Chapter 14 – Mystery
170 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Aren't you tired yet?" Kermit asked Izumi who was still kicking the pebble around with ease. She was doing tricks with it such as kicking it above her head only to spin and and catch it before it hit the ground.

"No. This isn't tiring, it's fun!" Izumi said as she smiled. "But, why are you so bad at it?" Izumi asked Kermit.

Whenever he tried to do it, he always let the pebble drop. Usually it happened after keeping the pebble afloat for twenty or so kicks.

"Why are you so good?" Kemit returned her question with a question of his own.

"I don't know. I just focus on the pebble." Izumi answered him.

"I do too, but it's hard keeping my balance, paying attention to the pebbles fall and controlling my strength." Kermit told her.

Izumi kicked the pebble up and caught it with her hand. "You did better than the others I've played with. The only one who can beat me are the older kids." Izumi said proudly.

"This is a popular game?"

Izumi nodded. "All the kids in my clan play it. Your clan doesn't?"

Kermit shook his head.

"It's just a few of us. We aren't a large clan." Kermit told her.

"Oh. Have you thought of a way out of here?" Izumi asked.

"Honestly I forgot about that. Want to take a walk and see? Your eyes may be better than mines." Kermit suggested.

Izumi nodded. "Alright, let's go. We might find those berries you were talking about too."

Kermit laughed a little. "I hope so. I'm kind of hungry now too! If only that wolf didn't take my rabbit."

This was the second time Kermit mentioned this wolf. Izumi was curious if it was the same one she saw before she entered this place.

The two of them chatted as they walked. They did find a bush with berries on it, but they never found a way out. It was not long before they were right back where they started.

"How did this get here?" Kermit asked as he rushed towards the boulder and saw the dead rabbit he hunted earlier.

"Is that what you hunted?" Izumi asked as she emerged by his side.

Kermit nodded. "Yeah, but the wolf took it."

"Maybe it came back?" Izumi said unsure if that was even a wolf's behavior.

"I don't know, but food is food." Kermit said as if he could already taste the meat.

A distance away from the two kids, a pack of wolves were eyeing them. Watching their behaviour without making a sound.

One wolf had a scar over its right eye and in its mouth was a pipe. "Are you positive these are the kids?" The wolf spoke in human language.

"They were chosen by Ibuki. How else would they have entered?" Another wolf asked. This wolf had gray fur and a black bow on its neck.

"We'll test them tonight. Ibuki better be right about this. No humans have been here in thirty years."

6