Chapter 8 | Haru and university
747 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Patience is virtue

Haru tried to roll in the bed, only to be stopped by Kanade.

 

“Get. Off. Please!”

 

Haru struggled to get out of Kanade’s grasp. She had an iron grip on Haru, who still was in a maid outfit.

 

“Oh crud. I have uni today.”

 

Haru panicked and freed herself from Kanade. Meanwhile, Kanade was awakened from Haru’s panic.

 

“Wh-what’s going on?” Kanade asked drowsily. 

 

“I have uni today and I don’t know what to do!” Haru replied in a flustered manner while thinking.

 

“Have you thought about calling in sick?”

 

“I can’t! I’ll fail the midterms.”

 

“Ah…” Kanade got up and rubbed her eyes. 

 

“Why not just go as is? You’ve got new clothes and everything.” Kanade nonchalantly uttered.

 

“That is an option for sure… But how will they react? I don’t think most people would treat me the same after I go “Hey guys! I turned into a girl 2 days ago, please treat me well!” you know?”

 

“You raise a fair point. But because you do that, I’ll have to cheer you on!”

 

“What?”

 

Haru looked at Kanade with a puzzled expression.

 

“Ah- I mean, I’ll be there if you need it.”

 

“What do you-”

 

Kanade gathered some clothes for Haru to try and handed them over. Haru dejectedly accepted the clothes, knowing that she would need to go in any case. 

 

“What is this outfi-” 

 

Once Haru was done with changing clothes she looked at the mirror. A young girl with short black hair and dark eyes looked back at her, wearing short jeans and a salmon pink jacket. Under that was a white t-shirt.

 

Haru was taken back by her appearance.

 

“Stylish, yet utilitarian and comfortable! Aside from not having pockets, that is.” Kanade quipped behind Haru.

 

“Yeah…” Haru slipped her hands into the pockets to be met with disappointingly small pockets.

 

‘So it’s true…’ Haru looked down at her pants.

 

“But it’s not really a problem when you have a purse with you.” Kanade shrugged. 

 

“That’s easy for you to say!” Haru scoffed.

 

Kanade simply laughed it off and set out to make some breakfast. After they both enjoyed a quiet and peaceful morning Haru set off to university. Kanade however, stayed home to work on office stuff. 

 

“Just go already!” Kanade tried to push Haru out of the entrance.

 

“B-but I’m scared!” Haru pleaded.

 

‘And so am I about you, you know?’ Kanade internally screamed.

 

“You have to go!” Kanade finally found the strength to close the door, thus locking out Haru.

 

“A second more, and I might have lost myself there…” Kanade exhaled.

 

-

 

“...”

 

Kanade left me outside the apartment all alone. What is this cruel treatment! I wanted to go back in and whack her, but the looming threat of failing uni was like a dagger above my throat. 

 

I defeatedly walked down the stairs to the ground floor and peeked around the corners, looking for anyone outside. 

 

Of course, there would be people outside, it’s in the middle of the rush hour right now! I smacked myself for the dumb thought.

 

The street was populated with people, but I just bit my lips and started walking. I needed to get to the bus station, which was three blocks away.

 

“Okay, I think I can do this! It’s only 3 blocks.”

 

I cheered on for myself and started walking. Even with the positive reinforcement walking down the street as a girl was nerve-wracking. The last time I did it with Kanade, and I could feel a bit safer with her. This time though, I was all alone.

 

The bus journey was nerve-wracking too, but also very uneventful. Everything went smoothly and no one batted an eye at me. 

 

Hopefully, it’ll be just as smooth at uni too.

 

After I stepped off the bus took a deep breath and a sigh of relief. 

 

The university campus was fairly small but also packed with all kinds of buildings, from older brick buildings to sleek concrete structures. 

 

Sometimes I wonder how they manage to keep running with the few students.

 

I shouldn’t get too distracted by that. 

 

I walked straight up to the expedition to try and sort my ID among other things. The glass doors smoothly swung open and refreshingly cold air flowed out. The admin building was fairly small, so most offices were easily accessible through one corridor. 

 

I walked up to the vice-chancellor’s office and knocked. A female voice answered and I walked in. 

 

In front of the desk sat an older lady, going through seemingly endless amounts of documents. 

 

I spoke out.

 

“Hello…” 

 

She looked at me with a glance and put down the documents.

 

“Anything I can help you with?”

 

I composed myself and started explaining.

 

The chancellor looked at me with an indifferent expression after my explanation and went back to quickly write something, before turning her attention back to me.

 

“So you’re saying that you turned into a girl suddenly and now you need a new ID issued?”

 

“Yeah… Sounds kinda silly but it’s true.”

 

“Mhm. Hand in your original ID and I’ll fix it right away. Anything else I can help with?”

 

“No, thanks.” 

 

I handed her my old ID and exited the room with a bow. 

 

Glad that interaction is taken care of, it was nerve-wracking and I’m sure I stuttered a few times too. 

 

Now, to meet my classmates…

 

-

 

24