Chapter 10
197 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cursed Zombie

Level: 4

HP: 60/60

Build -- Fat

200% weakness to Holy-Attribute attacks.

50% Resistance to Physical Attacks

70% Resistance Magic Resistance

 

Without Holy Water, these Zombies with thick flesh were a real headache for Adventurers.

 

However, for Kade, who had Holy Water, each of these Zombies were moving lumps of Exp. As long as he was careful when dealing with them, they wouldn’t be too much of an issue.

 

“Take care of the right side, block all of the Zombies who try to enter.”

 

Anna nodded to Kade’s words, she immediately blocked the right side of the crack. She quickly kicked back the ugly, decomposing head that poked through.

 

“Excellent.” Kade praised her. He attacked the left side of the plank with his sword, widening the crack.

 

“What are you doing?” Anna asked, somewhat shocked.

 

As the crack widened, a plump Zombie quickly squeezed its bulk through; Kade had given him an open path, barely enough to rush through.

 

Kade was calm, and with nimble footwork he swung his sword at the Zombie’s neck, “Heavy Slash.”

 

His damage was doubled by the Holy Water, and he got a Critical Strike, but Zombies didn’t have vitals so they wouldn’t instantly die from a Critical. Even if they were beheaded, they would still keep attacking.

 

The fat Zombie kept trying to force its way in

 

Kade avoided its charge as Anna swiftly kicked it in the stomach, staggering it.

 

“Good job!” Kade praised Anna as he rushed up. He slashed the fat Zombie again, dealing a high amount of damage and leaving a massive wound in its gut, unable to heal because of the Holy Water, allowing its putrid guts to leak out.

 

When Kade got the Exp for the kill, 50 Exp, he couldn’t level up until he got his 2nd Rank--but the Exp was stored until he could assign it, so it wasn’t wasted.

 

With Anna fighting by his side, the following events were predictable. Because of the Holy Water, the Zombie died from only a few hits. Anna may have not had much experience fighting a Caster, but she definitely had been on a battleground--her assistance was vital.

 

Taking advantage of the mindlessness of the Zombies, as well as the small hole in the wall, Kade created a bottleneck. All the Zombies kept moving forwards, not noticing their compatriot’s deaths, generously dying one by one, giving Kade and Anna large amounts of Experience.

 

After around 20 minutes, the inside of the wooden house was littered with Zombie corpses. There were still a few left alive, because of the numerous corpses obstructing the entrance.

 

With a cheerful whistle, Kade went out to eliminate them.

 

He opened his Menu, thinking of how Heiss was truly generous in giving him not only enormous amounts of Experience but also three Uncommon-Grade Items.

 

There was something important he had to spend his Experience on, something that would greatly increase his chances of survival until he could find a Trainer for his 2nd Rank Class.

 

Spending 500 Experience…

Passive Skill: Decapitate Learned

 

Decapitate 25/50

 

Skills could be upgraded by Skill Points, but Kade didn’t have enough to get Decapitate to much higher Proficiency. It was one of his strongest attacks when he was a powerful Berserker.

 

This was the reason why he spent his precious Exp on creating the Skill, it was basically a definite 25% chance of instantly killing any 1st Rank opponent, and some 2nd Ranks.

 

However, this only applied to enemies which had a central nervous-systems; Some were exempt from this, such as: Undead, some Monsters, Elementals, Magical Constructs, Golems, etc.

 

He finally learned his first Passive Skill, one that was vital to his survival.

 

Fighters were usually known as a jack-of-all-trades precisely because of the all-rounder nature, able to follow any path. Of course, this usually meant that its overall ability was often quite average, but Kade wouldn’t allow this to happen. As a Legend Ranked Player, he knew a lot about this world and could increase his combat ability through all kinds of means.

 

The next step was to learn some powerful Fighter Skills.

 

Truly powerful Skills needed to be learned, either by being taught by a Teacher, self-learning, or even by finding uncommon Skill Books. Decapitate was Raging Berserker (4th Rank Berserker) Skill that could only be learned from a very rare Skill Book that was the reward from an 80 person Raid.

 

***

In Anna’s eyes, Kade’s transformation was astonishing. From the pure and kind-hearted Young Master Kade, to the current Zombie Horde killing Fighter with an unchanging expression. It was really unfathomable.

 

She had once wondered whether the current Kade was putting up an act. But she understood Kade really well, and knew that he had suddenly become quite manly--she had taken care of him for many years, and found that she enjoyed how he was currently taking care of her.

 

It’s just that he grew up in one night.

 

I don’t know what kind of dream he had…’ Anna felt fond feelings as she watched Kade wrapping up the loot, when suddenly--

 

“Wear this ring.”

 

--Kade gave her Heiss’ ring.

 

“For me?” Anna had a blank expression on her face.

 

Kade smiled, “Of course, you deserve it. Without your help, I wouldn’t have been able to kill Heiss and all those Zombies. Besides, I don’t have any Spells, so I can’t even use it. Don’t you know some Elven Spells?”

 

Anna nodded.

 

“So, wear it.” Kade grabbed Anna’s right hand as though it was completely natural, slipping Heiss’ Black Diamond Ring onto her forefinger.

 

Anna blushed, her heart couldn’t help but begin to beat faster.

 

Kade grinned, “This Ring can instantly cast a single Spell, and can be used once a day. You will find it quite useful.”

 

He released her hand, before looking around, “Well, let’s quickly leave this place before the City Guard come inspecting the noise.”

 

***

East City, Black Horn Eagle Inn.

 

After being paid a considerable amount of money for a room, the fat middle-aged Inn Keeper passionately welcomed the two visitors who had dared be out after the curfew.

 

When Kade ordered the room, he subtly flashed some coins to the Inn Keeper, making sure Anna couldn’t see--bribing him so that he would say that only a double room was available. Kade had learned this trick from an old friend of his, back before he came to this world.

 

Anna seemed embarrassed as she tentatively entered the room behind Kade, her eyes tracking around the room and over to the large bed, before going back to her Young Master--her cheeks coloured a light pink before she looked back.

 

Kade sat at the table and began taking inventory of his loot.

 

The Grave Robber’s wealth was astonishing. After deducting the expenses for the Inn, they still had 378 silvers. Every since they entered the city, they never had enough to have a comfortable life in the city, living day by day.

 

“Young Master Kade, what are we doing next?” Anna spoke in an excited tone, perhaps because of seeing hope from the change in Kade, the young Half-Elf girl seemed quite full of energy.

 

Kade grinned at her, and flopped back onto the bed, “Get some rest, we have some preparations to do tomorrow. Then, the Acheron Gang will reap what they sowed.”

 

Anna timidly walked over to the other side of the bed and sat down, “Pardon me, Young Master Kade.”

 

She lay on her back and stared up at the ceiling, her body was stiff as her eyes kept darting over to Kade. They had often slept in the same room when they were younger, but she had to move to a nearby room when Kade hit puberty.

 

“Sleep Anna.” Kade spoke in a reassuring tone, placing his hand on one of hers and winking at her.

 

“Yes, Young Master.” Anna spoke, closing her eyes.

8