Volume 5 – Chapter 1
3k 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Hakaru, and a few months ago, I started dating my childhood friend. Tonight, I planned to have sex with her. Thus, I was dressed up in a nice suit, and I came up to her front door. I was driving a car my parents let me borrow, and I had a box with a flower corsage in it. You see, this was the night of the Junior Prom.

I knocked on the front door softly. After hearing some movement and some voices behind it, the door eventually clicks open, and a beautiful woman opens it.

“Hakaru!” Sasori smiles, come on in.”

I return the smile and then enter the house.

She walks and then turns, bending her finger and gesturing for me to come over. I followed behind her until we reached the couch. She gestured, and I sat down.

“Kira is upstairs getting ready. She’s joining us once she’s gotten dressed in something appropriate.”

“Ah, I see… so it’s just you and me for the moment.” I looked up at her.

“I suppose, since you’re our guest, I should show you some hospitality, huh?”

I lean back on the couch, spreading my arms. “I won’t object.”

She gets down on her knees and reaches forward, grabbing something lying on the floor. Then she gets back up and turns around. “I’ll go fetch some cookies, okay?”

“Yes, Mrs. Fukumi.”

She turned and walked off into the kitchen while I made myself comfortable and waited for Kira to come down. When she did come down the stairway, my mouth couldn’t help but fall open.

“Kira?”

She blushed. “How do I look?”

She had done up her hair and makeup. She was wearing contacts instead of glasses. She also had a very cute dress. Compared to the somewhat nerdy girl I had fallen in love with, this was a drop-dead beauty.

“Ah… you look adorable.” The voice came from her mom, who was standing in the doorway of the kitchen with a platter of cookies in her hand.

“Mom!”

“What?” She chuckled. “I just can’t believe my little girl is actually going to prom! You two have grown up so fast. Why, the other day, you were just childhood friends. When you started growing apart, I thought it would never happen. Now… I’m just so happy…”

“M-mom! Don’t cry!”

“My little girl is going to be leaving home soon!” She suddenly bawled.

Kira ran over to comfort her mother while I sat there uncomfortably, and she wept. “It’s okay, mom! I’ll write a bunch, and I will visit!”

“Ever… since your dad left us. I’ve just felt so lonely.” She sniffled. “Once you’re gone, I’ll be truly alone.”

“No… I’ll come and visit, I promise.” Kira stroked her head reassuringly. “Plus, there is also Hakaru.”

“Hakaru?” She lifted her head and raised an eyebrow.

“I mean, he’ll come and visit too! Right, Hakaru?”

“Ah! R-right!” I stood up. “If you need anything, I’m here.”

“Thank you, Hakaru.” She said lightly and then sighed. “But there are some things a young boy just can’t provide a woman.”

“M-mom!” Kira’s face went white. “D-don’t be a pervert! He’s even a student in your class.”

I blushed red too, getting what she was saying. It must truly be lonely being a single mom. It had been almost six months since her husband had been sent to jail over some scandal. That was probably a long time for a woman of her age. I couldn’t remember well what that scandal was, but Kira and her mom didn’t like talking about it.

“I was just making a joke!” Miss Fukumi fended off her daughter, who was trying to hit her from embarrassment. “I’m sorry daughter!”

“Oh… before I forget, here!” I pulled out a corsage flower which I had picked out with the help of my mother. “This is for you.”

“Oh, my, isn’t that pretty?” Sasori smiled at her daughter.

It was Kira’s turn to blush as she shyly accepted the corsage. “I’ll go to the bathroom and pin it on now!”

She rushed off to hide her face. It was apparently too much for her. We had only started dating recently, so not only was this prom, but it was a third month anniversary. Kira had hinted that we’d finally do it for the first time. I tried not to think about that, but how could a boy my age not think about sex every time it came up? Now that the night finally came, I was really anxious. I had a hotel room key in my pocket, which I had rented with Derek earlier, and now I was very nervous.

“So, will you guys finally do it?” Sasori suddenly asked.

“I’m hoping so. That hotel room wasn’t cheap… ah! I mean!”

She held up her hands and laughed. “It’s okay, Hakaru! I’m a teacher who has been around innumerable students. I’m not so naïve as to not understand the importance of prom to many young adults. I was that age too, once.”

“Right… of course…” If I was uncomfortable before, I was completely out of it now.

“I know you don’t want to even think about sex around an old lady like me, but this is my daughter we’re talking about, so I want to make sure you’re safe.”

“S-safe?”

“Ah! Right… I guess this is my gift to you then!” She pulled out a bag from her purse, which was resting on the table and then handed it to me.

I looked in the bag to see a box of condoms. I immediately shut it and jumped.

“Ah! I mean, I brought a condom!”

“One?” Sasori smirked. “You guys are doing it for the first time. Are you sure one is enough?”

“Ah… ah…”

“You’re bound to screw up putting on at least one, so it’s good to have a bunch. Plus, your idiot friends will probably forget to bring one, and you’ll be their hero. You can thank me later.”

“O-okay…” I nodded, feeling somewhat strange to be handed condoms by my teacher.

“Oh, and that stuff has spermicide on it, so don’t let her suck it once you do that, or it’ll make her tongue all numb.”

“S-suck?”

“Mmm…” She suddenly approached me closer, her eyes turning slightly lustful. “Although, if it was me, I’m on the pill, so you could put it in raw if you want.”

“What?”

“I said… you… can… cum… in… me… anytime.” She pronounced every word, her head coming to the point she was about to kiss me.

