Chapter 385
585 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally forgiven, Leoldobegins to write a reply to the Duke Flugel, enduring the pain in his tingling cheek.

 Next to him is Charlotte, who is pulling on Leoldo's cheek and enduring the zinging pain.

 And Sylvia, who was monitoring the two to make sure they didn't start playing with each other, was standing there with an iron fan given to her by Isabelle.

'Master Leold. What's next?'

 Although it was cute to see her buzzing around the iron fan, from Leoldo's perspective it looked like she was wielding a deadly weapon, and she tried her best to be serious and not get hit with the iron fan.

 Thanks to her efforts, the letter with the reply to the Duke of Flugel was quickly completed, and Sylvia nodded in satisfaction.

I'm dreadfully tired, ......."

'Did you say something?'

'No, nothing. ......"

'If Master Leold hadn't been playing with sister Char , you would have finished much earlier, wouldn't you?"

"Yes. ......"

"It's important to relax, but that doesn't mean you have to do nothing but play."

"Yes. ......"

 

 Sylvia scolded Leold, who was shunned and smaller, with a hand on the waist, as if an older sister was scolding a younger child.

'You're sitting on my ass~.

'I think it's just fine like that. 'I don't know what Leold-sama will do if someone doesn't hold the reins."

"So Sylvia and I are a good match."

"I think it's fine. The only thing left is physical attraction".

"It's a bit of a dirty joke, but that's important too."

By the way, I've heard that Leoldo-sama is also an excellent man, according to Olivia-sama.

'What a surprise ...... that her own mother would say such a thing. I'm sure it's Olivia who's the real deal."

'I was asked by Olivia to take you to see Leoldo while he was bathing, but there was a sad incident during that visit."

 It was a sad incident in which Leoldo's feelings disappeared for a brief period of time.

 It is a relief that there are only three persons involved, but since Isabelle is among them, it is only a matter of time before Sylvia and Charlotte eventually find out.

'By the way, here's a letter, how about this?'

 After the lecture, Leold showed the letter to Sylvia.

 Sylvia checked to see if there were any problems.

 Sylvia gave the letter back to Leold, saying that there were no problems and that it would pass the test.

"I think it will be fine."

'I see. Isabelle. Take this letter to Duke Flugel."

'Yes, I will."

 Having handed the letter to Isabelle, Leold let out a deep breath.

'Well, I've set a visit three days later, but what to do until then: ......'

 He thought about constructing a track venue for the car launch, but three days is too short a time to make a quick decision.

 Of course, it doesn't mean it can't be done, but I'd like at least ten days.

 With that much time, it would be possible to create something perfect, but also more elaborate.

"......"

"Leold-sama. You have three days to spare, so do as you please while you still can. Yes, how about, for example, shopping, sightseeing in the capital, or visiting your parents?"

[............]

 Sylvia's suggestions are very much appreciated, but it is difficult for Leold to agree to them because they are all troublesome for him.

 Leold frowns at the first two as they are almost the same.

 And as for the latter, he would like to be given a break.

 If he goes back to his parents' house, he will have his mother, sister, fiancée and Charlotte all together.

 It's obvious what will happen.

 If possible, it would be something to avoid, but eventually I'll have to get over it.

 But not at the moment.

 A little more time, Leold thinks, when things have settled down.

 Leoldo thinks that once the car is completed, the Knights are reinforced, and the territorial reforms are over, it will be time to visit his parents' house, as Sylvia says, but that would be too delayed.

 If he did so, he would either be urged by the other side or they would charge at him.

 Now, as in the past, there is no need to spend a long time travelling by carriage, and transfer magic can bring them to Zeat in an instant.

'What is it? 'Master Leold."

"That ...... thing. Let's talk about that later."

 Sylvia, of course, saw that Leold was having a troublesome time, and when she glanced at him, she approached him with a whimper.

"Leold-sama. You remember the promise we made earlier, don't you?"

'The promise we made earlier. ...... Eh? No way, already?"

'Because as soon as the negotiations with the Duke of Flugel are over, Leoldo-sama will go back to manufacturing cars, right? Then you won't have time to relax like this. ......"

"No, well, that's ......"

 In nine out of ten cases, Sylvia is right: Leold will be busy with car manufacturing once he has the Mithril.

