Chapter 24 – East, South, and West
116 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rai stared at Denji with caution. He was always cautious towards others. No one could be trusted except for your own blood. Still, he would not shed blood unless he needed to. So far, Denji did not give him a reason.

"So you came here to find out about the barrier? As you've guessed we did not have any luck with it." Rai said.

Denji understood afterall he saw how mysterious that barrier was.

"Yes, I was hoping we could join forces to try and destroy it. However, when I returned with some clansmen we could not find it." Denji said.

Rai raised his eyebrow. "Were you lost? No, if you managed to find us here then you wouldn't have lost your way. That could explain why the others have yet to return..." Rai started to say.

"From what you are saying it sounds like you did not know."

Rai clicked his tongue. "What do you know?"

Denji shook his head. "Nothing. Surprised is all that the patriarch is not keep tabs on his clansmen."

Rai smiled then laughed. "You're a funny old man, you know that? I'm not the leader here, but I will be in the future."

Denji instantly understood.

Rai did not mind giving this out, as there was very little need for him to hide this fact. Denji did not know who the leader was, and even if he did what was he going to do alone?

Instead, Rai was thinking about what he said. He went back to that location with his clansmen. Meaning there were more of them in the area.

It was odd as there has not been any notice of a new clan emerging or an old one moving. There was also the name, Asago. Rai never hears of it before.

"If that is all you wanted, then I suggest you leave." Rai said in a serious tone.

Denji could tell he was overstaying his welcome. This was his first time here, and Rai did not want his presence to be known.

Denji could feel the stares he was getting from the others around them.

Denji moved like the wind as he reached into his inner pocket and grabbed the blood soaked note Yuri gave him.

Rai spotted the note and movement Denji used. He had to give the man some praise, he was quick with his hands.

"What is that?" Rai asked with suspicion.

Denji smiled lightly. "Take it as a sign of goodwill." Denji flicked the note forward and Rai caught it.

Opening the note up, Rai read it before his eyes grew big. However, his facial expression soon returned to normal.

"Information like this is not cheap. I won't even ask how you got it. Now, what is it you want?" Rai asked.

Denji shook his head. "Nothing truly. If you happen to find out anything relating to the barrier, I'd be more than happy to listen." Denji said.

Rai nodded. "Sure. If we find anything I'll find you."

Denji was about to step off and leave but Rai opened his mouth again. "Since I never heard of your clan before, I assume you are new to these parts. I'll do you a favor and warn you before it leads to your clans downfall. Beware of the East, South and West."

Denji looked at Rai in confusion. "The areas in this land, don't go to them or thread carefully when you do." Rai said.

"What's in them? Some kind of demonic beast?" Denji said half jokingly.

Rai did not laugh at what Denji said. "No. There are three clans you don't want to mess with. Hyuga, Senju, and Uchiha. They may not be beasts, but they will end your life in the worse way."

Denji nodded. Neja told them about the Hyuga he met, and from what he said they already knew about their clan. The kids also seemed to have met one of their clan members.

Denji took this to heart and left. He did what he came here for, and hopefully left an impression.

Seeing Denji leave the area Rai looked at the note in his hands. He should inform his father about this.

To think their enemies had the guts to launch an attack on them.

3