Chapter 41 – Preperations
105 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Neja, Ai, and Denji stayed up late while Yuri and Mishimoto both went to bed. The kids needed to be fully rested for what was to come.

"How do we want to play this?" Denji asked Neja and Ai. Both of which were still seated on the stumps where they ate at.

Having all agreed to help the Narukami clan in hopes of gaining an alliance with them. The Asago clan members were planning on how to best approach this war.

"Well, we have to notify the Narukami clan. The faster, the better. We don't need to have them fighting us thinking we are the enemies." Neja said calmly.

His eyes glanced towards his brother, Denji. "I can leave this task to you. Help them if need be, but save your energy for when the battle begins." Neja then turned towards Ai. "We will observe the Hitare clans movements along with the kids. Once we've confirmed they are heading towards the Hitare clan, we can send Yuri ahead to warn them. Me, you and Mishi will strike from behind catching them off-guard." Neja explained.

None of them questioned whether Yuri would make it to the Narukami clan in time. They knew of her speed and what she was capable of.

Yuri and Mishimoto were both young, but very talented. More so than the adults. It was a shame that none of them awakened their bloodline. Yet, Yuri and Mishimoto both did. Although it was not the same as the founders, it was still powerful.

"I have no problem with this. Depending on how they travel, we may be able to pick them off." Ai said.

Neja nodded in agreement. They might send scout's out first then send in the main squad. With their number of capable fighters being on the smaller size, Neja was unsure what they were capable of.

The real question was, how strong were the Hitare clan and how many Uchiha were assisting them?

"I have no problems with this, but we should think about what we will do if they decline our offer. There is a chance they won't agree. An unknown clan helping them is suspicious no matter how you play it." Denji told Neja.

Which was true. Although their clan was nice enough to inform the Narukami clan about the note they found. There was no telling what the Narukami clan thought about them. They were no one special, with no influence in this region.

Offering a hand of help without any notable background would cause flares to go off in this situation. It would only be natural for them to suspect their clan would play them for a fool.

"That's a valid point. However, from what you told us before it seems this Rai is the person to speak to about this matter. He did inform you of the three major clans here, and there was no need for him to do that. Even if he doesn't believe you, he probably won't harm you." Neja told Denji.

The probably was not giving Denji any confidence in this matter. If things went wrong and they treated him as an enemy, he doubted he would leave alive. No one was strong enough to face an entire clan at their own domain.

Neja played his hand on Denji's shoulder. "Believe in yourself. You got this!"

Denji gave a slight smile that did not mean anything. Just to show he was willing to go ahead with the plan.

"I'm going to prepare. I plan to set off at the break of dawn." Denji told the two of them before he turned and left.

When Ai and Neja were alone, Ai looked at her husband. "I went hunting with Mishi today."

Hearing this, Neja smiled. He knew his son and wife had not been hunting together in some time. "How'd it go?"

"It was alright. He's improved drastically, but there are some things he needs to work on. It was nice though, reminded me of the past." Ai told him.

Neja placed his hand around her as he pulled Ai close. "Yeah. Those were some good times."

Both of them were silent for a minute before Ai looked up at him. "I told him about the scrolls hidden away."

Neja looked at her stupefied. "You what?!"

Ai leaned away from him and sighed. "It's not that big of a deal. We can reclaim them at a later date."

Neja shook his head. He had to stay focused on what lay ahead of them. "It's fine. You're right, we can reclaim them at a later date. Let's just make sure this goes ok, alright?"

Ai nodded.

2