Chapter 377
669 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, let's get back to the topic, then. The venue to be used for the launch party will be built mainly by Leold-sama. I will search for some possible locations for it. And as for the most important issue, the mithril ......"

 The most crucial thing is to obtain the mithril.

 At the moment, it is essential for the manufacture of cars and a good amount of it needs to be available for sale.

 Fortunately, the number of commoners and nobles is not the same, and the number needed is small, so the burden will be less.

'Why not go ahead and bring the Empire and the Holy Land into the picture?'"

"Hm. ......."

 The Empire and the Holy Land also have their own mithril mines.

 The Empire owns four and the Holy See owns one, making a total of five.

 Sylvia is right: if the the two countries cooperate with them, they will be able to make more cars. However, Leold's profits would be less.

"No. We can't ask the Empire and the Holy Land to help us."

"Why is that?"

"I know you want to sell your favours, but I want to wait until we have established domestic car manufacturing technology first. The Empire will be more developed than the Kingdom and will soon surpass us. That would not be in the national interest."

"So you're saying you'll keep it under wraps until car sales in the country are on track?"

"Yes. But eventually we will reveal it to the rest of the world."

"Reveal? For free?"

"No, I will discuss this with His Majesty and the Prime Minister. But I am thinking of making it available free of charge to the craftsmen who manufacture carriages in the country."

"Master Leold should have a monopoly on it, and make enormous profits from it. Are you sure you want to open it up to the general public free of charge?"

'Well, it's a lot of work to make a competitor, but I think it will be a good stimulus ...... and, above all, a good start to the nation's development. Just like Marco came up with the idea of the car when he saw the Imperial magic train."

 Sylvia's heart warmed as she looked at Leold, who was drinking tea and smiling fondly, remembering how he and Marco had once met.

'That's a very sweet thought, isn't it?

"'Well, first we have to do something about the mithril."

Yes, that's right ......"

 No matter how much they talk about it, without mithril, it's all just a wet dream.

 After all, there's no other way but to negotiate with the Duke of Flugel, even though it's a chore.

'Haa~......"

  After eating the sweets and drinking down the tea, Leold exhaled loudly and turned over with his hands folded over his head and on his forehead.

'Do you want to bellyache ......?'

 He can't say he doesn't want to do it forever.

'As much as it pains him, sometimes he has to give in.

 Leold exhaled deeply once more and looked up to face Sylvia.

"Sylvia. I need you to send a letter to the Duke of Flugel. ......"

"Master Leold. I know you don't like it, but it's only polite for the head of the house, to write a letter "

"After all, I must write to him myself."

"If the other party were not a duke, I would have been happy to write on your behalf, but this time it's ...... too much to ask."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Isabelle, arrange a meeting with the Duke of Flugel. I will write to him, so have a pen and paper ready."

"Excuse me. I'll provide you with the best paper."

"I beg you."

 Isabelle bows and leaves, and Leold and Sylvia start chatting and enjoying the remaining tea and sweets.

"Oh dear, life doesn't always go smoothly, eh?"

'Hmph, yes, it does. 'Leold-sama's life has been very bumpy, has it not?"

'It's no laughing matter, you know? Sylvia's involved now too, you know."

"That sounds exciting and fun everyday, yes. Although, these days, I'm busy with political affairs instead of Leold-sama."

"Ugh..... sorry about that."

'No, no, I don't blame you. My days are much busier than when I was at the royal castle, but I can see Leoldo every day like this, so I don't mind this."

"It's the same for me. I'm really glad Sylvia is here."

 The two of them create a pink space, perhaps because there is no one else in the room.

 
 If Isabelle had been here, she would definitely have made a scene, but unfortunately she is not here at the moment because she is obeying Leold's orders to get a paper and pen.

"Mm, the sweets are gone."

"And tea, too."

 The tea sweets that Isabelle had prepared ran out while they were chatting, and only an empty tea service remained on the table.

 Isabelle returns at just the right moment.

"I have just returned. Master Leold."

"Yes, thank you."

 After receiving a piece of paper and a pen from Isabelle, Leold immediately began to think about the contents of his letter.

 He began with a simple greeting, followed by a light update on his current situation, before writing about the main subject of the letter, the mithril.

"Hm. Is this enough?"

"May I check? Leold-sama."

"Yes. See if there is anything wrong."

 After saying this, Leold handed Sylvia the letter he had written to the Duke of Flugel.

After receiving the letter from Leold, Sylvia looked it over from cover to cover, checking for typographical errors and strange expressions, and after confirming that there were no particular problems, she handed it back to Leold.

"I think this one should be fine."

"How long do you think it will take to get a reply?"

