Unwanted Visitors 4
71 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mmmmmmm....." unintentionally mumbled Rex under his breath making Xie Jingfei who was staring at his illusion twitch in fear, but he just ignored her as he  focusing of the four clones that had just escaped.

' Tch, this fucker wants to escape after all that he did? Hmph....well, I'll allow it....after I'm dead that is! Hehehe.......no escape to for you fucker!'

Rex closed his eyes to have a better control of his arrays and he immediately had a clearer  notice of the four similar Qi signatures that were the escape technique of the ghost cultivator. They were moving at fast speeds through the air , sometimes turning and twisting as it to evade something, but ther was a strange thing happening to them..... they were moving in a circle and nowhere near the exit.

' Hehe..... enjoy your last stroll.....

............

On the other side of the mist the ghost cultivator was quickly using up all his Qi to sustain his ' Nine Spectral Art ' to escape the place, but no matter his hard or how much he travelled he didn't seem to be getting out of the white fog.

' Damnit.....is there no escape! No, there has to be a way out! I just need to.... ' thought the ghost cultivator as he increased his speed , but he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched by someone, by something......

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shiiiiiiittttttt.......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

He yelled at the fog as he reached maximum speed hoping to break out of the fog any second, but only a small snicker reached his ears. That was from Rex who was observing him and his clones flying in circles through his formations that had a radius of 100 m. This kind of thing would have been impossible in a normal situation as the ghost cultivator had awakened his ' Divine Sense' , but because the formation Rex was using was a double one that was extremely rare in this world, the ghost cultivator was completely lost.

' Hehe......' laughed Rex as he enjoyed the fear the ghost cultivator was experiencing at the moment ' With the ability to create lifelike illusions  and the ability to hide the Qi of objects and beings inside the formation makes it a perfect combo against a cultivator. Not only do I strip them of their normal senses , but also of their Qi sense so they are completely lost. He is completely in my grasp.....'

..........

Two minutes were spent in silence as neither Xie Jingfei or Rex moved a muscle. The two of them seemed to be frozen in time to someone who obsessed them from afar , but the silence was broken as a green shooting star crashed in the middle of the road.

*Boooommm*

Dust and stones flew in all directions from the impact, but the shock of the ghost cultivator who had arrived at the place he had intended to leave was far greater.

".............

"Oh, did you have a change of mind? Or maybe did you forget something and came back to get it?" playfully spoke Rex as he saw the tired ghost cultivator who had returned once again, but this time much weaker. The strong Qi signature that was present before had disappeared and now his Qi seemed to be only 1/5 of what I was before.

"........I...I......

"Hmm.... did you forget how to speak...tsk,tsk.... disappointing! I expected a little more from you.....alas, it's time to die...." said Rex as he raised his hand.

These words seemed to resonate in the ghost cultivators soul and he regained his senses.

"Whhwh.... wait...waaait....I surrender, I surrender alright! I surrender, I'll do anything you hear me, I'll do anything.... just spare my life."

"Spare your life...." repeated Rex to himself as if thinking about the ghost cultivators preposition.

"Yes, yes! If you do that I'll work for you until my death, I'll even be willing to share half of my....no, all of my knowledge and belongings with you."

This made Rex pause for one second as he contemplated the offer of the ghost cultivator, but he wasn't stupid or shortsighted. The knowledge of the ghost cultivator was but rat shit in front of the things he could acquire through the 'Mart'.

"That...is surely attractive, but it seems that there is a problem." said Rex as he turned towards Xie Jingfei who had been watching the exchange " You..... young miss are that problem. "

*Babum Babum Babum......

Xie Jingfei's heart pounded hard as she heard those words , but she didn't say anything.

"You see young girl, both you and the one over there have made a mistake of starting a  fight in this place.... without my permission of course, and that is also after I welcomed you in here. So... you see where I'm going?"

"........

"........

Neither of them answered making Rex shake his head in disappointment.

"You see, If I decide to spare one of you I'll be favoring that one and I don't want to do that.... but I also don't really need more than one of you.

So..... let's see who will survive." nonchalantly said Rex towards the two of them, and in less than two seconds they begun fighting again.

.............

"Hahh....hahh....hahh.....

