Chapter 21 – War on the horizon
118 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuri was kneeling down rummaging through a dead body for anything usable. There were many people dead that could be found, but not a lot who still carried something. During this time period ninja tools were difficult to come by. If your family did not have a forge to make their own, then you had to go out and search for some.

Their family did have a forge, even a blacksmith. However, they no longer had those things, instead their clan was like all the others with no foundation. Having to scrap by with what they found.

Yuri still felt the hatred in her heart for what happened, but she could not act alone. That was foolish and she knew that. Instead, it was best to bide their time and gather strength. That was the only way to survive and see their revenge.

From the dead man's pouch Yuri found a note. It was slightly soaked in blood so the note was kind of hard to read. Still, she picked it up and glanced it over.

"What did you find?" Mishimoto asked her as he appeared behind her. "I got two kunai and a shuriken. Some wire as well, but not sure if that would help us."

Mishimoto saw the note in Yuri's hand and examined it.

Yuri looked back towards him. "There is going to be a war, whoever this was, was heading back to inform his leaders about it." Yuri told Mishimoto.

"Even here we can't escape. Does it state which clans are going to be involved?" Mishimoto asked.

Although they were lacking in information about their surroundings and the clans around them. It would still be nice to know.

Yuri shook her head. "It is difficult to read because of the blood. All I see is the name of one clan, Narukami."

Mishimoto never heard of that clan. He wondered where they were located.

Looking at the corpse, Mishimoto excited it closely. From the wounds on it, the person faced their attacker head on. Making it difficult to tell what direction they were traveling in.

He shook his head. "We should inform my father about this."

Yuri smiled. "Do you think we will be sent out again like the old days?" Yuri asked.

Mishimoto looked at her without a word for a moment. "You are not even that old, what do you mean old days?"

"Old enough. Many people don't live to see past ten." Yuri responded.

Mishimoto agreed with her on that. Although he understood what she meant by old days, he doubted his father would agree. With the state they were in now, they had to focus on themselves not others.

"I don't think he would agree. Although their is profit in war, we don't have the numbers to do much. And we don't want to make enemies." 

Yuri sighed.

"These are going to be some long boring years ahead." Yuri commented.

Mishimoto did not respond.

After a moment of silence, Yuri got up from the ground. "Let's head back, they should have found Kermit by now."

Yuri and Mishimoto both flickered away. From the shadows a man appeared as he looked into the distance. He watched the two kids go in one direction before he narrowed his eyes.

'I thought I got rid of all his clansmen, so who were they?' 

4