Chapter 2
211 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Unexpected outcome

By the time I had come to my senses, it was already morning. Am I in heaven or something? Anyway, since it seems that the pain I felt from my chest is gone, and the biting pain that came from my slashed leg is also gone. I stood up from my position.

Lifting my head up, I felt that my head had become a little bit heavier than usual. Another thing was that my clothes had gotten a little bit loose, the clothes that barely fitted me at all is now loose. How come?

I held up my face with my arms, but what I saw was a slim white arm like that of a girl’s. Unable to examine the situation, I walked towards the bathroom dragging my clothes behind.

“Who?” Eh? Where? heard a voice from behind the mirror, what stood in front of me was a female version of myself was reflected from the mirror, Black hair to the waist and my faint purple eyes had fully become purple, or violet depending on the light that’s being reflected.

“IS this, me?” Without expecting any reply, I slowly touched my face. Then...
“Ouch” with a pinch I confirmed that this isn’t a dream either, or was it a hallucination.

Heck, I don’t even need to check what’s gone or what’s new, by the looks alone I could concur that it is a bonafide girl.
“Ah well, I said it myself. I won’t regret anything, but this!? Isn’t this just too much?” I don’t know how and why I turned into a woman, but since those goddamn gods gave me a chance to suffer again, let’s just utilize it to the fullest shall we? 

“Non-existent chest, slim body, and cute looks…” I just couldn’t remove my eye from the mirror. Like, was this my body right? Right?

“Well, I have decided. First and foremost, I’m leaving this wretched place” yes, after all, that. I wanted to live a free life rather than being holed up in the basement until I die of old age. With all my skills and experiences, I could earn some money on the way. But I don’t have the strength to fight at all which was a problem in the outside world with the monsters and dangerous impurities roaming about, sigh.

“Any way that voice" I suddenly remembered the voice that spoke in my head when I took those pills. It said something about "Status?” as a board appeared in my eyes when i was screaming in pain.  Alas, with thoughts alone, as if it was waiting for activation, a board appeared right in front of my face.

“Isn’t this what those ‘inspectors’ use? Did I somehow change into an inspector or something!?” Anyhow, Inspectors are a class that as the name suggests, inspects their subjects and relays the information with a transparent board. i have read this kind of information from my father's books which he gave me full authority to use since books in this world are either owned by a kingdom in a form of a library or it was just something expensive for commoners alike to purchase.

“Name is still the same, Skills? Oh, it seems I have a few new ones huh?” As a blacksmith, or any kind of class out there, one cannot have a skill outside of their original class; Even if it’s a subclass it is very limited.

Anyway, the first of them is called <Implement>; this name didn’t show up from the books I have read up until now. So maybe it is a random or even useless skill. By it’s named, what will be implemented?

The second was called < Aether >, a weird name. And third is called < Recall >, from what I think one of the ruler type heroes from the legends had this skill. But I don’t remember which one of them had this…

Anyhow, all these three skills sound mysterious but I have a hunch that they will be of use later on.
“Now that’s done and checked, This status board will come in handy later on” I have no other way to know how to use the new skills so I just left the thinking for later and focused on the main problem.

“ Now I need new clothes... “ I don’t have any clothes for women other than my mother’s in the storage. Even though I haven’t seen my mother at all when I was still little, My damned father still kept her belongings as a keep safe, A remembrance of sorts. It felt like she was someone, a stranger to me but sometimes something important in my life who gave birth to me.

“O’ Esteemed mother, May I borrow Thine clothes” I clasped my hands and prayed, then walked towards to the back of the house and came out with the whole chest containing her clothes, and already wearing one.

“Just a simple shirt and simple pants, it won’t hurt right?" Furthermore, wearing the clothes she had suspiciously fitted me well, Scary.
“The pain is gone, but the shock lingers. Those *itches. “ Now that my shop is literally empty, I could leave this damn place, right?

‘if father were alive he’d punch the hell out of me for even thinking that, but now as a girl? Kekeke, impossible” Well it is true, this shop is my father’s only inheritance to me alongside the abundant resources below the house. Now that I have nothing to do, I’ll pack up my belongings and leave this place once and for all. I want to live my life to the fullest after all.

“I could make money along the way if I wanted to, But that’ll be inefficient. Hmm, Let’s be an adventurer in the meantime. So for now let’s make me some fine gear!” If I were to leave this place without someone to manage, someone might loot this place clean, which I wouldn’t permit so I think of leaving this place laden full of traps, that should do the job.

“even if I had to make this damn house into a dungeon, At least it’ll make this place a little bit safer”

Saying goodbye to the storefront which is now in ruins, I walked my way down into the basement to forge myself some equipment. As I walked down the stairs, The light automatically lit up with an unknown mechanism.

“No matter how I frequently pass this path, it still boggles me how this works. Is it by magic engineering or just some carved magic? “From the books my father had left, some had this kind of technology in the writings, but not this complicated. All it had was a simple on and off switch, then the rest is either magic scripted to function or others.

“Sigh, I’ll soon leave so it's better to learn a thing or two from these. For now let’s just collect the swords, armors, and shields I have created over the years “ Well, other than being holed up in this place, I had created a rather peculiar hobby to smelt swords that didn’t get my approval, and so I went on re-forging them.

“All the swords in the basement are all iron melted for over a thousand times. I was even quite surprised that the ‘iron’ I had been melting over and over again became quite more durable and strong. If I compare it, it is even stronger than hardened Damascus, which is the main point of my smelting. ” The swords I have re-forged had all had the layered pattern symbolizing that it was crafted with layers, Except that layer is just my constant reheating and smelting.

“Funny isn’t it. Normal iron became harder than carbon, but it still isn’t as hard as titanium, which is harder and denser than steel. “ I have arrived at the lower floor, Aka: the workshop. And in the corner of the space was a glass lid that covered a piece of broken titanium shield.

“It needs a temperature over 1,600+ Celsius, which isn’t possible with my current kindles, A normal dried wood, and an almost empty sack of coal.  “ It wouldn’t have enough flame to cover the duration it needed to be melted and the heat it requires to melt it.

“A bag of coal cost 5gold, and normal firewood cost for just a silver, short of 9silvers to complete a gold coin. “ I looked over the amount of wood I had and it's only just sufficient to craft me some light equipment.

“Sigh, If I just had firestones which cost for a measly 20gold per piece. Either I had to be an adventurer or a wealthy merchant to be able to buy just a piece. Well, my store just got looted and all I have is around 200gold. “ while the forefront was looted clean, I have saved up most of my belongings in the basement which wouldn't able to access by strangers who doesn't have my permission. It was all thanks to my father's incredible crafts.

“Well, I’ll just go use the little bit of firewood I have to create myself a simple sword, maybe a rapier? They say it’s light and easy to use. Stab-stab-stab they say, am I going to become a hacksaw? “


10coppers > 1silver = A bag of apples
10silvers > 1gold  = two Kfc Meals
100gold> 1Great gold = 1expensive SUV
Spoilers: Etc.

4