Chapter 2
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell are you doing!" Evangeline exclaimed in shock and panic as she looked at Eros.

"What?" Eros said as he looked at her innocently.

"Don't 'what' me. The couple you paired are married! Why did you do that!"

Eros sighed as he snapped his fingers and an envelope appeared in front of Evangeline. She was at a loss for a while before she held the letter and looked suspiciously at him.

"Karma requested me to do that. Those two are married to their own partners, yes but they are both cheaters. An ungrateful and shameless one at that. I heard that their respective partners loved them dearly and are unaware of their infidelity." Eros said as she smiled at Evangeline.

Evangeline read the letter as she was listening to Eros' explanation and at the end of the letter was Lord Karma's seal so the man before her was indeed speaking the truth.

"Is this really okay? Won't you have a conflict with Hera about this?" She asked anxiously.

"It's fine. You don't need to worry about anything. I'm sure Hera would understand and if not, there's still Karma to save me." Eros said as he lazily sat down on the sofa and drank wine with his legs crossed.

Evangeline was his secretary and friend as far as he can remember. She had always been the one to take care of him whenever he reincarnated back in the celestial world and would always save his sorry ass whenever he was in a pinch. She was like a sister to her.

He gazed at the stars that adorned the dark skies. It shone beautifully, giving him a comforting feeling. As he closed his eyes, a faceless man flashed in his mind, jolting him into opening his eyes. He clutched his chest as he felt a pain he couldn't quite describe. He suddenly felt so sad and hurt that he wanted to cry his heart out right then and there. Evangeline noticed this and a sad expression formed in her face.

"You remembered him again?" Eva asked cautiously.

"Yes but don't worry, I'm fine." Eros said as he cracked a smile to her.

If you're fine then why do you look so sad?

Eva's heart aches whenever she sees him like this. She sees him as a younger brother so her protective instincts were kicking in. Eros sighed as he hid the sadness forming in his eyes. Although the man was faceless, he could still vaguely feel how warm the man was. Eros was aware that the faceless man was once his lover but what pained him was that he couldn't recall anything about him anymore except the promise he gave to him when he died in his human form.

He felt frustrated. That man was supposed to be the most important person to him but he couldn't even remember anything about him. He felt guilty and sad. To shake off this unbearable feeling, he picked up his bow and fired his arrow once again.

It was supposed to hit a young lad who had been in love with his classmate for years. That young lad was also friends with her too so they spent their time together and the woman was gradually having feelings for him. It was time to let their love bloom. When he launched the arrow, his fingers slipped causing him to misfire. The arrow that was supposed to hit the young girl and the young lad but the arrow for the young girl instead hit the young lad's rival.

The said rival was quietly reading his book when the young lad approached him to quarrel with him as always. The reason was because the young lad thought that he had feelings for the woman the young lad was in love with but in reality he really wasn't interested. It was annoying to get confronted like this so he decided to beat some sense into that young lad but when he looked up, he was stunned. 

Sunlight hit the young lad's face, highlighting the beautiful features he hadn't noticed before. Everything seemed to slow down as if his heart was suddenly struck by an arrow.

Badump. Badump.

His heart was beating fast, making him flushed. He was confused as to why he was feeling this way but he just can't take his eyes off the young lad before him. The young lad was glaring at him as usual, but it didn't annoy him like he felt before. It just made him feel like the young lad was cute. He had an urge to appease the riled up cat but he restrained himself. He was so flustered by these sudden feelings that he ran away.

"Oh shit I messed up." Eros mumbled as he tried to withdraw the desire he planted on the flustered boy but he realized that he couldn't.

He couldn't withdraw it since the desire was already there before he even planted it so it instead reawakened the dormant desire of the young boy. Eros was confused as he checked the list again and found that that pairing wasn't supposed to happen since it wasn't listed. Evangeline who saw the whole process wilted.

"That wasn't supposed to happen…" Eros mumbled as he contemplated the unexpected development.

"Of course that wasn't supposed to happen! *sigh* I pity the young boy who fell victim to your recklessness." Evangeline misunderstood Eros' remark.

It wasn't the first time that Eros messed up the pairings. This current Eros messed up countless times before but she still can't get used to his blunders.

"Nah that's fine. If they can withstand the trials that come their way, the outcome would be worth it." Eros said as he checked the list to find the next pair he's supposed to match.

Evangeline sighed helplessly as she took  care of the blunder Eros made. Eros was just about to find the next pair in the big orb before him when the messenger of the Gods intruded in his humble abode. Evangeline winced, thinking that it was probably another letter of complaint from the other Gods. When Eros saw Hermes, he flashed him a bright smile as he threw himself in the arms of the messenger of the Gods. He wrapped his arms around Hermes' neck as he leaned seductively on God.

"Hermes, I missed you so much! Where have you been these years?" Eros asked as he rubbed his head on the God's chest.

Hermes chuckled as he peeled Eros off him gently.

"Oh just traveled from here and there. Anyway, I came here because the Almighty God demands your presence." Hermes said as he handed an envelope with a gold seal.

Both Evangeline and Eros were surprised by this news. The Almighty God would only demand a God's presence either if they're going to promote the concerned God or hand out punishment. The punishment is of course not light since it was the Almighty God themself that ordered it. Eros couldn't help but to feel nervous as he lamented all the blunders he had made so far. Hermes patted him on the shoulder and gave him a comforting smile.

"Don't worry about it too much. Almighty God probably just has something to discuss with you." Hermes said as he teleported to another place.

Eros bit his fingernail nervously as he looked at Evangeline for support. She just sighed as if she was expecting that an outcome like this was bound to happen.

"Just go. I'll take care of this place for the meantime. Please come back with an intact corpse." Evangeline prayed for him.

Eros just glared at her as he sighed as well. He couldn't do anything about the situation now so he can only accept it. If it happens it happens. With that kind of mindset, he kissed the Almighty God's symbol and was transported to the Almighty God's office.

0