 Naturally, Leold knew this himself.

'That's why I'm here, master Leold You can rest assured."

"What?"

"We'll wrap up work today and tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow and the day after that, we'll spend the day after that relaxing."

"What does that mean?"

"Today and tomorrow you will do your job as a lord with dignity."

 Smiling at him, Sylvia is as pretty as an angel, but in Leold's eyes, she is the devil.

 ◇◇◇◇

 Upon receiving Leold's reply, Bernard breathed out a sigh of relief.

'Apparently, the Harvest Frontier Count is willing to put up a good front for me".

'Oh, that would be appreciated."

'But don't get carried away, though. The fourth princess has probably arranged this. This time it just so happens that the other side is taking the lower hand, but by nature we are the ones who are inferior."

'I am very sorry to say this, but the only thing we are superior to them is our family background."

'Don't say it. It makes me sad. ......"

 Bernhardt covers his eyes to hold back his tears.

 As the butler says, the only thing that Leoldo has won is his family background.

 Everything else is a complete and total loss.

 Honour, glory, wealth - Leold has it all.

 He is worthy of great respect, both as a nobleman and as a man.

'Hah ....... There is no point in mourning. We must start preparing a banquet worthy of welcoming the Harvest Frontier Count. We've been given three days' time, so let's make it a grand, grand affair."

"Yes, of course."

"And call Testarossa."

"Yes, sir."

 The butler leaves the room to call Testarossa.

 Bernhardt read the letter again for a while and was working out the budget for Leoldo's receptions when the butler and Testarossa entered the room.

'You wanted to see me, ? 'Father."

'Mm. As I think I told you the other day, I need you to welcome the Harvest Frontier Count.'

"Is that all?"

 Testarossa guessed that she would be forced into a political marriage when she was called back to her parents' house by the knighthood about Leoldo.

 In the future, Leold will still be very active.

 How much profit could she gain by staying by his side?

 Unless one is a fool, anyone can see that.

 And there is only one way to benefit from it to the fullest.

 Become Leold's kinsman.

 In other words, if the political marriage puts her in the second wife's slot, the Duke of Flügel will be able to enjoy the benefits that Leold will generate in the future to the maximum extent.

 Testarossa, who thought that this was why she had been summoned, tilted her head when Bernhardt ordered her to entertain Leold.

'After some thought, I thought it would be bad to give you in marriage.'

'Was it because ...... I was on friendly terms with Viscount Zexia?"

'That's part of it, but perhaps the Harvest Frontier Count is as devoted to his bride as he is to her father. That's probably why he has refused all offers of marriage since his marriage to Her Royal Highness the Fourth Princess.

"Ah. ....... That is certainly true. It would not be a good result if forced to marry me off with this story. If it goes badly, they might even turn against us."

'That's what I mean. If I could, I would have let you marry him, but ......"

'Wasn't it wrong that father gave up on you when you were a child in the first place?"

'You can't predict something like that! In fact, it would have caused a great deal of trouble at the academy! Attempted rape of a Countess is something that cannot be tolerated. ......"

'Yes, that's right. ...... There is certainly nothing defensible about that one, is there?"

'I know, right? But who'd have thought they'd crawl out of it?"

"Now, the heavyweights in all three countries are keeping a close eye on him."

"I'm full of hope and anxiety about what they will do next, what they will do. ......"

 The heavyweights in the three countries must be feeling a lot of emotional distress.

 Leold is so prominent, in both good and bad ways, that it is impossible to ignore him.

'By the way, Testarossa. Are you acquainted with the Harvest Frontier Count now?'

'Yes, I am. 'He came to visit me once before to see if I knew anything about an old acquaintance . A few words at the time.

"What was your impression?"

'Dignified, stately and handsome."

"It's not about appearance, it's about what's on the inside. ......"

"Of course, it's about what's inside, too. He's a nice young man who makes one want to be a bit mean to him."

"Are you sure you want to be rude to him?"

I'm fine. Privately, I'm allowed to call him Leo, like in the old days.

"So it's all right ......?

 Bernard decided that although it was a bit questionable, it was okay because it had been permitted by the man himself.

 However, even if Léold allows it, it is not clear whether Sylvia would allow it or not.

3