1 Jinn
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gramps and I ran through the sand, we'd been running for several minutes.

We're running in the direction the Caravan was originally heading, maybe we could make it on foot?

Pfft.

My legs had grown worn from running up and down sandy hills but I couldn't stop now. If I were to stop, I'd be putting myself in the way of flesh-eating monsters emerging from the ground to feast. I think I'd rather take some temporary leg strain over that.

Although, it doesn't really matter if I want to keep running as my body can only take so much. I swear, if I live through this I'll start training my body harder than ever!

Gramps was several feet ahead of me, he was running at a decent pace with his hands behind his back.

This is so embarrassing, an old man outpacing me!

"Old man... Slow down a little will you?!"

Gramps completely ignored me, still running at his fast pace.

As we ran, the moonlight softly illuminated the sand around us.

I noticed my body's temperature decreasing.

I began shivering, despite running through the sand my body was cold in the desert's night breeze.

Gramps suddenly jumped in the air, below him a dark red muscular arm bursting through the ground, reaching for him.

Shit... Another Jinn. I readied myself, I'm not sure what I'll be able to do but I can't just be a liability.

The creature emerged from the spot Gramps was standing a few seconds prior, once the sand cleared I was able to see it rear its ugly head.

It had crimson red skin with long, flowy white hair and two short stubby horns on its head. It bore one giant eye and sported a sharp, toothy grin.

This one looked more menacing than the previous one.

Gramps landed beside me.

"Jas, this one seems deadlier."

Well, that's not what I wanted to hear.

As we gauged the situation, the sound of another Jinn emerging from the ground rang out from behind us.

I started trembling, both from the cold and fear I was experiencing.

I wish that goddamn sand storm never happened, now I'm gonna die out in the middle of the gold sea without even saying goodbye to my family...

I looked over my shoulder, the Jinn behind us was skinny but freakishly tall. It had lanky, long arms and long fingers with claws that could dice us up with a single swing.

"Jasper..."

Gramps began to speak, whispering as if the Jinn could hear us.

"Jasper... I want you to run"

I was about to protest, he'd already done this shtick before but this time his face was completely different.

Rather than a slightly patronizing smile, he remained expressionless.

Before I could even answer, the red Jinn rushed forward, it was a bit slow due to its muscle mass but its angry charge was terrifying like a storm.

I jumped to the left while Gramps jumped to the right.

We were split up, the muscular Jinn charging towards me as the skinny Jinn sprinted towards Gramps.

Was that their plan? There's no way Jinn could form strategies like that, right?!

I couldn't even process the situation as the red Jinn charged a punch with its right muscular arm.

My body shook, everything was telling me I absolutely can't get hit by that. Every fiber of my being was telling me to avoid it at all costs.

The Jinn punched forwards towards me, my body instinctively jumped towards him as he punched, narrowly ducking under his fist as the dunes behind me were eviscerated.

I was sweating, that hit would've instantly killed me if it connected.

The Jinn roared out, its roar nearly rupturing my eardrums.

I-I can't do this. I'm gonna die here. I tried, I really tried.

The Jinn opened its mouth, baring its sharp teeth. I instantly felt a shock run through my body, immediately throwing myself backwards as in an instant it chomped down where I was just seconds before. The sound of its bite reminiscent of metal clashing together.

I landed on my back, looking up at the Jinn standing over me. Its eye looked down at me, It was the hunter and I was the prey.

"S-SAVE ME!!!!!!!"

I screamed out, it was all I could do. I was completely overpowered by the predator.

The Jinn reached down to me, grabbing me with one arm, lifting me with ease. It squeezed my body, its hand being the size of my entire torso. It was like I was a ragdoll.

I-I called out?! Why isn't anyone saving me!?

The Jinn crushed me harder, I felt like my insides were being pushed together.

I've gotta survive somehow... Anyhow.

It squeezed down even more, I felt like I was going to pass out from the pain. I desperately tried escaping its firm grasp though it was futile.

Come on Jasper, not like this... not like this...

The red Jinn prepared to chomp down on me, his metal-like teeth looking like daggers.

I desperately wiggled, managing to headbutt its cyclops eye as hard as I possibly could once I was able to lean in close enough.

The Jinn reeled back, the headbutt being effective enough for it to let me go.

I was free! Though it felt like a few of my ribs were broken, I freed myself with no help at all! I'm the strongest!

The Jinn raised its hands, covering its eye. It was on the defense now.

Should I attempt to knock up the Jinn? Yeah, hell no, not that strong.

I sprinted past the red Jinn in its moment of weakness, rushing towards Gramp's aid.

Gramps and the slender Jinn were going at it, Gramps dodging its fast and precise strikes. However, he was completely on the defense, managing to avoid close call strikes that would've left him dead otherwise.

I had the element of surprise, shoulder checking the Jinn from the back as it stumbled forwards.

Gramps took advantage of the small opportunity, striking the slender Jinn in the stomach with his palm.

The Jinn slid back, quickly regaining its composure, nearly swiping my head off.

The red Jinn roared, it recovered and was angry as it charged towards me and Gramp's direction.

The slender Jinn was still fixated on Gramps, swiping at him.

It's a two versus two except we're on the weaker side...

It isn't looking good for us.

 

0