Chapter 3
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eros arrived in front of a white door with gold carvings, exuding majestic air about it that seemed untouchable. It looked the same as every time he visited here both from his pasts to present. When the being behind the closed doors sensed his presence, a soothing fragrance wafted in the air, calming his nerves. Just like before, the door in front was still closed. Even after all those reincarnations, he had never once seen the face nor form of the Almighty God. 

He couldn't even get past through the door, much less see the being behind it. There was some sort of unseen barrier between him and the door that was preventing him from getting any closer. He heard that the Higher Gods can enter through this door but none of them have truly seen the appearance of the Almighty God. They said there was a pressure as well as the blinding light that was preventing them from sneaking a glance to the being before them but they could feel its overwhelming power. 

It was also one of the reasons why no one dared to defy the Almighty God. Now getting summons from this majestic being made him nervous since he's aware of his blunders. Although the Almighty God is powerful, he was gentle and approachable as long as you don't cross its bottom line. However no one was brave enough to cross its bottom line since none of them wanted their existence to cease. 

"You're well aware why I called you here, yes?" The Being behind the closed doors spoke, its voice were neither feminine nor masculine, making it hard for those who listen to discern the gender of the speaker. 

It seemed that the speaker was so far away but the volume of its voice was modulated enough for Eros to hear clearly what the Almighty God was speaking. Eros, who had been in a half-kneeling position with his head lowered in respect since earlier, looked up at the door and spoke. 

"I have an idea what this might be about but I'm not entirely sure."

"It is indeed about the countless errors you have made while doing your job. Your blunders have reached an alarming level that's why I called for you here to inform you of the punishment befitting for your mistakes."

Although he expected that the content would be about that, he still felt down. He didn't question nor protest since he's aware that he indeed had been making the same blunders countless times and the Almighty God can only tolerate so much. 

"And as I was observing your performance, I figured out the reason for your repeated mistakes." The Almighty paused and Eros felt like its eyes were on him despite the closed doors between them. 

"You no longer understand what love is, do you?"

Eros felt his heart jump from having his deepest secret unraveled before him just like that. He had been spreading love, pairing couples, ensuring that they live a life filled with love but as time passed by, after countless reincarnations, he gradually felt lost. It's as if his hold on something very important started to waver, making that object slip out of his grasp and he was helpless about it. He tried, really tried to minimize his blunders but the feeling of emptiness and loss deep within him gradually intensified. 

He had been giving and giving but he barely received any. He no longer knows how it felt to love and to be loved. Yes, he had been sleeping with countless celestial beings during his stay here in the celestial world but he had never truly given his heart to any of those beings. He had a nagging feeling that if he ever tried giving his heart to someone else, it would be his greatest sin. 

He couldn't even remember the man he was supposed to be in love with. His purpose of doing this was also gradually lost. The feeling of loneliness that was accumulated after countless reincarnations started to intensify. He was starting to lose hope but he can't seem to recall what he was hoping for. It just left him frustrated. 

He tried to think of anything to rebuke the Almighty God's statement but he can't think of any. It was because the Almighty God was right. 

Being met with silence didn't infuriate the Almighty God as it seemed to understand the meaning behind Eros' silence as acquisition. 

"Considering that factor, I have decided to seal your divine powers but fret not as I will give you a mission. Once you complete the given mission, I will give you back your divine powers."

Eros' eyes opened wide in surprise like saucers, not expecting for the Almighty God to be so lenient. 

"Your grace is truly immeasurable." Eros thanked the Almighty God with pure sincerity. 

A white envelope engraved with golden linings appeared before him so he reached out and took it. 

"The details of your mission are in that envelope. Once you're done reading it, you will immediately be sent down to complete your mission. You're now dismissed."

Before Eros could even thank it, he was snapped back to his humble abode. Evangeline rushed to his side, anxiety was evident in her angelic face. 

"How was it?" She asked, hoping that the situation wasn't as worse as she thinks. 

"I was dismissed." Eros said without batting an eye as he opened the envelope. 

Evangeline visibly paled from what he said as she slumped on the floor with a defeated expression. 

"What are we going to do now? A-are we gonna get chased out of our place?" Evangeline chewed her nails as she started to panic. 

"Don't worry, it's just temporary. I was given a mission and once I complete that, I'll be able to return. Besides, the mission given to me is a piece of cake. I'll be back in no time at all." Eros said with a smirk as he finished reading the contents of the envelope. 

His mission was about giving and receiving love from his target mission. It was easy and simple, just like that. Anything related to love was nothing but a piece of cake to him. He was Eros. The same Eros who had paired countless couples for as long as he remembers. It was as if he hadn't made any blunders at all. His target mission was a japanese 30 year old man named Michiya Kei and a virgin to boot. Although the details given to him were just basic information about the guy, it was enough for him. 

You won't make it hard for me Kei, right?

0