Chapter 19 – Raised by Wolves
126 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kermit sighed, he was at a loss. What was he supposed to do here? This was unlike what he could recall. Weren't Sage's supposed to pass on their knowledge to those that found them? He was excited to have found a Sage, but now, he was disappointed.

Kermit could already picture himself going sage mode and defeating an army by himself. However, it seed that was only a dream of his.

"Kermit..." Izumi spoke up softly, almost in a whisper.

Kermit looked up at her. She was usually cheerful but seeing her now made Kermit feel sad. Izumi looked depressed, and he could understand why. She bad her sights set on leaving this place and making it back home. Now, she was stuck here with no way out.

"Yes?" Kermit replied.

"What do you think we should do?" Izumi asked him.

Kermit shook his head. How was he supposed to know?

"Umm... We should train and search for an exit. We need to keep our minds off our situation or else we will think everything is hopeless." Kermit told her as he stood up from the ground.

Izumi looked at him for a moment before she nodded. "Ok, what do we do first?"

Kermit did not respond right away. He truly did not know, after all, he was just a shinobi-in-training. His family taught him what he knew so far, and that did not mean much.

"If you want to know, I'll teach you." A voice said drawing both the childrens attention.

Kermit spotted the large wolf with the scar over it's right eye. The pipe in it's mouth was emitting smoke as it sat a distance away watching the two of them.

Izumi tilted her head in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Izumi questioned the sacred wolf. She's never heard of a wolf teaching a human. But then again, she has never heard of a talking animal either.

"I'll teach you what you want to know. The Wolf Sage does not believe in you, but knowing Ibuki... The two of you have something special. So, I'll teach you." The scared wolf told them.

Kermit took a step forward.

"And what do you want in return?" Kermit asked.

"You have nothing to offer me. But, if I could choose... I would have to say entertainment."

"Entertainment?" Kermit asked in confusion.

"When you are as old as we are, you start to feel bored of seeing the same thing. The old man refuses to pass on our teachings to you as he wants to wait for the one meant to save us. However, he should accept the two of you as long as you have good potential." The scared wolf replied.

Kermit took note of what the wolf said, but what did he mean by 'save us'?

Izumi looked at Kermit. "What should we do?"

Kermit glanced at her, "We don't really have another choice do we?"

Izumi shook her head. Her knowledge of shinobi arts were very minimal. She was willing to learn but still felt that something was off. Her father always warned her to watch out for anything that seemed to favor her too much. Was this what he was talking about?

"Good, then I take it you both are prepared to be raised by wolves?" As the scared wolf asked them that question, Kermit could see those golden eyes appear all throughout the forest. Clearly, they were not alone.

Kermit and Izumi both huddled closer together. The temperature around them felt as if it dropped by several degrees. They were in a place with no one to rely on, with creatures much stronger than them. Neither of them knew what laid in their future. Not did they understand that their family could not find them.

They would have to leave this place on their own. Yet, who knows how long that would take.

4