Ch. 34 Them Again
621 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 34

Them Again

 

-POV Young Master-
-about two months prior-

Father finally allowed me to return to No-Shu forest. To find my future pet, the Class 6 Dragon-eyed fox.

He again assigned the hunter Hao Ren,1actual chinese name, means 'good guy'. I'm using it ironically as well as his own trusted assistant, the seer Si Yu. Additionally, we were assigned a few inner disciples, all Tier 2. And the six of us were loaned 3 mounts, a set of Tier 3 Elemental Tigers. One Water, one Fire, and one Stone. These Beasts have been tamed, made completely loyal to the sect, and by extention me, by powerful mental techniques. Our storage rings were filled with tents, food and supplies of course.

The real reasons for the disciples to join us are first, to keep me from having to labor on my own behalf like last time. Once Father found out about that, he was almost as livid as I was while living through it. Second they need training for their own advancements, and our outing is supposedly a good opportunity. And third, I need experience leading others for when I am to take over the sect in the future.

Now just over a full month after Si Yu had finally located the blasted fox, we can finally set out. It turns out she has been to the exact location before, it's just some random minor sect's ruins. The biggest reason we had not set out within a week was due to her prediction of strife befalling the sect, but with a month of no news, we were allowed to begin our Dragon-fox quest.

Honestly, since the forest is such a low-Level area, how could a Dragon-descended Beast be born? Despite being tamed, its mother could never explain it to me. I'm inclined to believer her though, she still has only one tail, as a Tier 1 fox. If she even rated as Class 2 herself, she would have gained a second tail when she reached her first Tier. The only reason I even bother keeping her around is to serve as bait.

We would have been faster using Si Yu's flying sword, but it can't carry 6 people, thus the mounts. So the first part of our journey takes us along the various run-down towns between our glorious sect and the stupid forest.

. . .

It takes us about 2 weeks to make the 5000+ kilometer trip to the forest's edge. Some Tier 2 horses would have been faster, with their better stamina. But tigers, moreso Elemental ones, are vastly superior in a fight over cud-chewers. Of course we stayed in the town's best inn each time. We're not savages. Though sometimes the best leaves a lot to be desired.

Once we reach the forest, there's no easy trail to follow. So it takes another 4 weeks to travel the ~2500 kilometers to reach the sect's ruins at the mountain.

. . .

And there we find. . Nothing. No buildings, no huts,2yes that's redundant to you and me, but this is an entitled prick's viewpoint. so shacks and the like don't count as real buildings no roads, not even any crops.

Just a useless waterfall, a bunch of empty caves, a bigger bunch of old craters, and a moldy basement. One of the lackeys had gotten a minor injury by triggering a trap on the stairs, but there wasn't anything useful inside.

Then the hunter found an herb garden.

Much of them at 10 years, some nearly at 100.

So someone has been here recently for certain. And they'll probably know about my fox we are looking for. We just have to look around to see if they are in hiding. And if they aren't, then we'll hide ourselves to ambush them.

. .

The hunter Hao Ren found a fresh grave overlooking the valley. So I ordered him and the 3 lackeys to dig it up. They found a dried up old skeleton.

An ancient skeleton in a fresh grave? Curious. But useless.

It had been buried with personal items, so I examine them just to pass the time. Junk, trash, refuse, garbage, useless, worthless, broken.

!

An Omni Sage Region Token!

Even without getting the fox yet, this expedition has already been worth it!

But there is still no sign of the herbs' gardener. Or my fox.

I tell everyone we're going to set up an ambush here, but no idea when it will come back.

To the tamed Beasts, our 3 mounts plus the fox's mother, I instruct them to hunt on their own nearby for now. But bring back all the Beast cores they obtain, as well as some fresh meat for the rest of us. But also keep a lookout for any sign of the fox and to let us know right away.

. .

Maybe this vixen is not so bad to have around, it captured a Tier 1 rabbit for me. Such a delicious meal it was. Its silken fur is not bad either, a pleasantly soft amber color. I could probably have it made into something for Miss Mo Ron. She has been receptive to my advances so far.

But still, my new pet shouldn't keep me waiting out here in the wilderness for so long. It had better just hurry back to greet its rightful new master.

-POV MC-
-2½ weeks later-

Right about midnight, the night after I reached 18 months old, my mountain home came into view. So I started to slow down to come in for landing.

But then, I noticed several auras visible with my [Dragon's Eye]. Too many and too strong. 6 in total, two about as strong as Kara, three more equal to my other bitches.

And one nearly as strong as all of us added together. Well, that's without using my Unique Abilities.

I bring us down about a dozen miles (20km) away. Hopefully they didn't notice. But only a fool relies on an opponent's incompetence. I kept us flying through, to avoid leaving a trail. Circling around while approaching so if they do investigate, it won't be anywhere near us.

Uncle) 'Why the scenic route?'

Zo Ro) 'Our home has been invaded. I saw 6 waiting in ambush. So I intend to ambush them back.'

While dodging trees, I kept a certain Eye out for others. After a few minutes, I spotted a group out and about.

It was one of the local packs. So we stop to chat.

U) 'Hello. We've returned victorious. Any news about who stole our home while we were out?'

Wolf1) 'That's good to hear, Lords. Stupid bastards messing with wolves just raises my hackles.'

W2) 'As for your mountain, it's currently occupied by six human cultivators. They came riding in on some tigers almost 20 days ago. Some of them are pretty strong though, are you sure you can handle it?'

U) . . 'Maybe. Anything to distinguish who they are or where they're from?'

W2) 'I saw their robes up close. It was orange, with a crescent moon.'

Z) 'Them again. Now I don't have to look for him.3the Fantastic Mr. Fox event mentioned in the comments You said there's six of them, I already saw where they were. But what about their mounts, the tigers?'

W3) 'They have been out hunting. Encroaching on our territory, trying to push us away. But they can't easily fight our whole pack, so we've been at a stalemate for now.'

W1) 'Right now, one of them is about 2 kilometers east of here.'

W2) 'Another is 3 kilometers west.'

. .

Z) 'Okay, I have an plan. Your pack won't be needed, so clear out for now. And spread the word.'

W3) 'What word?'

17