She stopped, confusion slashing in her eyes before she took a step back and shook her head. “Ah… what did I…”

“Are you okay?” I asked, feeling both aroused and confused.

She suddenly looked up at me, and her face turned rigid. “I don’t know why I said that. I’m so sorry. Please… don’t say anything to anyone. It was just…”

She didn’t finish as Kira came out of the bathroom at that point. She showed her chest proudly, which now had a corsage clipped to it.

“Only had to poke myself five times, but I got it!” She declared, then glanced down at the bag in my hands. “What’s that?”

“Ah! Nothing important, just my lunch!” I put it in my back pocket.

“Hey! Let me get some photos of you two before you go!” Sasori butts in, further distracting Kira.

I didn’t know what happened that had caused Sasori to suddenly say such weird things. For a moment, it felt like she was hitting on me. For an even shorter moment, it felt normal that she should be hitting on me. I was actually tempted to reciprocate. What kind of bastard would I be if I molested the mother of the woman I was dating? Sasori tried to avoid my eyes, and I did the same. She took a few photographs of us, and then bid us farewell.

The pair of us got into a car and drove to the high school. It had only reopened recently. It had been shut down for a few months after a scandal. I couldn’t remember much about what I did over that time, but I did clearly remember finally sealing the deal with Kira when I came back. We had been dating ever since, and I didn’t regret a moment of it. Kira was refined, beautiful, and smart. She was much more than a loser like me deserved.

“Mom has kind of been weird these last few months,” Kira said. “I don’t know… she just acts… like she’s missing something.”

“Oh?” I acted politely, but after what just happened, I wasn’t sure how comfortable I was talking about that woman.

“I don’t know. I’m kind of with her. I’ve had a sense that something was off. Like… I don’t know… that this is all a dream?”

“It’s not a dream,” I responded. “I’m very happy with my life the way it is right now.”

She nodded thoughtfully, “I suppose so… is there really nothing wrong at home?”

I thought about it for a moment. “My dad and mom have been banging like rabbits.”

“Hakaru!” She gave a glare.

“What? It’s true? Dad and mom used to be really a part, but they just can’t keep their hands off each other anymore.”

“Hmm… well that isn’t a bad thing, I guess…” she folded her arms across her chest and admitted.

“As for my sister…” I shook my head, a strange image of her naked flashing in my head for a second, which was a weird thing to see. “Ah… she’s in full college mode. She really changed this last year. More focused. She used to be obsessed with boys and popularity, but now the only thing she cares about is studying… oh… and making my life a hell.”

She seemed to have turned kind of mean to me recently. She used to ignore me, but now she doesn’t. Rather, she seems on my case all the time. It was almost like she was obsessed with me or something.

I kept those thoughts to myself while I pulled into the high school’s nearly-full parking lot and looked for a place we could park.

“Hakaru! Hey!” As I got out of the car and we started heading for the auditorium the dance was being held at.

“Yo, Derek!”

“Hey man, your date is looking hot!”

“Uh… yeah… yours too.”

Kira gave Derek a cold expression. One of the reasons I didn’t feel jealous is because I knew Kira despised Derek. I didn’t know how to feel about him complimenting my date in such a way, but that was simply the way Derek was. He was dressed in a nice outfit like me. On his arm was Akiko, my former girlfriend. That was part of the reason she didn’t like him. The two of them were dating now, and she thought I should have dumped him as a friend once he decided to pick up my ex-girlfriend.

Strangely enough, she had no issues with Akiko. In fact, she smiled at Akiko, almost fondly. The two had never been friends that I knew of, but for some reason, once I started dating Kira, Akiko, and she became best friends. When I asked, she said something about how if I had never been with Akiko, then I never would have ended up with Kira.

When I looked Akiko up and down, she lowered her head and blushed. She was easily as pretty as Kira in her own way. However, even Kira might get angry if I looked at her too long, so I quickly turned my head. Kira put out her hand, and Akiko grabbed it, the pair moving off to chatter, leaving Derek and me alone.

“Man, I’m hyped about tonight!” Derek said, “You got your room, right?”

“Yeah, of course! Do you know how hard it is for teens to get a hotel room?”

“Actually, I heard there was this gaming studio last year where you could rent a private room with your girl, but it got shut down. I guess the dude was a bit of a pervert.”

I leaned close. “That was Kira’s brother.”

“Seriously? Damn. Small world. Hey, if her brother’s a horny freak, you know… maybe it runs in the family.”

“Stop!” I made a face as Derek laughed and punched my shoulder.

The two of us laughed and chatted as we made our way into the Dance. There was a line going in, and we had to wait. The girls stood together in front of us. They were whispering, occasionally looking back at us with coy looks. Starting to feel nervous, I leaned over to Derek.

“Are you and Akiko really going to… you know… all the way?”

“That’s the plan.” He shrugged. “Back when she was dating you, she showed all kinds of interest in me… ah… sorry…”

“No, it’s fine. It was really the best thing that could happen. I got closer to Kira, and you managed to get a beautiful girl too.”

He nodded, but then looked a bit uncertain. “It’s just… she hasn’t been showing much interest in me since this. It was hot and heavy early on, but for the last 3 months, she won’t touch me.”

“I said it was okay, not that I wanted to hear about it.”

“That’s right, you and Kira haven’t even done it yet, right?”

“It’ll be tonight,” I said, although it was partially to reassure myself.

“Then, let’s go together as brothers.” He raised his fist. “You get to pop your beauty, and I break our 3-month dry spell.”

I raised my fist and bumped his. “Alright. I’ll bump to that.”

The pair of us headed into prom.

13