Chapter 25 – Getting Invovled
119 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Denji paused for a moment as he noticed something. The sound was faint, but his ears picked up on it. It was kind of odd since this was the same path he used to travel to the Narukami clan, and there was no one in sight. Now, someone was here.

His hands moved in preparation for one of his many earth style jutsus. Yet, no one appeared.

Were they waiting on him to drop his guard? If that was the case, it was not going to happen.

His body flashed and Denji seemed to vanish. He would not wait on them to strike first.

When Denji reappeared his kunai was drawn and ready to strike. What he found surprised him.

A woman leaning up against a tree. She had her eyes closed and there was a large gash on her chest. From the coloration Denji could see it was infected.

The spot she picked was hidden and many would not notice it. He only did because he was up so high and stayed alert.

The woman's eyelids shot open as she gave Denji a glare. Her eyes were red and there were two black tomoe in them. Denji has never seen anyone with such eyes before.

Jumping back was the first instinct he had.

Wounded and hiding. This woman was not out to get him. Denji did not lower his guard but he was prepared to leave.

Staying here was a bad idea, and whatever this was he did not want to get involved in it.

"Y-you!" The woman struggled to speak as she readjusted herself.

A second later she coughed blood.

Denji found it hard to move his body. It was as if the tree itself came to life and trapped his feet in its roots. Even his hands had a difficult time moving.

"What is you name and what are you doing here?" The woman questioned him.

"Asago Denji and I am here to offer my good will to the Narukami clan." Denji replied back not even a moment later.

After he spoke the woman coughed again. Her eyes transformed from red to black and Denji regained control over his body.

Whatever that was, this woman did it. Who was she? What did she do to him? When did she even do it?

Denji had many questions and from how the woman closed her eyes, he could tell that they would not be answered. There was no telling if she fell unconscious or if she was wishing for him to let his guard down. Whatever the case may be, Denji wanted nothing to do with her.

He made sure to remember her features and armor. This was someone he would have to inform his family about. Such a technique needed to be known about.

His family were great at ninjutsu and taijutsu, but they lacked any sort of defense against genjutsu. Although Denji was confident in his ability to break out of most genjutus, whatever she did to him was something new.

He hoped she died there. It would be for the best.

As Denji disappeared through the forest, the woman slowly came to. Slowly she got up from her position.

"You just... don't give up." She managed to say.

Three figures emerged from the shadows. Their faces covered by a black cloth.

"And you have no where left to run Uchiha." One of the voices belonged to a man.

The woman managed to smirk even in her condition.

Another figure emerged. It was Denji who clicked his tongue. "Shit, I should have just stayed away..."

3