Ch. 48 This’ll Learn ‘Em
459 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 48

This'll Learn 'Em

 

I go through the captured not-bandits. Putting the same basic slave spell on the rest of them as I did on the first. At least, on the ones still alive.

Then the most injured among them each recieve one of the healing pills.

Zo Ro) 'All you newcomers gather up! . What's your name, little girl?'

Raccoon girl) "This little one. . is called. . Po. . Puri."

Z) 'That is a beautiful name. But this meeting is for the fake bandits. You can wait with Auntie Kara.'

P) "I'm sorry. . Great Lord."

Z) 'It's alright. (turn toward the rousing rabble) First, who is your leader? (they all point towards me) I meant who was in charge of the rest of you before I came here? (One fellow with an injured shoulder and a missing leg raises his good hand. The rest point towards him) Hu Go? Elder of the autumn crescent sect?'

Go) "That's right, Master. How did you know?"

Lang) 'Uncle? What are you doing here?'

G) "What? A damn wolf thinks it's my family?"

Z) 'He used to be Hu Man, young master of the autumn crescent sect. But now he's my obedient pet. However we're here to discuss yourselves.'

G) "I'm sorry, Master."

Z) 'Second question, who among you killed any of my wolf beastkins over there?'

While I motion towards Kara and others, two more raise their hands.

Z) 'The three of you stand over here.'

I use my paw to point to my 2 o'clock.

Z) 'Now who among you are at Tier 2?'

All but one in the left group raise their hands.

Z) 'And who are Tier 3?'

The other one remaining, as well as all three on the right raise their hands. Well, one of them raises a stump instead. I point to the last fellow on the left.

Z) 'You, go sit in between the two groups.'
'Now the real questions begin. Hu Go, why did the sect send you all to capture me by using my servants as bait?'

G) "Reporting to Master. The Elder Council determined that a promising pill refiner without any affiliation has emerged. They were determined to employ him by any means."

Z) 'Were you or your sect also involved in a break-in a few months ago at Silver River City? The one which targeted my same servants?'

G) "Reporting to Master. I was uninvolved, but the Autumn Crescent sect did attack your servants and the inn they were staying in."

Lauhu) 'Did you also target me? About 10 days ago?'

. .

Z) 'Answer her question.'

G) "Reporting to Master. No, we did not. I do not know who did."

Z) 'Do you know of any other plots or potential plans against me or mine?'

G) "Reporting to Master. No, I do not know."

Z) 'Enough of that "Reporting" nonsense. Prim and proper etiquette is only good for two things in my opinion. Overinflating egos and wasting time. Before I decide what to do with you all, I want the four of you to tell me your current Levels.'

G) "Nine."

2) "Eight."

3) "Nine."

4) "Seven."

. .

Z) 'A quick reminder, you'll have a Lightning Tribulation when going from Tier 3 to Tier 4?'

2) "Yes, Master."

Z) 'Okay, I've decided. In the next few days, I'll reinforce the slave-seals on you all.'
'Until I send you three back to your sect, you will cultivate every waking moment. Using my Qi Stones. (toss a pile of 'em) Until you are on the verge of breaking through to Tier 4. You'll delay that breakthrough until the right moment.'
'When you get back to your sect, call a meeting with the Elders to discuss, and quote me, that disaster.'
'Keep your new loyalty to me, and everything else about me, a secret. If they need any more information first, tell them everyone else was killed or captured, and you expect they have already been executed.'
'Once the meeting begins, the three of you will immediately breakthrough, calling down a triple-Tribulation inside the meeting hall. At that point, each of you will rush toward a different Elder that is vital to the running of the sect. And if you survive to the end of your Tribulations, or if someone tries to kill you in order to end them, then you must also detonate your cultivation.'
'I'll have more details for you three later.'

Waving my paw in the direction of the seated one in the middle. 'You will stay with me in the long term.'
'And the rest of you will help my cultivation along. Any objections?'

. .

'Any questions?'

Rando) "Yes, Master. How are we to help you in your cultivation?"

Z) 'Don't worry about that. It'll be simple and easy for you. In fact you might be able to do it in your sleep.'

Rando2) "Are we supposed to return to the sect as well, Master?"

Z) 'No, just the three over there will return to the sect, and attack them on my behalf.'

Rando3) "What is your name, Master?"

Z) 'Zo Ro. In the language of another world, that means "Fox". Like how Hu Go's wolf nephew over there is now surnamed Lang.'1reminder, it's chinese for wolf
'That's Mister Wolf to you'
sorry

3) "Why do you want us to attack our own sect, Master?"

Z) 'Because your attack earlier today was the fourth one your sect sent against me and mine. . That I know about. It's time for revenge. . No, that's not the right word. It's time for justice.'

G) "Do you think sending just us three, even using Lightning Tribulations to attack, will be enough to hurt them?"

