Chapter 2 I got some explaining to do!
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 I got some explaining to do!

Sarah’s POV

 

If the plan had worked Hoja would’ve been blamed but now Bennetti’s men or what was left of them were discovered to be involved in this meant Bennetti had inside help to set me up. Internal Affairs was going to be up my ass for the next six months. But several Arrests involving Bennetti had gone bust this year. So Yes, we had a Leak and the Bastard didn’t mind getting Me raped and killed in fact he had Planned it!

As for Miss Renaissance Reenactment, I got her somehow to leave the scene to vamoose before the police got there!

Of course, I waited for her to vamoose before I called it in.  Yeah, we the police would be grateful to someone who saved one of our own and all but they see the Mutilated bodies, the weird alien eyes and if they didn’t open fire at the very least they would try and stop her for questioning. And she would resist and then they would open fire and like something out of the Terminator she would reduce my squad to so much hamburger.

The good news is the one person in the world who knows how to Lie to the police is a cop.

I demanded to be taken to an Emergency Room and my Clothes wear taken as Evidence and I got a shower and a change of clothes.

I called in my lawyer from the police union and explained to him to explain to them what happened as much accurately as I can survive.

Oh, I spent a total of 12 hours in the station talking to my Lieutenant Peterson. He was a bald very white man in his 50's who did not even have eyebrows and Captain Thomas was black with a mustache in his 40's. And My lawyer a Guy named  Mr. Adrain Fortress in his 60 with Short well-cut silver hair.. I told them about the bad cop and my edited version of things and they wear not happy but they gave it credibility. Because well this is the only way I could have been set up. And then they had me repeat the story over and over Asking if I knew who killed the men. And who saved me and why. And I said I was choked out and had no idea. And they had me repeat it all from the start again and again. Captain Thomas was damn clear he knew I was lying and playing bad cop and Lieutenant Peterson Trying to play good cop but not doing so well as he clearly did not believe I was out cold.

Captain Thomas "So your hands wear Ziptied. We see the cuts on your wrists but why the Hoja untie you? Your Mom wouldn't have any Family in the Hoja by chance? Look we all got sources off the record just tell us What happened and who was it!"

Finally, I Said "We are done I am Lawyering up"

Mr Adrain Fortress Said " We are Done, Gentlemen. As things stand the Officer has been more than Cooperative than I advised but for her and everyone's safety I allowed this. You have a Traitor to find. And she needs to recover. And no buts! She goes home and she rests and it is on record that she requested to only have interviews in my Presence and Only after a full Psychological review." 

Captain Thomas"Hey Sarah we are trying to help. You are damaging your Career. We can make certain no one is going to believe a thing you say ever again unless you level with us right NOW!"  

Mr Adrain Fortress Smiled and Said "You understand you just Threatened a Client and her job Career After I said this interview was done."

Captain Thomas"So?"

Mr Adrain Fortress Smiled Again" So I will be insisting human resources put a mark in your record and speaking to the Union rep" 

Captain Thomas Paled. Union Rep was able to destroy an officer's career. 

My Lieutenant and Captain wear pissed. But not a thing they could do. 

Mr. Adrain Fortress Said "We will be leaving now. Not Anther word. And Officer Thomas if you threaten my client's Job to get her to give up her Right to remain silent I will take your peace Keepers Licence and sue you personally as this is outside the bounds of good faith immunity. Are we clear?" I was shocked but Mr. Adrain Fortress was Union and after 12 hours he had enough. 

Captain Thomas was pissed but Lieutenant Peterson grabbed his arm." He is clear we. Apologize Thomas, Now!" Thomas was not happy but said" My apologize Mr. Fortress to you and your client"

 

Me and My lawyer walked out of the interview room. 

Adrain Said "Officer O'Cormac if you are contacted by anyone call me Immediately." And handed Me a card and wrote his number on it.

I asked "He going to make me pay for that. You're not going to ask me if I am Lying?" Adrain"Legally it would be improper to tell you to Lie or continue Lying if you told me you wear Lying. So do not tell ME! And as long as you hold to your story you will be ok. As for making you pay for it. I am more than your Lawyer I am a Union representative and Captain Thomas was stupid Enough to tell you to your face he damage your career and I can and will terminate him." He smiled and left.

Yep, Unions are scary. Shoot someone you're ok. Piss off a Union Lawyer, The guy that holds our contracts and you wear done. 

I hated lying to Thomas and my Lieutenant and especially with everyone knowing I was Lying. But the truth was so off the table.

In the best-case scenario, if I told them what happened I will spend the rest of my life in a mental facility.

Police are meat and potato people and what I ran into was not meat and potatoes it was more like nuclear waste and Wuhan snake soup with a side of deep fried bat! Served at Wuhan Lab cafeteria.

NOPE no no no no and we are so not doing Krypton Elf Story with Time Freezing and Magic Voices in my head!

What I told them was Frankie choked me out with a sleeper hold after they got to the shipping yard. That the Boss Bennetti Ordered Me dead or passed out before they began. 

