Chapter 15
168 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kade managed to harvest quite a lot of loot from inside the Acheron Gang’s basement.

 

After nicely driving out a group of clueless, innocent, dancers, he ruthlessly cleared out all of Diapheis’ wealth. He took all of the valuable loot -- as well as a sizable sum of money.

 

He found six small pouches of silvers filled to the brim, each of which contained at least 100 - 200 silvers, and a bag of jewels. According to his Accounting Skill, these jewels were worth several thousand silvers, and he just needed to find a suitable place to exchange them.

 

The most expensive thing that he found was a secret compartment in Diapheis’ bedroom, inside which was a green bag with 26 gold coins inside--these were authentic Wizard Gold Coins, a currency commonly used in the south.

 

26 Wizard Golds were equal to 26,000 Silvers.

 

From Kade’s memories, yearly taxes in his territory amounted to a total of 2,000 Silvers.

 

Running a gang in a small city like this was obviously not this lucrative, this ridiculous amount of money definitely originated from somewhere else.

 

Unfortunately, Diapheis had to die. He was too strong for Kade to capture.

 

But as he was about to leave, feeling regret for missing out on that information, he entered a small room and found a familiar face. There was a young man with a short build and wretched appearance, who was laying unconscious on the floor. Also inside the room was a dancer whose clothing was ripped apart, seeming very frightened.

 

It seemed that the guy had been knocked unconscious while he was forcing himself on the girl, who pushed him, causing him to fall and hit his head on the corner of the table.

 

She hid in the corner, curled up and looking at Kade in terror as he entered the room. But as soon as Isabelle entered the room behind him, the dancer reacted; they obviously knew each other.

 

Kade had Isabelle give the dancer a few silver coins, before allowing her to leave the room.

 

Looking again at the man on the floor, Kade realized that he was Farmar, his older cousin--and this was proof to him that his Uncle Miller was the mastermind.

 

Kade handed one of the pouches to Isabelle, “This is yours. It should easily cover whatever the cost of healing your mother requires; take her to the Priest of the Silver Church.”

 

The girl shook her head, “I can’t accept this much--I wasn’t any help to you, Mister Mask.”

 

“You are a good guide, you deserve this.” Kade smiled, “Go. Cure your mother, then find a safe place.”

 

“And then?” Isabelle asked, “What about you, Mister Mask?”

 

“I have a lot to deal with,” Kade’s eyes flickered to his unconscious cousin, “If you and your mother have nowhere else to go, you can go to White River Valley a month from now. The lord there will take you in.”

 

“Didn’t White River Valley fall to a pack of Gnolls?” The girl wasn’t ignorant of the happenings in the outside world--the crimson colour in her eyes deepened, spreading from her irises to the Sclera.

 

Kade had growing suspicions about the strange girl, but he didn’t have time to verify them. He had a lot more urgent things that he had to sort out.

 

“It’ll be different in a month.” Kade rubbed her head again, “Go. Be careful and don’t attract attention.”

 

Isabelle gingerly took the bag and hid it carefully, “Yes!”

 

Taking one more look at Kade, seeming to try and memorize his partially hidden face, before finally leaving the basement.

 

Kade looked down at the unconscious Farmar and suddenly began kicking him.

 

The pitiful guy painfully groaned while gradually waking up.

 

“Who are you? That bitch? Dammit, Diapheis works for me.” Farmar burst out in rage after waking up.

 

Kade gave him another kick.

 

Farmar’s body, which was useless because he never really trained a Combat Class, was sent flying.

 

“You dare…”

 

Before Farmar could finish his words, Kade stomped on his stomach, speaking in a harsh tone, “It looks like you don’t understand your situation. I’ve already killed Diapheis. In fact, after tonight the Acheron Gang will be a memory. You are wearing the clothing of the wealthy, so you aren’t one of them; so I have some questions for you.”

 

“Of course, you can choose not to answer.” He added as he drew his second spare dagger and pointed it at the man under his feet.

 

Farmar was terrified, shivering, “Don’t kill me! I can give you as much money as you want! You can ask around, my father is quite wealthy and our family has a villa in the business district. Moreover, we will soon acquire a large territory, becoming even richer. Don’t kill me!”

 

“Territory? Are you a noble?” Kade was unhurried as he asked.

 

Farmar nodded hastily, “Even if I’m currently not a Noble, that will change very soon. As long as a certain useless person dies, my father will inherit White River City. He has already taken care of bribing the officials, and changing the title of Nobility isn’t too difficult. My father, Miller, was originally the younger brother of the lord of White River Valley.”

