Chapter 4 – Home
222 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The last clan members of the Asago clan finally stopped traveling. Neja and Denji both agreed that they traveled far enough to not be tracked, not to mention they were in new lands. It was not likely that their enemies would cross the border just to find them.

Although they were in new lands, that did not mean any of them were safe. In fact, some could say this was more dangerous.

They had no allies, they knew none of the clans. Here, everyone was an enemy until they were a friend. In these times, bonding with other clans was difficult unless both clans had a similar goal.

"Yuri and Mishiomoto go out and scout the area, take Kermit with you as well."

Neja told the two teenagers.

"Take Kermit? Wouldn't he slow us down?"

Yuri asked as she glanced in Kermit's direction.

He was small and barely knew how to control his chakra. He was still in the learning process, thus it would be difficult for him to keep up with her and Mishimoto's pace.

Denji nodded.

"Take it as his right of passage. If anything goes wrong, you two will help him out. The best experience a person can have is real experience."

Yuri sighed but said nothing else.

"Don't worry Yuri! I'll try my best."

Kermit added.

Mishimoto stayed silent, he knew of Kermit's progress better than anyone. Slow at first, he could see that his younger brother was improving at a fast rate. While he might not be a prodigy, Kermit could be considered a genius in his eyes.

"Get going, just see what sort of animals are around and let us know if you spot any patrols. Don't fight, just observe. If it does come to it, you two know what to do."

Neja told them as he sent the three of them away.

"We were thirty strong, now it is just us six. Our clan really isn't favored it would seem."

Neja let out a dry laugh as he finished speaking.

"We can rebuild, grow stronger. It will just take time."

Ai reassured her husband.

"Time is not something we have. There will never be peace in these lands, clans are driven by their wild ambitions. In ten years, Yuri and Mishimoto may surpass us. In twenty years, we might not even be alive."

Denji spoke reminding the two of them about their age and the truth of the matter.

He did not lie, fighting was an every day occurrence and many did not live to see the age of twelve. What they needed was not time, but strength.

"Two years. That is all we need, two years' time. Then we can make our move."

Neja said as he looked Denji in the eye.

"Over the years we were just like all the others, using our power and influence to oppress those beneath us. We fought like animals and expanded our land. Yet, what did it get us in the end? Death. We were inches away from being annihilated, inches! We were lucky, but we cannot always count on luck to save us. We grow slow from now on, small goals, one at a time. Until we get our revenge."

Neja finished as he gritted his teeth.

He would never forget his clansmen's death. He would not forgive those who harmed him. Neja was a vengeful person, and his clansmen knew it. But, Neja was not dumb. Even if he recovered he would not have the ability to take on his foe.

"In two years we will groom our youngsters, mentor them once more. We need to make sure they are more prepared than they ever will need to be."

Ai chimed in.

"We also need to make allies. Friends who are strong, but not much stronger than us. We cannot assimilate them into our clan nor force them to join us. This time, we have to gain their trust, not have them fear us."

Ai continued.

"I agree. We settle here, build a home and increase our strength. Every so often we will send the kids to take care of certain matters to increase their experience. The more that they have, the better off they will be."

Denji said.

Neja nodded.

"I like that idea, but if we have them go against other shinobi we should first assess that person's strength. If they are too strong, the kids will lose and die. If they are too weak, the kids will not learn anything nor will they grow. Instead, they will become too arrogant like we were."

All three adults were in agreement. Going forward they knew what needed to be done, but they could only wonder how much time did they have.

Denji moved his hands as he created symbols.

"Earth Jutsu: Earth wall!"

A wall of earth grew from the ground. It was ten feet high and thick.

Denji continued to conjure more walls of earth until it created a square. On top was a roof, but the building he created was lacking a door and windows. It was an easy fix for Denji as he placed his hand on the building and a part of the wall crumbled creating an entrance. He did this again but instead of an entrance, it was a window.

This was how he built homes. It was quick and easy, but not the most comfortable. This would have to do for now until they gathered resources to build something better.

This was their home.

7