And I woke up with them all dead. My guess is the Hoja must’ve killed them. And that made sense the way the bodies were mutilated as something you’d see a cartel gang do. But leaving me alive might make sense after all the whole point was to from the Hoja for my murder torcher rape but it was too convenient that I didn’t see anything and was sleeping. But they had no proof but they figured I was protecting someone. Yep, I was protecting them. I.A. Guys thought I had a Boyfriend in the Hoja but they couldn’t prove it. My Captain even told me they had a Video of the fight which would be a really great trick and would’ve probably got us all locked up in area 51 or maybe the real-world version of warehouse 13.

No, I was too young to wind up in a cage Cellmate to Cthulhu.

So I lied my ass off! A month of Administration Leave maybe four at most and a-ok note from the psychiatrist and I could pretend none of this ever happened!

 No, I was never really a believer in the weird. I was going back to meat and potatoes. Until I convinced myself this happened this way.

I was in distress Frankie choked me and was going to rape me. Hoja showed up cleaned house after I Passed out. 

I Imagined Elf Girl some wish-fulfillment too much Manga as a kid and an Irish Dad with bedtime stories of the Shee!

Then Sgt. Roberts walked up. I knew Dave Roberts for a long time even before I was a cop we grew up together. And he was an asshole but more than a friend he was family 10 years older and used to babysit me. The Goofy Brother you love and Dread visiting. One of the few guys I trusted. And he was about to ruin the day that I thought was already ruined. I’m so going to buy him something nice for his birthday like a plane ticket to Wuhan.

Dave “Hey Sarah honey are you ok? Did they touch you?" I Smiled "Bennetti goons did not take my virtue but it was bad.." I started to cry again WTF. Dave nodded and Pretended not to see and said "I'm glad they're dead and I do not mind whoever Iced them got away. Hell, I owe him a drink! You just call if you need me ok? For anything." I smiled at Dave and then he said "But you need to know the Feds are getting involved. Frankie Bennetti was an Informant. And they want to know who killed him." Yep, My Day the most Horrible in my entire life got worse." Wait the guy that was going to rape and kill me was an informant and the FBI are upset he died?" Dave" You think the FBI are going to take the Blame? Nope they are saying it's all a Lie and he was set up by you and you wear working for Bennetti that you're the Bad cop. And NO ONE I MEAN NO ONE believes you wear passed out. You need to go home and stay out of sight. Even Add Vacation time to the Paid Administration Leave and Flub the Psych they cannot put pressure on you if you are too traumatized. FBI is going to be questioning you if they can if they show up call me and your Lawyer. They are going to pin this on you if they can. Go home recover let this steaming Pile of crap cool! And let us look for the Leak! We got four dead bodies a cop on the take, a dead Criminal Informant, and the FBI! So Please GO THE FUCK GO HOME! Do you need a Driver?" "I can not look that weak. I will Make it Dave." He Just nodded " Sarah I do not care who helped you or what's going on. You need me you call! Your My Family OK?" I knodded "I Will call. "

 
I knew he was right but my one-month to four-month administrative leave was looking more like it could be six months to a year! And I  probably would lose my job unless they found the bad cop. I knew he was right but my one-month to four-month administrative leave was looking more like it could be six months to a year! Not to mention the real possibility of prison!  I was pretty Pissed and shaky when I got to the underground parking lot. But there wasn’t much I could do. On top of the shock of being sexually assaulted, I had not eaten all day and now it was 10 o'clock AM in the freaking morning and I still hadn't had any sleep! I was so tired I dropped my car keys as I fumbled to get the door open and a hand reached out and caught them a black leather-bound hand in a glove no a studded gauntlet. Holy fuck! I looked up in Dread! It was super ELF! Still covered in Dry Blood from head to toe! I looked up at the security cameras this was so not good! And yep I'm awake!

Police parking lot security cameras! I immediately got on the phone used encrypted messenger and called Dave while the Leather bound Larping Dominatrix was trying to look at my phone like a 7 year old grinning and Giggling “Hey Dave you know that favor? Please please delete the security footage of the parking lot for the last hour! ” “I’ll try. I know a woman in the security station Elena but you explain! ”
“I swear to God I’ll tell you everything that happened but get rid of that tape, the person you OWE a drink to just showed up! ”
Dave”What!”
Well, at least Dave will not think I’m screwing a HOJA Member now!

