Chapter 380
659 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, that's enough about the Demon Lord for now. There's nothing we can do about it now."

"That's true. Well, as long as we can't find it, we can't do anything about it."

 Although countermeasures can be taken, they cannot be put into action.

 Leold thought about ending the Demon King as soon as possible while he was still in a less than perfect state, and asked Charlotte to search for him.

 The Demon King, who even managed to sneak past Charlotte's encirclement, has his hat off to Leodore.

'So~? What did you want from me~?"

"Ah. As a matter of fact, the car is about to be completed. I'm going to make a venue for the launch, but I came to you because I wanted to ask the opinions of various people."

'Oh, really? What's it like?

"This is my idea of a venue, or track. Let me know if you find anything particularly interesting."

 Leold gives Charlotte a piece of paper with the course drawn on it.

 Charlotte receives it, looks at the paper for a while and becomes quiet.

 As Charlotte becomes quiet, as if thinking about something, Leold hopes that perhaps he will be able to hear something interesting.

 However, this did not come to be.

'Sorry~. Leold. I don't understand this kind of thing either~'

"Then how about from a magical point of view?"

'Well then, wouldn't it be interesting to set a magic trap on this track?"

'Well, that would change the purpose of this ....... But it would be quite interesting."

'Right? So, you know, if we did this here and this here, that would be fun, wouldn't it?"

'Mmm-hmm. Then let's change the track a little bit more."

 It seems that Leold is getting excited and modifies the course based on Charlotte's opinion.

 It was not a friendly one like the one used for the first launch event, but a magical modification that would send the challengers to the depths of hell.

"mmm ....... This is terrible."

'But don't you want to try it?'

'You'd have to be prepared to die, let alone destroy your car."

'Must be great entertainment to watch."

'You're going to be limited in the number of drivers. ......"

 Sylvia, peering sideways at the contents of Leold and Charlotte's combined track, her face twitches at the sheer harshness of it, but at the same time she points out something that could be added.

"'How about this one for pairs? Say a driver and an attacker or a supporter? I think it would be better to have such person. That way the driver can concentrate on driving."

"Sylvia. That's hired!"

 Leold decided to go ahead with the project of an obstacle race after Sylvia pointed it out to him.

Despite the fact that the car is not yet in general use and mass production is not yet in sight, it is sure to be a spectacle that will be well received and will be good for publicity.

 In the first place, in a world where monsters are rife, obstacle races, where durability is the key, will surely be the best demonstration.

"It's going to be interesting!"

"'How about me and Leold competing in the demonstration?"

"Are you trying to kill me?"

'I'm sure Master Leold and Sister Char would have a blast."

'Sylvia. 'It would be a lot of fun, but there's no guarantee of safety for me. Char will surely make a mess of things, yes?"

'Don't worry~. I'll go easy on you so you don't die."

"I don't trust you! No, I can trust your magic. ......"

 Leold, who can't trust her , is looking anxiously blue.

'What~. 'You haven't done it yet, so there's no need to worry so much."

'I'm anxious even before I start. 'I'm afraid you're going to blow it up just for the fun of it."

'I'm sure Leold's drum tech will be fine! It'll be great entertainment!"

Don't say draughts! Where did you learn that? That's the word.

Master Leold. What do the word 'dratek' mean?

 Sylvia asks Leold, wondering about the unfamiliar word.

'Dramatech is an abbreviation for driving technique."

'I see. In other words, it's about the skill of the driver? "

Yes, that's right. Well, think of it as the automotive version of horsemanship.

"Perhaps, Mr Leordo, cars need tricks, like riding? Do cars need tricks like horse riding?

'Yes, it does. It will take some practice."

'...... then wouldn't you have to build a training school, or a training centre, or something?'

'............'

 Leold's eyes are darting around.

 The answer Sylvia came up with was the same as in modern Japan, something Leoldo had completely forgotten about.

"Sylvia is a master at this. I had a blind spot. Thank you."

"No, I think anyone could have thought of this."

"I'd forgotten about it. I've been so focused on the subject that I've neglected to look at it objectively."

 For better or worse, Leold is now in the position of a politician.