"It's not bad for the Duke, and I think he'll come within a day or two upon Master Leold's request for a meeting."

"Maybe a little sooner."

"What do you mean by that? Isabelle."

"The Duke of Flugel's territory is also set up with a transfer magic circle, so it shouldn't take more than a day."

"That's right. If we tell him it's urgent, the transfer magic circle will be able to deliver it immediately, so we might get an answer by the end of the day."

"So we'll be meeting with him tomorrow then?"

"No, I doubt that."

 Leold tilts his head at Sylvia, who expresses a negative opinion.

'Why not? 'Because it's not a bad thing for the Duke of Flugel, and I'm sure he'll meet with me as soon as possible."

"That's true, but there is the matter of appearances. The Duke of Flugel has to be treated accordingly, So it will take him a day to prepare for the banquet and other events."

"I see. I don't really mind. ......"

"That's not how the Duke of Flugel sees it. The Duke of Flugel has to treat Leold, who is one of the highest in title but one of the highest in achievement. That's what nobility is all about. Master Leold."

"'They are troublesome beings, after all. Nobility is ......"

'Well, perhaps that's not all they are. ......"

 Sylvia, muttering meaningfully, exhaled gloomily.

 Leold was just thinking about it in a tedious way, but Sylvia was thinking about something else.

 Probably, Duke Flugel will take this opportunity to take in Léold or make a plan to sneak into his pocket.

 

'Well, then, I've covered what I need to talk about and I've written the letter to the Duke of Flugel. It's time to get back to work."

'You didn't have a particularly big job to do, did you?"

"Isabelle. Don't touch that."

 The fact that the two women were not in the same boat at the same time was a big problem for Leold.

 She is right, Leold is not particularly busy today.

 Since Sylvia is now doing political affairs in Leoldo's stead, he basically goes out to the field and takes direct command, but only today he just went to see the vehicles.

 In other words, as Isabelle said, Leold was not doing any work and was only making Sylvia work for him.

 When confronted with this fact, Leold is on the verge of throwing up blood.

"Do as you please, Leold-sama. That is definitely better than sitting in the Oval Office, biting down on the desk and scratching your head. I'll fill in the missing pieces and support you."

"Sí, Sylvia ......!"

  Almost crying with emotion and overflowing with love at the thought of a healthy thought, unintentionally Leold tried to hug Sylvia, but then Isabelle interrupted him.

"You may be engaged, but you are still an unmarried princess. Please refrain from any dishonourable behaviour."

"Mm. ......."

"Well, I don't mind that you do. ......"

"Sylvia. Please do not have pre-marital affairs."

"No, I won't go that far!"

"How far did it go, ......?"

"Well, that's ......, sleeping with her."

"That's already out of the picture. Since you have already held hands and folded your arms, I'll just ignore it, but sleeping together is not allowed."

 Isabelle makes a batten in front of her chest and addresses Sylvia as if she were a strict educator.

'You're already in physical contact with her, so it's not like you can't at least allow her to sleep with you!"

'No! 'No! 'It's not as if the wolf in Leold-sama's heart won't show its face!"

"We're so compatible with each other that it doesn't matter if mistakes are made."

'It's sweet, so sweet. Lady Sylvia. It is a sweeter thought than maple syrup! An old man like Leold-sama can easily give in to seduction. If there's a little bit of seriousness in you , it's as easy as twisting a baby's hand to subvert Master Leold."

'That's quite a way of putting it. ......"

Click

 At the same time as she said that, Isabelle opened her bosom to reveal her bare chest to Leoldo.

 
 Leold's gaze is drawn to Isabelle's chest, as if it were the tragic nature of male nature.

 Naturally, Sylvia, who was watching up close, was shocked and at the same time poked Leoldo in the eye.

"My eyes, my eyes ah!"

'So, Master Leoldo is a man too."

'You are very convincing, ......."

'Master Leold is a gentleman, but sometimes the evil eye gets the better of a person,"

"I've heard many unpleasant things about it. Every now and then a lady of the house has a fiancée who is in love with another woman, or a lady who has a husband but is spending her time in the lap of luxury with another man. ......"

"So you must keep a firm hold on the rein."

"What exactly do I have to do?"

"The old saying is to hold three bags."

"Three bags?"

"The stomach, the wages and the mother. So let's go and ask Master Leold's mother, Olivia, for her opinion."

 In fact, there are other bags, but Isabelle deliberately did not mention them, as they are too quaint and crude.

"That would be nice! I'd love to see Lady Olivia for the first time in a long time, and I'd also like to have a chat with Lady Leila."

"Then let's make arrangements."

 Next to Sylvia and Isabelle's excitement, Leold was holding his eyes and writhing in agony.

2