Z) 'That's actually a good point. .'
'Okay, all three of you need to make a Celestial Vow to not break through to Tier 4. Then your triple-Tribulation will be combined with a triple-Celestial Tribulation.'
'This will greatly strengthen your attack against those who wish to enslave me, your beloved Master. If that's not enough, then what is?'2Most cultivators will prepare for their Tribulation by going off into seclusion. With no-one around to be hurt accidentally by the sheer POWER of the Lightnin' Smitin'. Going through their Tribulation in the middle of a sect? That's like dropping a bunker buster in Times Square -or your country's equivalent-. And the Celestial Tribulation upgrades that analogy to almost a tactical nuke. (Later Tribulations are stronger to match the people they aim at)
Now multiply that by 3, arranged for just a slight overlap, and thrown in the middle of a board meeting!

G) (smile) "Yes, I think that will work, Master."

Z) 'As an opening volley at least.'
oh good. I was worried they would object to being volunteered as suicide bombers. Especially since the Celestial Tribulations will destroy their very souls, meaning they can no longer even reincarnate afterwards.

'Kara! Come here!'

K) "Yes, Master?"

Z) 'Did you hear our discussion?'

K) "Yes, Master."

Z) 'Do you have anything to add to it?'

K) "How do you plan to have them return when he is missing his leg?"

Z) 'That's actually one of the reasons I called you over. But first, weren't there two orphans? I only saw the raccoon girl, Po Puri.'

K) "The fake bandit who tried to hold her hostage has killed her brother. You weren't here yet, so he wanted to rape the girl."

Z) 'But she can't even be ten yet. That is one sick bastard. . What was the poor boy's name?'

K) "Po Boi."3Whichever god is in charge of this world has a poor sense of humor.

*Wachooo!* (sniff)

K) "Are you alright Master?"

Z) 'Probably just some rotten bastard talking smack about me.'

K) "What is "talking smack?"

Z) 'Rediculous insults often meant to start a fight. But that's not important right now. Gather up the boy's body, as well as your sisters', for a proper burial. And the leader's missing leg for Kujo's dinner. Then have all the storage devices returned to their owners. While you're doing that I'll replace their missing limbs. Then it's time to return and have dinner.'

. .

For Hu Go, the missing leg was cut off at the base of the thigh, just a bit above the knee.

Oh, right! first thing is cut off my own sense of pain temporarily.

{NO PAIN}

*CHOP*

{BIND MY LEG TO THIS MAN AND MY BLOOD TO HIS BLOOD
TO MAKE ALL MY SPELLS CARVED IN HIS FLESH BECOME PERMANENT}

G) "MASTER! How could you do such a thing to yourself for this little me?"

Z) 'My limbs will regrow themselves in a day or so. And this way you'll be more useful to me.'

Then this other guy, his right arm is missing 1/3 the way down from his elbow. Heh, that's just great. Now I have to write left-pawed.

*CHOP*

{BIND MY ARM TO THIS MAN AND MY BLOOD TO HIS BLOOD
TO MAKE ALL MY SPELLS CARVED IN HIS FLESH BECOME PERMANENT}

Z) 'Is everything gathered up and organized?'

K+G) ""Yes, Master.""

Uncle) 'So we have some new "friends"?'

Z) 'Most of them just temporary. Alright we're heading back. Kara, you'll have to be my legs until I have all four again.'

K) "🤩 Yes Master! 😊"

Z) 'How did you blush through fur? Nevermind, it's time to go.'

I use Barrier-airlines to bring us back at a decent speed, shielded from the wind.

4) "Master. How can you carry so many, without even using a flying sword."

Z) 'You forgot "at only Tier 2." It's one of my Unique Abilities. And we were going about ten times faster the other way. Even if we couldn't win the fight, you lot couldn't have possibly stopped me from fleeing.'
'But wouldn't it be easier to inscribe a flight array onto a shield? And then you would also have more room to sit down upon.'

3) "But then you couldn't use it as a weapon."

Z) 'With enough velocity, anything is a weapon. Even a berry or a grain of rice.'
'Besides, just sharpen one edge of that shield, and you can also use it as a heavy saber.'

🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

Z) 'What's with those looks?'

. . .

After about 40 minutes, at about 300 miles per hour (500kph) the forest that would soon be our home no longer, came back into view.

Z) 'Okay, now how do we find the exact spot without setting off some fireworks?'
'Nevermind, I recognize that tree.'

And I bank to the right a bit.

. .

Z) 'Or was it that one?'

And a hard left.

. . We eventually made it back.

Miti) "Welcome back Master. Who did you bring with you?"

Z) 'Just some new friends. First order of business: Dinner. Nani, gently roast the man's leg for Kujo to eat. Everyone else, dig in. Everything else can wait.'

9