 His view of things had changed so much that he had forgotten that he needed a licence to drive a car.

 This is a serious situation.

 If he had sold the car as it was, it would have led to a catastrophe, and the blame would have been placed on Leold.

The shortage of mithril is a problem, but the licence comes first.

 Even if a car is completed, if there are no drivers, it is not ready for sale.

 The first thing to do is to obtain a licence.

 In other words, a driving school must be built and instructors trained.

"It's a pain in the ass, but if we don't solve this problem, it will be hard later on. ......"

Léoldo-sam. Let's think about the venue first. There's no end to it once we start thinking about it.'

'That's right. Let's make the track for the launch event first, and then think about the rest later.

'Hmm, that's right. 'Well then, let's make the launch track easy to understand so that people know what the car is about. Then, let's build an attractive track that can also be enjoyed as entertainment."

 In summary, the idea was to build a track that would demonstrate the usefulness of the car and show that it could also be used for entertainment.

 Leold decided to build a wide variety of courses, including an oval course in the orthodox oval shape.

'Sylvia, Char. It's going to be busy. Will you help me?"

"Leave it to me! I'll do my best to help you."

"I'll help you because it's fun too~"

 With the help of the two people, Leold returned to his office and began planning the construction of the venue to be used for the unveiling in earnest.

 ◇◇◇◇

 While Leold and the others were discussing the venue to be built for the launch event, Isabelle was delivering a letter to the Duke of Flugel's family using a transfer magic circle.

 When the gatekeeper receives Leold's letter from Isabelle, he rushes to the butler and gives him the letter, telling him that he has an urgent matter to attend to.

'I never thought I would receive a letter from the frontier count Harvest ......! I must hurry up and tell the Master!'

 More quickly than usual, the butler went to Bernard Flugel, the head of the Duke of Flugel family, and handed him the letter from Leold.

 When Bernard received the letter from the butler, he roared and held his brows as if his head was troubled.

'...... Butler. How do you see this letter?'

"May I see what it contains?"

"No matter. I want your frank opinion."

 After receiving the letter from Bernhardt, the butler looks at its contents with a sense of tension.

 After a few minutes of intense concentration on the letter, the butler seemed to have finished reading it, handed it back to Bernhardt and took a deep breath to catch his breath.

'You mean there's a delicious profit to be made, is that it?"

'Yes. That's pretty much what the letter said."

 Leold's letter began with a simple greeting, then a small talk-like update, and most importantly, a mention of Mithril.

"Not a bad tale. ......"

'What are you going to do about it?'

'Frontnier Count Harvest was a man of extraordinary achievements, a man of great literary and military prowess, and a hero of our times. Such a man wants mithril. More than what is available on the market can make up for."

"Does that mean he's going to start a new business ......"

"Probably, yes, definitely. And it's being handled by the Frontier Count. Harvest. It's guaranteed to generate huge profits."

"So, are you going to take the offer?"

There is no choice but to take it. But it cannot be without conditions. The frontier counties will continue to grow. I want to establish a permanent friendship."

"In other words, the young lady?"

'Mm. In exchange for the mithril, I will ask you to enter into a marriage contract with my daughter."

On the other hand, the fortnier count Harvest is engaged to the fourth princess, and has refused all offers of marriage, as if he does not intend to take the second wife. Will he really accept those terms?"

'That's the problem. ...... If the Harvest Frontier Count is offended, and this talk disappears, we will be in a tight position in the future. But we are the ones in a better position in this talk. I think they will make some compromises. ......

'What are you worried about?"

For example, the " Frontier Count Harvest is also the genius who revived the transitional magic circle. The thought that the mithril might possibly be transient makes me think ...... that a political marriage might not be a good idea."

'......I would normally counsel that you are thinking too much, but if the other party is that Frontier Count Harvest, it may not be impossible. Why not take a wait-and-see approach?"

'I'll do that, ....... If he doesn't like us, that's the end of it.'

 In the end, it was decided to be cautious and careful, and Bernard decided to send a reply to Leold that he wanted to discuss the matter with him first.

 Just to be sure, he called on his daughter, Testarossa, and ordered her to return to her parents' home.

3