Chapter 27 – Woman
107 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was late night, early morning when Denji returned to his clan. Neja and Ai could not be seen, but Denji knew they were around.

The first thing he heard upon returning was the sound of metal on metal. He could not help but smile.

Yuri and Mishimoto were finally sparring again. This was not an accomplishment worthy of praise. However, he was getting older and keeping up with Yuri was exhausting.

It seemed like every week her skills improved more than he would like. Considering every time she improved, his job got harder.

Although, Denji was also proud to have a child like her. Yuri's mother would have been happy.

Denji sighed as he recalled her mother. He should check in with Yuri to see how she was feeling. It was not easy for him when his wife died, so it can't have been easy for Yuri either. Considering how close the two were.

Landing on the ground Denji laid the woman he was carrying down.

Moments later two figures appeared before him. One being Mishimoto, the other Yuri. Both kids were sweating profusely and breathing heavy.

This made Denji wonder how long they spared for.

"Who is this?" Mishimoto asked as he examined the black haired woman.

"I thought you would be gone for a few days, it has not been that long." Yuri said as she raised a questioning eyebrow.

Denji started to remove the red armor that was protecting the woman. He saw the clan symbol on the back and was curious about it, but the woman blacked out.

"My plan was to be out for a few, but I had to come back early. Mostly yo treat her, but also to share news with Neja." Denjia paused as he sat the armor to the side. "As for who she is, I don't know. She's a native of this land, that's for sure."

Mishimoto knelt down and poked the woman's creamy skin. "Well, she isn't dead. You going to kill her? We could also turn her over to some clans for a profit." Mishimoto started to toss out some ideas while noting that the woman was still alive.

Yuri elbowed him in the side making him hush up.

"No. I'm going to treat her just enough to find out some answers. After that, we will see what happens." Denji replied.

"Is it not a bad idea to bring her here? What if she tries to kill us?"

Denji did think that over but this was the only safe place he could treat her. If he wanted answers to his questions he needed to ask them from her. With all of them here, he felt she would have a hard time killing them off.

"Well, we will deal with it if it happens. Now where is your father?" Denji asked Mishimoto.

Mishimoto pointed his head to the left. "He went out hunting, he should be back shortly."

Denji nodded. "Good, he needs to hear ehat I have to say. All of you do." Denji said before he turned his gaze downward. That large gash on this woman was deep.

He doubted he could treat her the way she needed, but he could do a decent job. "Yuri, do we have any medical herbs that can be used? Something for infection?"

"Yes, there were some we collected. I'll go grab some."

"Mind grabbing me some water and a bowl?" Denji asked Mishimoto.

3