Chapter 13
73 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13: The bully and the bread

 

The word that came out from Noelle’s mouth shocked the other members of the party as I stopped my lips from opening any further. From the books that I have read from my father’s collection, a <Mania> is a class that is non-specified. Meaning, It can be either a Production, Support, or Combat class.

Since Mania was introduced as a class very recently; some consider it as just a hoax or just some non-sensual rumor. This was true, in most cases. Not only that but Mania is a class that doesn’t have any skills, to begin with, which solidified the rumors. So it is basically a skill-less class, but that doesn’t make it is useless.

My father once told me,
“They are notorious for not using any ‘Fake’ Skills; they show their strength through their own ‘power’. So if you happen to meet one, Stell, Respect them”
for the last sentence, however, since the rumors and stuff, Mania Class has been suspected as a low-life job.

Alas, just about 20 years ago that perspective was changed from the inside out. A group of adventurers ventured out into the abyss of the world and fought for humanity, and that is of course talking, a <Mania> class accompanied them in their journey.

Those same adventurers had their identities masked, But they were famous nonetheless. They were even considered Heroes, but it just ends there. Ruler class or not, they were still simple humans against hoards of monsters capable of annihilating cities with just a swing of their limbs all on their own.

Now, enough talking, and let’s get back to the point. Viole’s face was bewildered as if she had seen a wright. She seemed ghastly pale considering her skin was porcelain white under her dazzlingly Reddish vermilion cloak.  Her eyes spoke true to her thoughts,

“That… I’m so sorry but…”
“Umu. The last of their kind is right here”
“Understood, then I will keep this as a secret”

The <Mania> user, who accompanied the hero’s journey, was the last. That person was the last <Mania> ever recorded after that. They disappeared out of nowhere until one day, and I heard from the rumors that apparently their body had been found dead somewhere inside of a deep, deep forest.

A class can be inherited, but it cannot be passed so whimsically. If the parents were to have different classes, there is a 50/50 chance that said the class could be inherited. 

The two were talking to each other in their own world, while I cooked breakfast. The rest of Viole’s team were chatting in their own space with the merchant, and Xavier was on the lookout on top of the carriage they’re guiding. Since Noelle had been busy talking to Viole, I just left the two alone to chatter and woke up Alexis inside of the carriage.

Smooth blonde hair with a pinch of hazelnut hue on the tip of her hair, Golden eyebrows, and a beautiful face, A symbol of royalty. The clothes she’s wearing were still the same ones before she got ambushed, Meaning she hasn’t taken a bath at all but her scent stayed sweet no matter how much sweat there was.

Well enough of that, I poked Alexis’s cheeks and said to her,
“Oi wake up little princess, We still haven’t discussed the payment”
And as the last part of my words, Whispered into her ears carefully as to not disturb her.

“Mmm…  Viel… Don’t leave me..”
It seems that the recent ambush still haunted her even in her dreams. Poor girl, But payment is a payment. I’ll ask it later, but since she hasn’t eaten anything since last night or maybe even the day before that, I forcefully woke her up.

“No! Demon! Don’t take my money! Here I’ll pay you accordingly, How much!?”
“This brat… “
Feeling guilty, even though she was still asleep, I knew what I had to do. So I let out a sigh and slapped her thighs, That should teach her a lesson to respect her elders even if it’s for a bit.

“Krieeeeee!!!”
“Oh your awake, Thank god. Now, get up or else I'll seriously take all of your money”
“Noooo!!”
“Big sister please stop teasing her like that”
“Oh Noelle, how was the chit-chat? “
“Went well. “

From the expression Noelle is making, it seems that she has made another friend. Well, I was the first though. Anyways, since Alexis has awoken and the two are done with their chit-chat, I offered everyone on my carriage a bowl and some tough bread wherein we dipped it into a simple soup made from dried veggies and fresh meat to soften it.

Viole gave out a laugh with a gulp then dug in right after. Noelle ate the food she was given pretty easily, considering it wasn’t as good as her place. She still ate the food I made wholeheartedly.
*wink*
‘Seriously this girl, She even managed to show off I thought. The bowl and everything else were clean and dry as if it wasn’t used at all, She had eaten all of it.

While on the other hand, Alexis was still ripping the bread in half with her white teeth. Now that I think about it, putting Noelle’s place aside. Royalty like Alexis neither experienced eating tough bread nor dipping it in a soup to make it soft. A person like Alexis seems to have eaten something like soft bread, just like the one served from Noelle’s place every day.

When I first took a bite out of it, I was expecting it to be hard but surprisingly it went in easily. (Out of context, Please don’t sexualize) It was sweet as if it was made from fruit and was really tender, I was even preparing to use the soup that was served in front of me as a remedy, But it seems that wasn’t the case at all.

The father and daughter gave out a laugh while I bathed in satisfaction from the taste I had just received. Anyways, since seeing that Alexis doesn’t know how things work from a commoner’s point of view I taught her the techniques to eat tough bread.

“You dip it into this thing I gave you to make it softer, get it?”
“ Yes I know, so don’t just Shove it into my mouth!”

When I grabbed her bread, I showed a demonstration with her as the subject. Dipping the tough bread into the soup, I shoved it into her mouth. Feels refreshing, doesn't it?

“oh my”
“That seems intense”
“Noelle close your eyes”

5