Chapter 383
557 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leold, who knew nothing about it, looked up at the sky with a pouty face until the end of their private conversation.

Sylvia is right, I wish this peaceful time would last forever. Then maybe I'd feel a little better too~''

 The current Leold is also living in peace and tranquillity, but it is only temporary.

 The demon king's arrival is expected to happen in the future.

 The biggest and worst death flag for Leold.

 An enemy that is an unprecedented threat and more powerful than anything he has ever faced before.

 Leold is steadily preparing for the attack of the Demon King, but he can't shake off his anxiety.

'(A Demon King that even Charlotte can't spot?)'

 Before leaving for the Holy Land, Leold asked Charlotte to search for the Demon King in order to eliminate the seeds of anxiety as soon as possible, but the Demon King has still not been found.

"(Oh no - ....... I bet he's even more evil than in the original story~")

 Leold has already decided that it is not a game and is moving to get rid of the Demon King as soon as possible, but as long as even Charlotte can't find him, the Demon King's attack is almost certain.

'(At the very least, it would have been nice if there was something about where the Demon King was born or something like that in the original story, but that's something that doesn't exist, I guess. I should just use all the wisdom, knowledge, contacts, funds and everything else I have now. ......)'

 In the first place, the Destiny 48 game also does not specify when, where and how the Demon King was born.

 In the game, the event of the demon king's attack starts suddenly.

 To be precise, the Monster Procession occurs first, followed by the event of the attack on the Royal City.

 Naturally, the main character , player goes to suppress the monster procession, but it does not even pose a threat because Sylvia, who has an invincible defence against anything related to demons, is located in the Royal Capital.

 There, for the first time, the protagonist sees Sylvia's cheat in action and is shocked.

 However, because of her extraordinary abilities, she is doomed to die in the event of the Demon King's attack.

 Set up in a trap by the Demon King, Sylvia is cruelly killed.

 Many people may have shed tears when Sylvia, who is highly popular in terms of both her appearance and her abilities, was killed in the heroine popularity poll, despite being a sub-heroine who cannot be captured.

 However, in a game, she would not die except in a harem route.

 It has been confirmed that she married a leading noble in the country and is living peacefully.

' (Well, what's to be done about that? ......)

 No matter how much he racks his brains, there is no solution.

 As long as Charlotte does not find the Demon King, there is nothing that can be done.

 For now, it's all he can do just to prepare for the demon king's attack.

'Hey, Leoldo~. What are you standing there staring off?"

What? Ah, did you finish your conversation?

'It was over long ago~."

'Oh, yeah. I didn't notice."

"Um, Leold-sama. What are you thinking about?"

"I'm thinking about the Demon Lord. I was thinking..."

'It's no use thinking about it. No matter how hard the search goes, we can't find him."

It's too late if the Demon King attacked when we noticed. ......

'That's right. If possible, I would like to strike the Demon King before he has gained power yet.

'That's right. I don't know if the Demon Lord hasn't been reborn yet, or if he has already come into being and is building up his power, but if at all possible, I'd like to deal with him quietly and without anyone knowing."

  It is too late after the attack of the Demon King.

 Ideally, everything should be done without anyone knowing about this.

 The preparations Leold is making for the Demon King's attack will be wasted, but it would be far better if the Demon King never showed up.

'That would be the best, but it's impossible right now~. I've released my messengers all over the continent to look for him, but I can't find him. Maybe there is no such thing as a Demon King~."

'That's all right then, ......."

'It's going to be a lot to get over. But I think that's the best way to find peace."

 All this thinking and worrying, and in the end it's best if nothing happens at all.

 Afterwards, it's just as well to have a drink with it.

 He could only hope for a future in which he could laugh about the foolish things he had done at the time.

 After walking for a while, Leold and the others finally reached their destination.

 The area is still unexplored, so it is wooded, but there is a moderately vast plain spread out before their eyes.

 All they had to do was to cultivate this area and build a course venue for the unveiling party, but Leoldo was a little dissatisfied.

'It's flat.'

'What's wrong with that? I've seen the track you've drawn and I don't see why it can't be flat.'

'I want something more complex and daring, something that takes advantage of the topography. It's more spectacular and, above all, it shows off the performance of the cars."

But, Leold. Are the cars that are being developed at the moment that good?"

"............They are built to be used on well-paved roads or the carriage roads we use today, so they are not designed for unpaved, uneven roads."

'Then it's impossible to do the complicated and daring track you were talking about earlier."

"Leold. First of all, you need to make sure you have a good car, which is the basis of the project, and then think in the direction of hobbies, tastes and recreation."

 It is a harsh opinion, but Sylvia is right.

 First of all, people must know what a car is.

 It's not good to suddenly make something strange and have people look at you with suspicion.

 Even if Leold himself has trust and a proven performance, Marco and his colleagues have no trust in or track record with the cars they have made.

 If that is the case, the first priority is to aim for a reliable and stable supply of cars that can be driven with peace of mind.

'The problem is supply - ......'

'Yes, that's right. It seems that we need a stable supply of mithril, so it's going to take a lot of work to popularise cars.

'I want one of those cars too! Leold, I'll leave you the driver!

'Learn it yourself. Or let the golem drive it.'

 Leold shoots a scathing remark at Charlotte's out-of-place remark.

The first time I saw the site, I thought it might be a bit too late to change the terrain with earth magic. Why don't we make a course using appropriate land and change it with earth magic each time, without having to go to the site to check?"

'I see. I didn't know there was a way to do that. ......"

 Leold was also reminded by Sylvia's words that, because of the magic, a power that defies the laws of physics, there is no need to use heavy equipment and develop the area on a yearly basis, as in modern day Japan.

 In the first place, since Zeat was developed with earth magic, it was not surprising to notice that much, but the memory from modern Japan in a strange place makes Leold's perception strange.

 It is neither good nor bad, as it is convenient in some respects, but it can also be inconvenient at times.

'Well... It's a little late for that, right? With such a vast plot of land, we could probably build all the tracks that Leold had in mind, couldn't we?"

'Yes. We can do most of it. And we can schedule the installation."

"Then I'll call on all the earth magicians".

"Yes, please. "

 In this way, the work on the track to be used for the launch event was decided in an unhurried manner.

 At last, the road paving work was finished recently and the earth magicians who had been taking a rest were decided to be used heavily once again.

 Leold is known as the "devil lord", the "outlandish lord" and the "lawless lord", but he is paying the wizards well and they are working at the front of the line.

 The only problem is that the results he gets are so unreasonable that the earth wizards call him by a funny nickname to express their awe and respect.

 Of course, he hears this, but he doesn't particularly care.

 As long as they work diligently, I don't hear any complaints.

'By the way, have you heard back from the Duke Flugel?"

'No, I haven't yet received it."

'Why not? 'I thought the letter was supposed to have been delivered yesterday by transference magic, didn't it?"

'I'm sure it has arrived, but the Duke Flugel must be wondering how he should reply."

'Hmm. ....... 'Why should he be bothered? I don't think it's a bad deal for the Duke Flugel either. ......'

'It's not a bad deal, but I think there's a lot of speculation going on in Duke Flugel's head."

'I don't think it's that complicated a story...'

'I don't think it's that difficult for us, but I think it's a big deal for the Duke of Flugel. Perhaps he's making a big deal out of it?"

'So much for that. ......

'Leold~. You should think about how much you're affecting the people around you.

"Charl is right. Leold-sama should think once again about how much influence he has."

 When Sylvia pressed him, Leold flinched, but understood the meaning of the statement, and shook his head cockily.

3