Xie Jingfei breathed hard as she held the left side of her chest in pain. The 2 cm wound was bleeding crimson blood  dying her dress a crimson color, but at this moment she was so happy that she wasn't really thinking about her wounds.

*Clap Clap....

Clapping sounds brought Xie Jingfei from her stupor and she found that the mysterious cultivator was standing not far away from her and the dead ghost cultivator that couldn't be recognized anymore.

" BRAVO, truly a good battle between cultivators. Although he was severely weakened by me, he was still someone you shouldn't be trifling with, but you showed that you were not weak at all. "

"Hahh...hahh...thank you....

"No need!" said Rex as he raised his hand " Now, we need to have a long talk about the situation. Come.....

Rex turned his back and entered the building which was slightly damaged, and Xie Jingfei followed him after she gave one last look at the ghost cultivators corpse. She followed each of Rex's footsteps and couldn't help but stare at the billboard depicting a human figure sitting on a golden lotus, with two semi-halo's above his head.

...............

Several week's passed and the town was still bustling from the news about a clash between powerful cultivators, and about the casualties of their clash. 12 people were found dead in their bed's and the owner of the Inn was brutally sacrificed in some sort of ritual, so the town was afraid. 

Several squad's of police and law enforcers of the surrounding clan's tried to uncover who was responsible for this event, but they came across nothing of real importance. Part of this was because the ' Ghost Flame' Sect left little trace of their affiliation with this event, and because Rex did everything to hide the traces of the battle that ensued between the ghost cultivator and Xie Jingfei. He went as far as to order Xie Jingfei who was now under the wing of the 'powerful cultivator' to create damage around the shop so the traces would become jumbled. Adding to this his formations, he wiped any doubt directed towards himself and Xie Jingfei who was now working as a waitress at his restaurant which was currently under renovation.

*Tack tack.....

Rex nailed the last nails in his hand and nodded his head in pleasure. He had finally fixed his last window and the restaurant could be opened at anytime, but he had some business to attend to at the moment  so he headed to the second floor and into the room holding the merchandise.

'Heh.... It seems I need to rethink my purchases.' thought Rex as he saw the remaining items. ' The Fasting Pills, crossbow bolts, and 100 year ginseng are almost over, but the Velvet Rice and swords are still in good quantity. Surprisingly, my hidden weapons and ' Yin Boosting' pills have also sold quite well....hehe....

Still, I need to stock my shop once again, and also start to really cultivate. The encounter with that ghost cultivator and Xie Jingfei hase made it clear that I can't rely on the formations forever and I can't hide here for all my life. I need to grow stronger!' 

After a couple of minutes of making some last minute changes to his list , Rex went in the middle of the room and sat crosslegged, but he didn't start to cultivate. He focused deep inside his soul where a miniature black hole was and inserted his conciousness. Immediately in his conciousness there appeared a line of word's.

[ Welcome to the warehouse, Nr 1222043,  level 1 trader, Rex.

What would you like to do?]

Rex took a moment to regain his senses, and once again he marvelled at the AI like conciousness who was in charge of the movement of Qi-En and the merchandise through dimensions.

"Ahhh... yes....I'm level 1 trader Rex and I've come to hand over the monthly revenue. Also , I need to get several more items from the storage!"

[I see....

Then , please input all the things you want and the process will be completed.]

Rex wrote all the things he wanted to get in a translucent paper that appeared in front of him and spoke once again.

"Okay I'm finished, but can you also get me in touch with my supervisor? I really need to talk to him."

[ Sorry trader Rex, your supervisor is currently busy, but you may leave a message and he will answer you as soon as possible.]

Rex was dejected, but he understood."I understand, if there is no way to contact him faster then....

[There is a way.

For a quick meeting you may spend 300 Qi-En if you so desire.]

"Is... that so. Well.... please deduct 300 Qi-En  from my account."

[ Confirm transaction?]

"Yess...." said Rex in a tired voice, and 300 Qi-En were immediately taken from his account. Ten seconds later there in the darkness appeared a horned humanoid clad in a robe radiating a golden glow in front of Rex, and he soon found out he once again had a body.

"Sit!" said the man as a table and two chairs appeared out of nowhere. Rex just smiled and sat down, remembering the first time they had met.

6