Craiceann Súdaireachta POV

The silly girl had been trying to shoo me away after I killed the men. Fine thanks I'll tell you! And after I saved her not even a kiss! I cut her bindings and I tried to straighten her clothes out and cop a feel but she pulled back and straightened the damned shirt out herself.
Really annoying. Probably all the stupid blood on me. Stupid fragile Bandits! Now I know what you're going to think and I can keep my hands to myself but in my defense, I am a Shee Elf and it's nearly been 2 weeks since I've had a Tumble! She kept making random noises with her mouth in that peculiar language of hers. She kept trying to shoo me away like I was a cobalt or a Stray dog! Anyway, she was cute and likely my guide so I couldn't leave. My benefactor had been clear I would have an indentured servant as my guide and that my life would depend on them. And I make it a strict policy never to Disagree with godlike powers that bring you back from the dead! So I wasn't going anywhere but I was a stranger in a strange land perhaps it was best to hide. So I distracted her with a cantrip noise and used Mana Speed and when she turned her head I lept into shadow. To be precise her shadow. It was a lot work to stay hid until I began to dig a Hollow deep enough to hide. She walked around looking for me then searched the bodies of the bandits. Then she pulled out of the dead man's pocket a box began to talk into it. I thought she was daft from shock but then the box talked back! From the pocket dimension of shadow, I watched strange metal wagons like the one she was standing next to moving without horses or ox perhaps it had pigs in the armored shell or this was another type of magic! They were lit up and made a horrible racket. I was very glad to be in here away from that mass of noise!

And as strange as this place was I am glad to be sheltered in her shadow as it becomes clear by watching these gentlemen I come to understood they were city Watch. Never in any world my favorite people! And I understand her urgency in shooing me. We spent several hours with her questions while in her shadow I stretch it out and make a den for myself and she should not notice this except it might get a little bit darker but now I have some room to cast and sit and rest. I had the presence of mind to take the tongue from the head I had been handling. I began to process the spell communication but my God's this tongue tasted horrible not like the humans back on my world!

What did he eat! Inconsiderate Get Upset my stomach that did. 

Now did my benefactor apparently not only sent My gear here but my inventory in my own shadow.

So did he put my soul back in my original body or create a new one? All my old injuries are gone but that could've just been the revival spell.

Well, I don't suppose it makes a difference.

Happy to be Alive! 

I can finally understand what they're saying. She's apparently some kind of city watch.

And she's covering for me!

HMM, How nice perhaps my attraction was shared!

Well, I am a Member of the SHEE Race and the Dark Court!
Well of course she is I am gorgeous!

She talks to some fat one named Dave and she is walking towards one of those metal vehicles. 

Now I should wait for her to go home to make my dramatic Romantic appearance but she dropped her keys and I just couldn't resist besides I don't sense any living in the room.

But that wasn't what I expected! I mean she seems shocked but horrified she gets the box out and starts using it to talk to that Fat Dave guy talking about a tape! She is Freaking ignoring me! Wait did I trigger some kind of Alarm? Now she's trying to shoo me into this wagon. Well I get in. I consider jumping back into her shadow but I really need to talk to her.

Craiceann Súdaireachta "So somebody owes me a drink do they?! Excellent!"

Sarah "Wait you can talk?" 

Craiceann Súdaireachta" well of course I could talk lass. I just learned your language a few hours ago man's tongues hideous! Troll tastes better. Speaking of which I can use a drink!"

Sarah "Waite that's, what happened with the tongue you ate it! That's Canblism!"

Craiceann Súdaireachta"Well yeah how else was I gonna learn your damn language. It's not like he needed it anymore! Nor was it like I wanted to eat the Retched thing! And don't be ridiculous! As for a Cannibal, I'm not a human! Are you daft, girl haven't you ever seen a Shee Elf before! And here I was sent to save this damn world From Ultimate Darkness! Don't you think you should have your priorities straight!? And don't you think you should be showing me some gratitude? But I gotta be telling you to like that chest of yours. So did I trigger some kind of alarm system? I do like your hair to its pretty like your eyes! So you're my squire! And what that box cell phone you keep talking into!? I know the word from the spell but I don't know what it really means!? Would you be actually getting me some food and wine!? And a bit of meat Horse would be great! You invited Dave over to the apartment he will be bringing wine right!"

Sarah was overwhelmed she felt like she was talking to an over-caffeinated two-year-old or a teenager. Instead of some kind all-powerful monster. A Shee Elf, Spells, wait she remembered her father telling stories about that. She was a Squire what? The Voice! Wait did she just hit on me! Hold on what did she say about the world facing destruction. Okay, priorities suddenly eating a human tongue did not seem like such a big deal. Normally she was trained to doubt everything a Witness tells her but you know the nonhuman 4-inch ears the multicolored cat eyes and the fact she killed four armed men faster than Superman on crack Lent a lot of credibility. And didn't the Voice tell her about doom and Ultimate Darkness?  She needed to gain control of this conversation she had to ask questions, very simple ones so she could break down everything just thrown at her.

Ok, First Question in any interview. Establish trust establish Reppore"What is your name?"

"Now that's a dangerous question to know one's name is to have power over them but they give power to my name in turn. Still, trust must begin somewhere My Name Craiceann Súdaireachta." Sarah struggled with the name" Craicann Sadairtar?!"

 

Craiceann Súdaireachta Looked Offended "Don't be doing that you be butchering my name! Tell you what In your language it's probably closest Toughened Hide not really very Lady like nor Elegant so how about Leather. Yes, you can call me Leather. Yes, I like how that sounds! "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1