Chapter 48
146 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even if a Spell like Acid Spray was only a 1st Circle Magic, it inflicted a lot of negative effects.

 

Not only could it cause burns, it could also burn through armour or apply a Blind Debuff if it hit the eyes. This was the horrifying power of a Caster--even a 1st Circle Spell still had enough power to kill or cause debilitating Debuffs.

 

But Kade was already prepared.

 

At a low level, Acid Spray was the second most popular Spell for Sorcerers and Wizards, the first being Circle of Ice.

 

Kade just waited until the Sorcerer launched the Spell--and dodged out of the way. As he evaded, he stunned a nearby Gnoll and held it like a shield as he continued his run towards the Sorcerer.

 

An Arcane Missile flew from the Sorcerers palm, causing Kade to speed up--he threw the Gnoll into the Arcane Missile, blocking it; but causing his shield to explode in a mist of gore.

 

Kade took the cover of the rain of blood to speed up and finally reach the Sorcerer.

 

Decapitate.

 

Because of the Armour Break, and his strength, this move easily cut the 2nd Rank Monster’s head off.

 

This sudden and gruesome death of their leader caused the Gnolls to begin to panic. As for the Adventurers, they all cheered.

 

The Elven Archer, Joey showed a proud expression. After all, without the Executioner’s Mark, Kade would have struggled a little more with the fight.

 

***

But Kade didn’t stop, he kept fighting, thoroughly slaughtering the remaining Gnolls.

 

They began to scatter, fleeing towards the castle.

 

He still had one minute left of Dragon’s Strength, so he decided not to allow any to escape--they were his Exp that he didn’t wish to allow to escape.

 

The Gnolls were thoroughly defeated.

 

***

Even the Gnolls in the camp turned into a mess, they threw away their armour and weapons as they fled.

 

“We chase them!” Anna decisively ordered.

 

Andre nodded and saluted, gesturing for the Young Guard to pursue the routed enemy. Then the Adventurers followed along--they didn’t mind something like chasing weakened and terrified Gnolls.

 

Even though there was a huge difference in numbers, a massacre began.

 

The Adventurers and Young Guard all saw Kade chasing more than thirty screaming Gnolls, alone--his speed was frightening and the Gnolls couldn’t outrun him.

 

Corpses spread across the hill, not a single one escaped.

 

The eyes of the Adventurers and Young Guard were filled with reverence; it was because of the Masked Warrior that they had so easily won the battles--without a single loss.

 

However, Cat was absentmindedly looking at the Masked Warrior as he killed Gnolls. He was suddenly deeply worried, because just two days ago, he had stealthily sent a carrier pigeon.

 

That pigeon flew towards Rivershore City, and if Cat didn’t get the time incorrect, that person should have sent people over.

 

I hope it they send a 2nd Rank Class-Holder, at least two of them, or more.

 

Otherwise, Cat would feel terrified.

 

But things had already reached this point. He didn’t have any other way--since he had already sided with that person, he had to take some risks.

 

Being an Adventurer for his life, definitely wasn’t his goal.

 

***

The majority of the Gnoll soldier were soon killed by the Adventurers, the Gnolls were basically defenseless when they abandoned their weapons and armour when they started fleeing; they weren’t that fast, so only a few Gnolls managed to escape.

 

As this was completely settled, the recovery of White River Valley was a success.

 

Under Anna’s orders, everyone took a rest and burned the Gnoll corpses. After which, they continued their journey towards the Castle--in which, there were Gnolls without any fighting ability; they were all the elderly or young.

 

All of the soldiers had been killed, their leader beheaded by Kade. This left only one result--Death.

 

They had no reason to show mercy, and more than 200 Knolls were slaughtered. Their corpses were piled up on the nearby hill and completely burned, the fire raged deep into the nigh--even some embers remained by morning.

 

Standing on the Castle walls, the members of the Young Guard began to cheer as they let out tears of joy. Even if the castle and surrounding town, and farmhouses, were still deserted, they knew that the civilians would soon return after their lord called them back.

 

White River Valley would soon recover.

 

The Adventurers had rested well that night, they stood on the walls, enjoying the morning breeze. Anna had just payed them the reward money, and there were no casualties--the mission was worth it in their mind.

 

The most serious injury was one of the Young Guard who had sprained his ankle because he got too excited when he chased down a Gnoll.

 

“Many thanks for helping us.” Anna said to the Adventurers, “I now formally announce that the request is complete, and you can all leave at any time.”

 

“Of course, if you should wish to stay, we would welcome you. But you would have to swear an oath to the Young Lord and comply with the laws of White River Valleys.”

 

The three solo Adventurers left as soon as they received their money, as White River Valley didn’t interest them.

 

As for Bramble and Lynx, they stayed.

 

Cat stood on the wall and stared into the distance, apparently waiting for something.

 

Soon, a few shadows appeared in the distance, they were knights in full armour.

 

“Why are these Knights here?” Anna asked with a frown, before gesturing to the leader of the Young Guard, “Andre!”

 

Andre glanced at one of the other members of the Young Guard, and the woman immediately drew a bow--aiming at the approaching Knights and firing three arrows in rapid succession.

 

She had ordinary shooting Skills, nowhere near as good as Joey’s when it came to long range--but she had only fired the arrows as a warning.

 

Sure enough, due to the warning shots, the three Knights slowed down, arriving at the bottom of the hill on which the Castle was situated.

 

One of them walked forwards, “We are the Disciplinary Knights of Rivershore City! We have come to apprehend the wanted criminal the Masked Warrior!”

6