Chapter 37 – Hunting together
90 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ai sat on the grass with her legs crossed. Her eyes were closed as she prayed that her son was alright. That he would return to them in one piece.

It was difficult for her to not have him around. He was her baby, her little boy.

Although she blamed Denji, she knew it was not his fault. He was doing the best that he could, and that was already saying a lot. Still, it bugged her that this happened.

After her prayer she got up.

"Is something wrong?" Ai asked outloud.

Mishimoto, her eldest son appeared as he jumped down from a tree branch.

"No, I'm checking in to see how you are doing." He asked in a worrying tone.

Ai gave him the best smile she could. "Everything is fine. How are things with Yuri going?" Ai asked as she wanted to change the subject.

Mishimoto looked at Ai for a moment before he spoke. "Same as its always been. She's learning a new jutsu from uncle."

Ai raised an eyebrow once she heard that. Denji taught Yuri a lot, but Yuri was very stubborn on learning wind techniques. Denji was hoping that Yuri would forgo that path, but it seems that he cracked before she did.

It was the only techniques he could teach her. As Yuri learned all the earth style jutsus from him already.

"And what do you think of it?" Ai asked her son.

Mishimoto shrugged. "Not my style. You know grandma's techniques?"

Ai nodded.

"Well, I'm trying to copy those. It is harder than I imagined. As only me and Yuri are capable of doing the same thing. So, I can only rely on myself." Mishimoto told his mother.

Ai shook her head. "That's not entirely true. Your grandmother wrote down everything she knew. They are stored underground beneath the land where we used to live."

Mishimoto was silent. This was news to him. He was shocked that there were jutsus written down out there, awaiting him.

Ai saw the look on his face and shook her head. "You know we can't go back. Not yet."

"But... I'll be in and out, no one will ever see me coming."

"Honey... you don't know that. We've been gone a few weeks now, and who knows what our old land looks like now. A new clan could live there." Ai said.

"Just wait. In a few years we can return and take back what is rightfully ours. Until then, lefs just try to lay low."

Mishimoto sighed but nodded. There was nothing he could do about it.

Ai smiled. "Now that, that is settled. How about you and I go hunting?"

"Mom, aren't I a little too old need a supervisor when hunting?" Mishimoto asked her.

Ai pinched his cheeks. 

"You're never too old to go out with your mother. Now come, let's go. I want to see how much you've improved since the last time."

Mishimoto secretly rolled his eyes after his mother turned her back towards him. The last time they went hunting together was a year and a half ago. Before their clan became famous in their old land.

Only took them a year to rise to the top in their respective region. Yet, it all came crashing down in the matter of one night.

2