 

“So, what you’re saying is that you and the Acheron Gang worked together to kill that ‘useless person’?”

 

Farmar swallowed, he was getting more confident because the unknown person asking questions like this usually meant that they would be willing to spare his life, “Exactly. That idiot stole the territory that we deserved. We’re only taking back what rightfully belongs to us. Even if you are Diapheis’ enemy, you don’t have to kill me, since he was only in a business relationship! Really, as long as you free me, you can ask for any amount of money, and I will give it to you!”

 

Kade silently at the Quest update, lightly shaking his head.

 

After finishing his Side-Quest, he received 200 Exp; and at the same time, a second Side-Quest appeared, Revenge.

 

Revenge:

 

Since the mastermind behind this plot has been verified, you have to go all-out to get revenge. As long as he lives, he will do everything in his power to get in your way as you try to reclaim your territory. So, even though you are blood related, perhaps you should make the first move

 

Reward: 500 Exp

 

Even if he didn’t receive the Quest, Kade would still go look for his troublesome uncle.

 

***

Seeing Kade shaking his head, Farmar immediately began to panic, “I’m not deceiving you! I can truly pay a large amount!”

 

“Perhaps I don’t want money.” Kade took off his mask with a grin.

 

Farmar stared blankly, “How could it…you…how?”

 

Without warning, Farmar somehow summoned the courage out of nowhere and tried to stand up, “You are Kade! You think that holding a dagger is enough to scare me? Damn bastard, I’m not afraid of you!”

 

Still smiling, Kade calmly released Farmar and took half a step back; Farmer smiled sinisterly and tried to charge him, “You should have already died! White River Valley is mine!”

 

Without warning a cold light flashed and a head rolled on the floor.

 

Kade looked at the headless body, shaking his head once before staying in the basement any longer. Still under the cover of night, he left the Pyroxene bar.

 

***

The next morning, the news of the overnight destruction of the Acheron Gang had already spread to Rivershore City’s minor and major powers.

 

As for the two teams that had survived because they had been sent out to suppress the problems with the dock and the casino, they were very quickly assimilated into some of the other gangs.

 

Everyone said that the Acheron Gang provoked someone that they couldn’t afford to mess with, someone with outstanding fighting skill. Someone who used a large sword and specialized in decapitating their opponents in one blow, and wore a mask. They single-handedly eliminated the majority of the Acheron Gang’s Elite overnight, displaying quite frightening strength.

 

The legend of the Masked Warrior spread throughout Rivershore City.

 

In a Villa in the rich section of the business district, a plump middle-aged man’s face was as white as  a sheet of paper.

 

“Master Miller, Young Master Farmar, he…”

 

A wrinkled old man leaning on a walking-stick lifted the cloth covering a headless corpse, the head was placed next to the body, his expression turned cold.

 

“Masked Warrior…?” Miller clenched his fist, “Rivershore City didn’t have a person like this before. Could it be a previous enemy of Diapheis?”

 

“How about offering a bounty?” The old man suggested.

 

Miller frowned before shaking his head, after a long pause, he gnashed his teeth and spoke, “Go look for the Shadow Spider’s man. I must have the man who killed my son cut to pieces. Also, keep sending people to look for that kid Kade--as long as he is in Rivershore City, I can’t fail to find him…I’m already itching to make my nephew reunite with his father.”

 

***

The undercurrent was raging through Rivershore City, but Kade had already left the City early in the morning. His Stamina had replenished by a night of rest, and a quick healing at the Silver Church.

 

He bought a few necessities, before leaving towards the Northwest; he would need at least a week--and Miller would die when he returned.

 

Kade knew that his current strength was still somewhat lacking. Although he could single-handedly exterminate the Acheron Gang, Miller wasn’t as simple to deal with. From the information that he’d received, there were at least two 2nd Rank Adventurers overseeing Miller’s Villa.

 

This was a perk of being wealthy.

 

As long as you have enough money, there would be strong people willing to work for you. Miller’s Villa had been provided a small team of mercenaries, which were nominally used for business, but were in reality a private army.

 

He had received them when he had bribed City Hall.

 

Kade also needed some time to prepare certain things while also increasing his strength.

 

He was going north, towards a certain small mountain in the Hall Mountain Range. That mountain had been uninhabited for a long time, and by now, most people had already forgotten what was hidden there.

 

But Kade remembered.

 

The Scarlet Monastery, one of the few Instances that he remembered being near Rivershore City’s surroundings. A group of Scarlet Slaves had seized the place, and in addition, a Lich that failed to reach Godhood was there…lying dormant.

7