Chapter 26 – Reason
127 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was no real reason Denji decided to turn around. He did not know her, nor did want to save her. The only reason he did it was curiosity. Her abilities piqued his interest that he had to turn around to learn more.

It was as simple as that. Even if she was dying, he would ask her what he could. Denji was even willing to trade, her life for knowledge. 

The best way to guard against something was to know how it worked. That is what Denji was after.

Yet, upon returning he stumbled into a situation. He was lost in his own thoughts that he failed to sense them. Because of that one mistake he ended up here.

Three ninja that covered their faces, and one injured woman. This was not how he wanted to spend his night.

"Shit, I should have just stayed away..." Denji cursed outloud.

Before he could finish his sentence one of the men attacked him. Denji saw this and was prepared.

As the two kunai flew in his direction, Denji's body stood still. With a thud, the two kunai found themselves embedded into Denji's body.

Yet, the man that threw the kunai was not excited about this kill. Because he knew Denji was not dead.

Denji's body collapsed upon itself as it turned to rock and dust.

"An earth clone. Spread out and find him, I'll take care of her." The man in the center called out to the other two.

Both figures on the side moved.

Denji held his breath and waited. The moment those two figures left the one in the center alone, he moved.

The ground beneath the man's feet rumbled as Denji grabbed hols of his feet. With a pull, he yanked the man down.

Before he had a chance to speak his body was underneath the ground. Denji had no problems holding his breath and moving down here, but this man did.

His hands moved like the wind underneath the ground. With another sign completed, the earth wrapped itself tightly around the man's body. Until blood oozed from his ears, mouth and nose.

It only took a moment for Denji to kill him, but he could not let his guard down. He had to take advantage of this situation while he still could.

He sensed the presence of another person. They were on the ground that was why he picked up on them.

Denji's body shot forth like a bullet. The man was on guard and heard the ground rumbling behind him. As he turned he saw a figure launch out from the ground right at him.

Left, right or up. Which way should he go? With the tree behind him it was impossible to go back.

Up. The man jumped up onto the tree. With the angle Denji was flying he would not be able to change direction.

The man started making hand signs to unleash his jutsu. Yet, he saw something he did not think of. Denji spun his body 180 degrees in the air. With one swift motion Denji launched a kunai at him.

The kunai pierced the man's mouth as soon as he finished placing his hand against his mouth. His plan was to release a fireball at Denji, but that failed.

The jutsu he was going to release exploded in his mouth.

'Two down, now where's the last one?' Denji asked himself as he quickly scanned the area.

'What type of...?' In a tree the last figure was hiding. He was stunned by Denji's actions. The way this man moved was different.

With his swift Denji finished off his teammate, the man was debating on showing himself. He could not take Denji on by himself that was something he knew.

He was waiting for his captain to come, but seeing as he did not make it over here yet. Something must have happened.

The man was lost in his own thoughts for a moment, but he already lost sight of Denji.

The hot breath he felt on the back of his neck caught him off guard. When he noticed it was too late.

Denji sliced him across his neck. The man was as good as dead.

He could not leave any of them alive. It would be bad if news of their location was somehow passed on to those that betrayed them. Besides, their clan did not need unwanted trouble.

If he left this man alive it would only spell trouble for them later.

Denji's body flickered as he vanished then appeared in front of the woman from before.

"Guess you owe me, huh?"

3