Chapter 28 – Awakening
115 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven days went by in a flash, and with it the odd woman whom Denji saved woke. After treating her injuries a week ago, the woman stayed unconscious.

Neja and Denji debated on keeping her, but in the end they voted on her stay. After all, she would owe them for saving her life. In return they could gain more knowledge, especially on her odd abilities.

In this week not much happened. Training, exploring, and building. That was all they could do currently.

More homes were erected, ten to be precise. The dojo that would be used for sparing was being built.

As for the fence that would protect them, that was still underway. Neja wanted to build it tight, but he had no idea how many members their clan would have in the future. Thus, it was still in the works.

No sight of Kermit or the barrier in this past week either. The only thing their family did know was that he was somewhere.

The Asago clan did manage to create a map of all the places they explored. Ai was in charge of that, and it was coming together nicely. They realized they were in the north western part of this land.

Besides creating a map, Ai kept vanishing during the day. No one in the clan said anything about it, but they all knew where she was.

Mishimoto ran his hands through his pale blue hair as he inhaled. He was beat after his spar but also noticed his mother was missing.

"Gone again?" Yuri asked him as she brushed up against his side.

She wiped her face with a black towel she made. After which she held it out to Mishimoto.

Shaking his head towards her gesture Mishimoto replied, "Yeah. This is the third time today. I wonder what she is feeling."

Yuri looked at the direction she knew Ai went down. "She just needs time, we all do. And it is not like Kermit is lost or dead, he will return to us." Yuri told him.

"Does it?" Mishimoto asked in doubt.

Yuri said nothing.

"Did you get over your mom?" Mishimoto brought the subject up.

Yuri felt like she had this conversation before. Not even that long ago. She did. Yuri had it with her dad a few nights back.

She did tell him how she felt, and during these five days since, her feelings haven't changed.

"No. I still miss her, my dad does too. Although he does not show it. I think he is diving into work, to restore the clan to keep his mind off it." Yuri said.

Mishimoto looked at her for a moment before he glanced away. "I miss my brother too. Kazu, not Kermit. I miss them both, but in different ways." Mishimoto spoke softly.

"You did not know him that well, you were only three back then." Yuri said.

"I don't think that matters, I still recall him. Kermit doesn't know about him."

"Maybe it's for the be-" Yuri could not finish her sentence as she spotted a long black haired woman.

The woman was covered in bandages and had her hand on the side of the building for support. "When did she wake up?" Yuri asked as she eyed the woman.

"Let's go find out." Mishimoto said as he dashed forward.

Yuri was one step behind him as they both approached the woman.

Neither of them knew anything about her, but she did not know them either. Both of them should have been more careful with their approach. Especially since the woman could be confused about her situation.

She seemed to sense their approach as she instantly took a fighting stance to guard herself. Her black eyes transformed crimson red with two tomoe inside them. This feat shocked both kids causing them to keep a distance.

"Who are you and where am I?" The woman asked.

3