Chapter 61
318 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fidel didn’t go mad because of turning into a Lich, but rather because Sasha’s first reaction when she saw him was surprise and the urge to flee.

 

Even though she quickly got control, this reaction still upset Fidel.

 

People have always incorrectly said that Liches don’t have feelings, it’s just that they can control them better--but Fidel had just gone through the ceremony and his Soulfire wasn’t settled. This shock caused his mind to become slightly strange.

 

From then on, he wandered the southern areas around the Despair Hills--he became known as the infamous Mad Lich.

 

***

After Kade heard the story, he had felt a bit of sympathy.

 

But, when the character of the story was right in front of him, it was quite difficult to control his feelings.

 

Fidel was a different kind of Necromancer, as he had a truly good heart.

 

Kade decided that he would do what he could to help the poor man.

 

After thinking for a few seconds, he asked, “Wouldn’t naturally grown roses wilt when they come in contact with Negative Energy?”

 

Fidel suddenly realized, “No wonder!”

 

“Sasha’s body carries massive amounts of Negative Energy. The roses that I sent didn’t even reach her before they turned into ash.”

 

“So, the reason she rejected me was this.”

 

Kade forced a smile, “It definitely not because of this.”

 

But this should stop Fidel from turning into a Lich for some time, so this was good.

 

“It’s probably like this,” Kade mumbled, “You don’t need to worry about proposing.”

 

“Maybe she doesn’t want to see you for a different reason.”

 

Fidel nodded, then spoke, stunned, “How do you know that she doesn’t want to see me?”

 

Kade shrugged, “If she wanted to--she wouldn’t use those Skeletal Warhorses to see you out, right?”

 

Fidel sighed, “What can I do…”

 

“Well, forget about it, let’s take a break. I don’t believe that I won’t be able to move her!”

 

“At worst, I’ll also turn into a Lich!” He spoke loudly.

 

Kade wanted to facepalm.

 

“Have you ever heard of a pair of Liches going out?” Kade kindly reminded him.

 

“Maybe you should think of another way? Like helping her regain her body?”

 

“This…This is a lot harder than turning myself into a Lich.” Fidel scratched his head as he spoke.

 

Indeed, the Lich’s Body Revival Spell was a Legendary-Rank Spell. Yet even Legend-Rank Liches wouldn’t necessarily be able to collect all the materials for the Spell.

 

“I know of one flower in the Elven Kingdom’s Forest, north of the Three Ring Towers. It’s unaffected by Negative Energy and is forever blooming, never withering.” Kade looked to one side, saying, “I just happen to be on a trip to the Three Ring Towers. I can bring you a flower on the way back.”

 

“Really? Are you talking about the Eternal Flower?” Fidel was surprised.

 

He grabbed Kade’s hands, excited, “I have already heard about the Eternal Flower before. Unfortunately, for the time being, I can’t leave the Despair Hills. This is a Necromancer rule.”

 

“If you’re willing to help, I’ll be very grateful!”

 

“Ahh…I haven’t met someone like you for quite a while. I’ll look for something to give you in exchange.”

 

With these words, he began searching, all kinds of weird stuff was thrown aside by him.

 

Kade suddenly noticed the emerald-green leaf in Fidel’s hands--it was still full of life even though it was in the Despair Hills, saturated in Negative Energy.

 

***

A Nature’s Leaf?

 

Even if he wasn’t any kind of Caster in the past, he was still familiar with this thing. It was one of the best consumables for Melee-Class Holders.

 

“Hmm, looking at your appearance, you should be a front-liner, so this Nature’s Leaf will be the advance payment. When you bring back the Eternal Flower, I’ll give you a few more rewards.”

 

Fidel excitedly rubbed his hands together, “How long will you need?”

 

“It’s hard to say.” Kade took the offered Nature’s Leaf from the excitable youth, “At most, it shouldn’t be more than a month.”

 

“Good, I’ll wait for you for a month!” Fidel waved his hands.

 

What a good guy--Kade felt admiration for him.

 

For the sake of his beloved, he was willing to do anything; and it was perhaps because of this that when he saw his beloved’s frightened appearance upon meeting again, his still-settling Soul-Fire burned too brightly--turning him mad.

 

If possible, Kade really wanted to change this guy’s fate.

 

The two spent the rest of the time happily chatting.

 

Well, Kade was listening while Fidel spoke excitedly about his life experiences; he kept going until the Skeletal Warhorses and Ghosts left, and taking that chance--so did Kade.

 

Kade had been delayed for a few hours, so he had to hurry and exit in the Northern part of the Despair Hills, Skull Valley.

 

***

Nature’s Leaf allowed any Class, where melee-type or Caster, to learn a Spell of the Nature Category. These consumables, as well the related extremely rare and expensive variations for every other Element, allowed anyone to learn Magic--the only other thing close to this was Divine Spells, which could only be learned by following a God.

 

One of the requirements of achieving Godhood was to not be following any Gods--or to have killed the previous Deity, which was much more difficult…though Gods like Shadow Prince had achieved it.

 

Nature’s Leaves were very rare and carefully controlled by the Migratory Bird Council.

 

How this one ended up in Fidel’s hands…it would probably be better not to think about it. But it was definitely very precious.

 

Kade rolled the leaf into a ball and put it into his mouth; it had a very minty flavour.

 

As he swallowed the Nature’s Leaf, his first Spell appeared in his Skill Window.

 

Vine Metamorphosis

 

Effect: You can turn any part of your body into a vine, which can be barbed (or not) depending on the Caster’s decision.

 

It’s unexpectedly this Spell. A very useful Spell…but the description is a little suspicious. Any body part?

 

Kade felt amused.

 

The Nature God who created this consumable using the Leaves of the World Tree…it was rumoured that some of her followers had, interesting, ceremonies.

 

***

After learning his first Spell, Kade hurried North in a cheerful mood. The atmosphere this time was quiet, and he didn’t meet another unusual Ghost Uprising.

 

But, when he was about to arrive at Skull Valley, he met another Necromancer.

 

More precisely, an Apprentice Necromancer.

 

When Kade passed by, he suddenly appeared from the cemetery to the left, with a small army of twelve Skeletons.

 

Upon seeing Kade, he didn’t say a word and merely ordered the group of Skeletons to attack.

 

This was the more normal reaction for Necromancers, they were extremely hostile to Humans--unlike that strange Fidel, who entered the Despair Hills to chase after his girl.

 

Kade wasn’t afraid, he unsheathed his Kingfisher Longsword with a grin.

 

It may have been troublesome if it was a 2nd Rank Necromancer--but an Apprentice wanted to play…Kade would play.

3