of bullets, the plant met its demise.

No survivors were left, some turned into zombies, others got eaten alive. This world is getting more chaotic.

Relaxed as I am, on the next expedition got bitten by the arm, killing the zombie with a gun, I tied my hand fast and tight with a cloth, the others seeing this ran to our troop leader, my father.

Seeing the bite mark he pointed a gun at my head, the other soldiers gave us some space and walked out.

Kneeling before the man, he put the gun back to his holster and chopped of the hand that was bitten.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

Hearing the ear piercing scream, my left arm was sliced off, helping me bandage the hand, my father said this words as I continued to scream

“if you survive and don’t become a zombie, come back to me”

Turning back my father followed his troops.

Some viruses still trailed to my immune system, thinking this was the end, I was ready to emerge out of the body but the virus only traveled so far that it did not reach my brain.

Still having control to my movements, the left arm that was cut off stopped bleeding.

I didn’t become one of them?

Well I did become something in between a human and a zombie.

Going outside the laboratory the zombies around didn’t seem to be attracted to me

*ding* (kill the City D’s base leader)

Well isn’t this convenient? Continue to travel by feet going to city D, I would sometimes stretch my body since some parts would go numb.

Traveling for a long time didn’t make me feel hungry at all but made my complexion rather pale. Not the dead bluish type but it only made me look pale as a ghost. My eyes were also dead shot like having sore eyes. I went to a nearby mall and looked for sunglasses to hide it.

Getting near city D, I heard noises outside the building I was hiding in. Peeking outside the glass they stopped where I can completely see them.

“isn’t our base leader super cocky? He hasn’t given us a break for a while”

“he must be jealous of the kid’s face and having all the woman stick to him, besides he’s scum anyway, taking bigger shares than the others and forcing the woman to play with him”

“hey shut up dude, their friends with his younger brother you might get in trouble”

Seeing the familiar silhouette behind the gossiping two outside it was Satohi!

“I’m not interested with woman”

Seeing the shocked faces of the two guys they apologized saying it was only a joke and they didn’t mean it.

Thinking they would pass by Satohi then looked my way

“wait I hear something” [Satohi talking]

“is it a high leveled zombie?”

“I think so, let’s be careful”

Coming my way, I opened the door to the room to let them in easily. Removing the ark covering my face to show face with glasses I put my right hand in the air.

Entering the room, the two guys heaved a sigh of relief thinking I was a human, Satohi on the other hand didn’t seem to recognize me

“put the other arm up, what are you hiding?”

Of course I immediately showed my bandaged chopped off arm so they won’t get suspicious

“yah, long time no see Satohi”

“………Fukumi?”

“yep that’s right”

Not expecting the warm welcome. Satohi jumped and hugged me tight.

“you miss me that much?”

“I wanted to see you!” seeing his passionate eyes, my friendship with him must’ve been important, patting him in the back I asked him which city base he was from

“City D”

Lucky~

“I think I’m lost can you guys take me in?”

“sure!”

The other two didn’t buy what I said and the other one started talking saying “who would get lost-“ but got elbowed by his friend before he could finish his sentence.

Going inside the base. It had the same design as ours

“can I meet up with your base leader Satohi?”

“why is that?”

“to be honest I didn’t get lost on my way here, and was asked by a family member of his to convey something important to him and so I lied when we were together with the other two”

“you- you trust me that much Fukumi? Sure I’ll try convincing him”

Waiting for the big puppy to come back I went and asked my assistant

Did you eat lunch?

(I don’t get hungry, stop asking stupid questions)

Me too, just making sure you’re their when something happens.

Meeting the base leader took a while, giving us some privacy Satohi went outside the door and closed it, the base leader had the same facial features as Kyo but older, tanned with a firm jaw, thick dark hair, and a long symmetrical face.

 Wanting to appreciate it more I looked away since time was running, I acted as if I was getting something from my bag.

“base leader I wanted to give you a gift”

“gift? Hurry I’m busy”

Rummaging in my bag as if having a hard time finding it, I was making a hard choice choosing between a normal gun or a silencer, isn’t it more dramatic if I used the loud one?

Putting the silencer on the gun, I wrapped it in a cloth while still inside the bag and faced the ‘gift’ to the base’s leader’s head. In the blink of an eye a hole was made to his head.

Seeing the dead body lying on the floor, I emerged from my own and shot the silencer at my previous head using my slimy paws.

Looking at the scene, all of it looked dramatic. Readying to dive into the pool of blood I shot the normal gun facing the roof and ran carrying the gun.

*Satohi’s pov*

Hearing the gun inside the city leader’s room, I dashed my way in to see the dead body of Fukumi.

Thinking that this would be the start of our romance when he arrived at the city but now his beloved was gone. Holding my previous corpse, and wailing loud, yes he wasn’t interested with women, yes the prince Satohi was gay.

0