Chapter 20 – Waiting
127 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Denji faced a lot of threats in his life, but he has never experienced anything like this. Currently he had his face hung low as he was too ashamed to look up. Neja, his brother was beside him doing the same. In front of them was Ai who was shouting furiously.

Kermit was lost and they could not find him. A whole day of searching and nothing. Not even a sign of that barrier he once saw.

With her child missing Ai was upset, and angry at the same time. Which she had every right to be. There was no telling how Kermit was doing in the wild.

"Why did you drag me into this?" Neja asked in a hushed voice.

"You don't expect me to face her alone, do you?" Denji replied.

Neja could only sigh. He too was worried about his son, but it was Kermit. He would come back to them, he always did.

"Let her just get it out then I'll talk to her. We can't stop building our foundations." Neja told Denji.

Denji nodded.

"The kids should be back by now, hopefully they brought us more tools we need. Maybe we can gain some insight into the clans in this land."

"That would be great if they did, but we need more information. Those Hyuga seem powerful and they knew we were here. We need to find out if there are any more like them to either befriend or avoid." Neja replied.

"I can search for those men in black. They couldn't be too far away, especially if the person inside that barrier was around Kermit's age." Denji said.

Neja thought about it for a moment. That was not a bad idea. Both their families lost someone to that mysterious barrier, it might bring their families closer together. An alliance was more than welcome, as long as the other side did not carry too much baggage.

Seeing the nod on his brother's head, Denji knew he had the ok to proceed. Truthfully he wanted to get far away from Ai while he still had the chance. Who knew how long she would be upset at them. Denji did not want to stay to find out.

Fifteen minutes later, Ai seemed to finally cool down. The trees in the area were utterly destroyed by her rampage, but no one was harmed. She did give Denji a deathly glare that caused all his hairs to stand up straight. But that was all.

Denji rushed back to their home leaving Ai and Neja alone.

Neja placed his one hand on Ai's shoulder. "He will come back to us, he is an Asago." Neja told his wife.

Ai shrugged his hand off of her. "What does that mean? Kazu never came back, Kermit could be the same. I can't lose another one Neja, I just can't..."

Neja felt her pain, after all he too lost his first born son. Although Kazu was not the most skilled shinobi, he still did his duties. He protected their clan even when it meant giving up his own life in return.

"Look at me Ai! He won't be, things will turn out different this time." Neja told his wife, not only for her to believe but for him too. He needed to believe in those words and trust in himself.

Ai looked into his eyes. "How do you know?" She asked him.

"We have no enemies here, we are starting fresh. We were luckily to find out that he is in a barrier from Denji, without knowing that we'd be searching for days. Whatever is going on in that barrier, Kermit is safe. If we can't enter, nor find it, that means no one else can either." Neja paused for a second before he looked in the direction their home was in.

"We need to be prepare for his return. Whenever that may be.

4