Chapter 6
11 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Please forgive my rudeness in deciding to communicate with you in this way, as I am not sure and I cannot notice the exact time of your arrival. I am writing you this letter because I saw your interest in advanced skills after the dungeon run with Marcus. But I'm sorry to tell you that such skills will not be available in the library because they only provide two-tiered skills and below. Skills above that level would be in the exclusive hands of a few prominent families or organizations, hence a public educational institution like Tudor Academy wouldn't be able to distribute them freely. 

This is the truth and you can easily prove it by looking at the best graduates of the Academy. Almost all of them were aristocrats, that is, people with surnames. The only reason I was able to secure such a position is that the Academy attaches great importance to my quick activation skills which are the result of my deep understanding of skills.

Another reason I am writing to you other than to resolve the above issue is for a discussion. Since I believe we will be working together for a long time now and using your help, which I and the people of this world are grateful for, I believe we will need a certain understanding of each other's situation first.

Let me talk about my side first. My name is Ernest, a graduate of the Tudor Academy. As you may have noticed before you turn back time, I have the intention of joining the Arena organization which of course can be discussed if you have a different view on it..."

From here Ernest paused for a moment. He hesitated to tell the gamer about how he traveled back from a time when this world lost. This gamer was after all still a person from another world. The invaders made a deep bad impression on people from other worlds. Not to mention that this gamer can control his body without any way to fight it. But this gamer might as well have been told about his experiences from the spirit of space and time, and even if they didn't know it, sooner or later this gamer would realize his abnormality in knowing too much information about the future.

"But from my experience of coming back from the future, the future where the invaders won, joining an organization is a faster method to gain sufficient power. Of course, there are downsides of being embroiled in the power struggle of people in power but I believe unless there is an unforeseen change, such things will still be far in the future."

He decided to tell the truth.

"There are also other ways, one of which is to become an independent Arena warrior. This is something I did the first time. The badge the Academy gave served as a permit to enter the Arena. We can go solo in the Arena or join a mercenary group temporarily. But not many people do this because it involves a big risk. I am ashamed to say that I was quite hot-blooded at the time and did something so reckless.

Another way is to use knowledge of the future to find talented people to team up with. I considered this at first but was hesitant as it takes a lot of time and luck.

That's it from me for now. After you read this, I hope to know how you turned back time at the previous banquet and made time for discussion later.

Also, how do I address you?

Sincerely, 

Ernest "

___

A big turning point occurred. Sieg had not logged out of the game when Ernest wrote his letter. He saw everything.

It turns out that Ernest is from the future.

He might have to rethink his impression of this game. With such a complex plot and complex world-building, this may not be a mainstream RPG game. He needed to see this game as a strategy game.

The goal of the game is to save the world by strengthening his avatar using the knowledge of the future and then influencing the world to direct it as they wish. Just like the second chance novels he sometimes reads.

Finally!

With a clear goal, Sieg's enthusiasm was rekindled. He sees his avatar ready to sleep. He fast-forwarded to the morning and controlled his avatar as soon as he woke up.

Controlling the avatar towards the desk, he clicked on the pen and paper in front. As expected, with its degree of freedom, the game also has a writing function. Of course, it was typing on his case.

With him typing, the avatar's hand moved. Sentences quickly formed on paper. He could see the small details of the surprised expression on his avatar's face.

["Hello, Ernest. Thank you, I read your letter. You can call me Sieg. For the way we communicate, maybe you can talk while I write. What do you think?"]

["Sure, that would be most suitable I think."]

Wow, this game's AI is very sophisticated.

["First, before we discuss organization matters, I want to ask you. Since you come from the future, do you know of something like a secret place to get skills to strengthen yourself or something like that?"]

Most novels will have this kind of plot where the protagonists strengthen themselves by taking on hidden powers before they are known.

Ernest has a hesitant expression on his face but he still answered.

[“I know what you mean by asking that. But most such things are known because people discovered them in the future. I don't think seizing other people's opportunities is the right thing to do. After all, we all have the same goal of defeating the invaders."]

He realized this for some time but the characters of this game have depth and individuality. He sometimes has a wild idea that things in this game are real. But there's no way something supernatural like that happened right? The most likely wild thing is that this game is a heavily funded secret government project or something.

["No, of course not. We're not going to do that, but we can seize undiscovered opportunities, right? I'm sure as long as we pay attention we can find something by researching things from the future. Also, seizing the opportunities of good people is not good but what about bad people? Surely by taking their chances we can prevent them from harming the innocent right?"]  

["That makes sense."] 

["That's why we can't join the organization. Think about it, to make use of the knowledge of the future what we need the most is freedom. If we get caught doing something suspicious, we won't have a good outcome." ]

Ernest looked unconvinced but he still nodded. Sieg understood Ernest had the mindset that no matter their faction, every inhabitant of this world would end up staying on the same side, working together for their world. But Sieg disagreed with this kind of thinking. Living in a capitalist society, he is well aware of how bad the human heart is. He was surprised that Ernest could still be so righteous despite returning from the future like that. Well, in the end, it's still a game. 

[“About the power to turn back time, it's something I can only do once a month. The maximum time I can return is one month, but savepoints can be made at any time. A savepoint is something like a marker that can be put at a certain time, a time having a savepoint means you can go back to that time. The chance to turn back time also requires a certain amount of energy that can be replenished after a month."]

Delighted, Ernest's face on the screen lit up as he smiled.

["That's great"]

Sieg also smiled. This guy's smile is infectious, he is the protagonist type.

["Alright, now I want to hear about the future and then we can discuss the next plan."]

["Alright"]

They talked for a long long time.

2