Chapter 42 – Movement
88 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was evening the next day when the Asago clan moved out. Denji left before them as he headed towards the Narukami clan in advance.

With Ai, Yuri, and Mishimoto following his lead Neja led them east. In the direction of the Hitare clan where they would wait to follow their movement. The Hitare clan kept preparing for the upcoming war, and it was not until the third day of observation did they finally make their move.

Their entire clan mobilized. All the kids that seemed to be five years old and up were donned in protective gear and put in the back of the formation. Neja found this to be odd, as they left their home undefended. It was also confusing to him as to why the Hitare clan would take the children with them.

In their old land, children and some of the older ninja stayed back. The kids could barely fight, and there was no need to put them in harm's way.

The only reason Yuri and Mishimoto saw any action when they were younger was because they wanted to. With the region under their control, all their clan did was defend what was theirs. So in Neja's mind, those two were never really in harm's way. At least until that night when their clan was destroyed.

Yuri looked at Neja. The question she wanted to ask was clear.

Neja shook his head. "It's not time yet. We will follow for now, until we can make out what direction they will come from. Then you can advance forward." Neja told her before he looked at his son. "Their clan seems to be left unguarded, wait a while and see what you can find. I want you to take anything valuable and store it away. We'll mark the trees as we advance so you can catch up."

Mishimoto nodded. This was a prime opportunity for them. If their clan could steal the resources away from another clan, then it would skyrocket their development. Which was something they needed.

"Be careful," Ai told her son.

There was no need to tell him this as Mishimoto tried to be careful when he did anything covert. Still, Ai said it to him as she was worried for her son, even if there would not be any danger.

"Let's go," Neja said towards Ai and Yuri as he jumped towards the next tree.

In a swift motion, Yuri made a mark on the tree with her kunai before she left the area. Now Mishimoto would know where they last were and going forward she would mark the way so he could catch up to them. They knew the area the Narukami clan were located because of Denji and the map. But, that did not mean the Hitare clan would take a direct route there.

As everyone left, Mishimoto's aura changed.  He no longer seemed relaxed, and the smile on his face faded.

Waiting a few minutes, Mishimoto made his move. His body flickered as he moved from the tree to the gate of the Hitare clan. Scanning the area he noticed there was no one present. 

2