Chapter 381
583 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'By the way, I haven't read through the reports lately, what's going on with that man, Testarossa?'

 Bernard decided to call his daughter Testarossa back home, but there was a matter of concern.

 It is her relationship with Sieg.

 He is giving her an education appropriate for a duchess, so he would like to think that no mistakes have been made, but there is always the possibility of something going wrong.

'It's been since school, but he's only been a good friend. We never eat together or go out together. Whenever the young ladies meet with Viscount Zexia, they always have a friend or an escort with them."

'I see. I am relieved to hear that."

 The political marriage is also included in the conditions, albeit provisionally, so Testarossa's virtue must be safe.

 If Sieg had laid a hand on her, Bernhardt would have made her pay for her crime, no matter what the cost.

'Shall I advise the young lady to sever all relations with Viscount Zexia?"

'No, that's fine. If she still had a feud with the Count of Harvest, she would have done so, but I have information that she has already reconciled with him. There's no need to force a separation."

'But, may I? There are rumours about Viscount Zexia that are not very favourable."

'Womanising, ....... Well, it's true that many women adore him, not least Miss Elina of the Van Steen family."

'Yes. I suspect that the young lady is regarded as one of them.'

 The butler is worried that Leold knows about the rumours and might suspect that Testarossa might also be in Sieg's favour.

'That Harvest frontier count would have already obtained that level of information long ago. He would know that Testarossa has no scruples.'"

 Bernard smiles confidently, but Leold is aware that Testarossa is a member of Sieg's harem.

 Leold is convinced that Testarossa is a member of Siegfried's harem, although he suspects that they don't get on very well.

 Bernhardt could not have predicted how this minor misunderstanding would develop in the future.

'But what is it about Sieg that makes him so attractive ......?

'After all, isn't it because he has a pleasant, un-noble character? 'I have heard that he acts in a way that is unlike a nobleman's son,'

'Yes, he does. It is because of this character that he was able to take a bite out of the Harvest frontier counts in the past. It's good that he has a sense of justice that doesn't favour evil, but I'd rather he didn't get others into trouble for it."

I'd say it was a youthful mistake, but I hear that his character is still going strong and he's the centre of attention in the Order."

"Famous in both good and bad ways."

 The reputation of Sieg is split between the nobility and the common people, but the one thing they have in common is that he is a womaniser.

He has been friends with several women, including the daughters of the nobility and the commoners, and as he has yet to date anyone, there are suspicions that he is a homosexual.

'I hope he will marry Count Vanessa's Mistress Clarice as soon as possible."

"That would be the best and safest solution. ......"

 It was the wish of the nobles, including Bernard, that the relationship with Clarice, who had been the cause of the duel with Leold, should be decided as soon as possible.

 The two have a history with Leold, and just getting involved could lead to disadvantages, so once the two are together, they should be kicked out of the social world together to remove the cause of uneasiness.

 The Count Vanessa is secretly supported by Leold, so there is no problem with her being ostracised from the social world.

'He's not a bad person, but he's deadly unfit for nobility, which is a pity.

'He might pass the test as a human being, but as a nobleman he fails, and as a man he's probably a grade above?'

'I think he fails when so many women like him and put them on hold, but maybe not from a woman's point of view.

'Well, now, who knows? I don't know.'

 The topic of Sieg was closed, as further discussion would only waste time.

'Well, let's write a reply to the Harvest Frontier Count, shall we? 'I'm sorry, but you'll have to provide me with the finest paper.'

Pardon me."

 To reply to Leold's letter, Bernard asks the butler for the finest quality paper. This is the utmost politeness and to maintain his dignity.

'............ should I also prepare some stomach pills?'

 In the room where the butler has left, Bernard decides to prepare a stomachic for his meeting with Leold.

 This was because Bernard knew that, for better or worse, Leold was and always would be a troublemaker.

◇◇◇◇

 The day after he wrote to Duke Flugel, Leold had come to the car factory with Sylvia and Charlotte in tow after their morning meeting.

'How's it going? Everything going well?'

'Yes. 'It's fine. I think it will be a while before we reach our goal number, but I'm not exaggerating when I say it's finished.'

"I see. So, when it's finished, we'll have a celebration"

"I'm looking forward to it!"

 The workers at the car factory, led by Marco, are in high spirits.

 Probably, no, definitely Leoldo will buy the drinks, and there is no reason not to be happy about the fact that there will be plenty of free booze to go around.

 The workers muster the last of their strength for their after-work reward.

 All for free drinks.

'They change expression obviously.'

'Huh, isn't it nice? 'People who work hard deserve to be rewarded, not punished."

'That's why people can work hard~. Isn't that right, Leold?"

'Well, yes.'

 Leoldo and the others left behind the factory and decided to look around the building site of the venue to be used for the launch event.

 The distance to be travelled is quite a bit, although they go out to the outskirts of Zeat for a walk.

 Even at the nearest place, it takes an hour to travel by horse.

 However, it was not an emergency, so Leold and the others walked slowly.

"Sylvia. Are you sure you didn't need to use a horse?"

'Yes. No problem."

"But it's a long way and the road is not paved, so it's quite tiring, isn't it?"

'Master Leold. I am aware that I was spoiled by the royal upbringing, but I can use magic to strengthen my body, you know?"

When you came to Zeat's facility before, you couldn't do such a thing, could you ......?"

'I taught her. You never know what's out there, do you? So I thought Sylvia should have the skills to fight to some extent."

'I see. If Charu is teaching you, it's safe enough, but ...... don't get too carried away, okay?"

 However, the only thing to fear is that Charlotte will be amused and train Sylvia too much.

 Leold knows about it in the game, but he doesn't know how good Sylvia really is.

 He only knows that she boasts an invincible defence in the Sacred Warding.

 Therefore, he does not know to what extent Sylvia can endure Charlotte's training, nor does he know how far she will grow.

 On the one hand, he was looking forward to it, but on the other hand, he was also anxious.

I'll be fine~. I'll just keep it to self-defence."

'I'm worried ....... Sylvia, if you ever feel pain, you can always tell me. I'll do whatever I can do.'

 Sylvia is a very good actress, but she's not the only one who can do it.

 Although itchy, Leold thought that the only thing he could do was to take care of Sylvia so that she wouldn't get sick from the stress.

'Yes, that's right. When I'm in pain or in a difficult situation, I rely on Leold-sama, okay?'

 Sylvia smiles at Leoldo, who looks at her with concern.

'You're out of your mind~. Unlike Leold, Sylvia is very delicate, so there is no way she would be reckless."

In other words, it's okay for me to do whatever I want to do!"

"I'm not saying that. Sylvia and I are worried about you because you're always reckless."

 When told that, Leold can't say anything.

 He is trying his best because he doesn't want to die, but what he is doing and what he is saying are always inconsistent.

"Ugh. ....... I'm really sorry about that.'

'If you really feel bad about it, you have to do us a favour even by accident~.'

 Saying so, Charlotte winks mischievously at Sylvia.

 

 Sylvia, sensing Charlotte's intention, smiles mischievously and pleads with Leold to spoil her.

'That's right~. Sister Charlotte is right. Since Leold-sama makes us worry all the time, it's only natural that you should listen to our requests.'

'Ah, ah. I'll do anything I can do."

 Sylvia and Charlotte look at Leold, who apologetically lowers his head and smiles with a dejected look on their faces.

4